Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

Just Back...

This thread currently has 9,516 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinersOnTheUp
December 28, 2013, 5:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
In the car at least! (Typing on phone so may be a few spelling mistakes ect so apologies if there are.)

Quite frustrating to watch really, reminded me a lot of a York game a few seasons ago where we were 2-0 down, got back to 2-2 and then lost 3-2. (FAT Quarter final?). Seemed to start slowly and let them get on top of us. Did well later on to get back to 2-2 and had a good 10/15 minutes and disappointed to go on and concede again.

Very out of character performance from this town team i'm honest, could have honestly compared it to a game under wood in our first season in this hell hole. We missed Big Mac and could have done with the shop and neilson on from the start.

Maybe i'm being a bit harsh purely out of being disappointed but oh well, can't win them all. Looking forward to the derby and another win!
Come on you mariners. Wonder if we'll get the usual 'Now what?' thread with some idiot questioning the managers position that we usually get when an unbeaten run comes to an end?

UTM

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Chrisblor
December 28, 2013, 5:18pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
Disgusting decision from the referee to award the free kick they scored from. Thomas was being fouled if anything.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 72
MarinersOnTheUp
December 28, 2013, 5:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from Chrisblor
Disgusting decision from the referee to award the free kick they scored from. Thomas was being fouled if anything.

The sooner we get out of this league the better although the referees aren't too much better in the league if I remember rightly.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 72
BIGChris
December 28, 2013, 5:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Didn't deserve anything on the balance of play.
Looked very lethargic first half and got punished. Got back into it and then after the equaliser petered out.

Maybe the changes were necessary but Cook or Colbeck didn't do there chances of a recall much good.

Best player on the pitch was Dan Whitaker by a mile.

Many had a feeling this was a game too far and were proved right. Total rest between now and Wed when I would be surprised to see more than 300 imps after today's hammering
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 72
Hagrid
December 28, 2013, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,385
Gold Stars: 528
Looked tired today but not going to moan as a run has to come to an end and fair play to the lads for getting it back to 2~2. Good free kick from their lad but never a free kick in the first place. Onwards and upwards and start a new run against the gimps. Mention to their captain nunber 23 i think, he was excellent
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 72
grimsby pete
December 28, 2013, 5:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Two games in two days is hard enough,

BUT

When you have been kicked all over the place in the first game,

We can forgive the players for not being at their best.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 72
December 28, 2013, 5:30pm
Guest User
It is disappointing but our unbeaten run had to come to an end at some time. Now we need a reaction against Lincoln to see us get back on track. If we can put together another 15 match unbeaten run then it will put us in a good chance of getting a play-off spot.
Reply: 6 - 72
dapperz fun pub
December 28, 2013, 5:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Gutted but not suprised the gimps will suffer because of this result
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 72
ginnywings
December 28, 2013, 5:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
We don't score enough from open play and the strikers don't score enough generally. Too reliant on set plays for my liking.

Hannah, LJL and Cook have 12 goals between them and Hearn is still second top scorer with 5, despite hardly kicking a ball. Hannah has a few pens as well.

We need more firepower and another defender in Jan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 72
springstomind
December 28, 2013, 5:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
We were poor first half with some bad defending for the goals, but after 2-2 I thought we looked like pushing on, but as all have said my thoughts all the way through the game 23 Whitaker run the show and looked a different class, he was everywhere... I think in another day we would beat them butMacclesfield worked wxtremely hard when we had the ball and in the end probably just about deserved the win... Let's push in from here, in hurst we trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 72
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.