This thread currently has 4,998 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Grim_Exile
June 4, 2012, 3:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from Meza
Well I can remember batch and felgate wearing green jerseys, but under I don't think we did under Buckley MK 1

During Buckley Mk I, my then much younger hubby wrote to Buckley alerting him of the superstition around the colour green and sailors.  He received a letter back from Sir B along the lines of ' I'm willing to give anything a go'.  Next game Steve Sherwood came out in (and I quote hubby here) 'the mankiest yellow shirt you've ever seen'.  I believe that match was won along with many to follow......

And yes, hubby still has the response.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
June 4, 2012, 3:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from petethemariner
But both corners are open! I would have thought that the best area to create an atmosphere would be in the centre sections, that was always the case in my youth - which i can only just remember!

The other side of the pontoon has shelter at the side doesnt it?. Worse place to sit in the ground in terms of trying to make an atmosphere.
Reply: 51 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 5, 2012, 9:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
re atmosphere : surely the best place for any atmosphere would be in the main stand or osmond as acustics are better. and the fact you are actually next to the away fans!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shirt launch date 9th June

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.