Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 128 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 5,617 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
July 28, 2012, 6:01pm
Guest User
Can't see another thread so here we go...

Dry bobbly pitch made it tough for passing but quick surface and small pitch gave the feel of a of a 5 a side game.

1st half
.................Fleming
Wood....Ford?....Miller...Thomas
.......Disley..Thanoj..Artus
Colbeck........Cook.......Southwell

Went with 4-3-3 today which merged into 451 but we spread the ball well and Colbeck got into the wide spaces well.

2nd half (generally)

............Fleming
YT.......Wood....Pearson...Morell
..........Hatton.......Niven
................Soares
.Southwell...G Pearson...Elding

Trlalist centre back did alright but not the biggest and would like to see him again.
Youth right back impressed me 2nd half.

MOM for me today was Southwell for control, skill and ball retention.
Think it was him who put a delightful left footed cross in for Hatton to nod home ? (who I thought did alright in the middle)

Not as top notch a perfromance as previous games(though that's a tough ask) and would have liked to see a bit more creativity on show to open up the space instead of being forced to pass back. (though maybe this was the plan to keep the ball)

But a fair perfromance and good workout and given the conditions don't think you can read too much into it either way.
Garth
July 28, 2012, 6:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
I too was impressed with Southwell  looks promising for the near future, IMO Cook and Colbeck are our strongest alternative on todays showing along with Southwell, Hatton alongside Niven in midfield with Thanoj as play maker would be my choice on Tuesday.Bradley has to start at RB
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 48
cardiffmariner
July 28, 2012, 6:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,293
Gold Stars: 23
What was the score?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 48
Ollie
July 28, 2012, 6:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: -3
Quoted from cardiffmariner
What was the score?!

Won 4-2
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 48
upthestripes
July 28, 2012, 6:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.40
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Barton looked much better than they did last year when we played them, but still I was disappointed with conceding 2 against them.
Not the best performance but by no means poor. Asked Liam if he'd be fit for Lincoln but doesn't know, "not up to me", but says his (ankle?) is much better.
Also, good to meet you FishoutofWater & Catchoftheday, nice chatting - Jonnyboy where the heck were you?!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 48
CatchOfTheDay
July 28, 2012, 6:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from upthestripes
Barton looked much better than they did last year when we played them, but still I was disappointed with conceding 2 against them.
Not the best performance but by no means poor. Asked Liam if he'd be fit for Lincoln but doesn't know, "not up to me", but says his (ankle?) is much better.
Also, good to meet you FishoutofWater & Catchoftheday, nice chatting - Jonnyboy where the heck were you?

Nice to meet you aswell, thought they seemed to play quite well passing the ball about also an interesting fact, their striker has scored 260 goals in 5 seasons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 48
aaron rattray
July 28, 2012, 6:48pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I thought it was a tough game, Fleming could of done better with their 2 goals, did anybody see me? And thanks for the free burger  barton

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 48
CatchOfTheDay
July 28, 2012, 6:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from aaron rattray
I thought it was a tough game, Fleming could of done better with their 2 goals, did anybody see me? And thanks for the free burger  barton

I'm guessing you didn't see me then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 48
Fishfinger
July 28, 2012, 6:52pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from aaron rattray

You ask that on the fishy after EVERY game!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 48
CatchOfTheDay
July 28, 2012, 6:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Fishfinger

You ask that on the fishy after EVERY game!!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 48
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.