BIGChris
March 24, 2014, 9:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Anyone on here a Walker?

I don't mean to the bus stop but more a hill Walker. If so please post on here and I will get in touch
Private Message
Les Brechin
March 24, 2014, 9:17pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,703
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from BIGChris
Anyone on here a Walker?

I don't mean to the bus stop but more a hill Walker. If so please post on here and I will get in touch

I reckon Mount Snowdon is a bit more than a hill Chris!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
Grimal
March 24, 2014, 11:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
[quote=14]Anyone on here a Walker ?

My Missus says I am, Whoops sorry Big Chris I really must go to spec savers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Southwark Mariner
March 25, 2014, 9:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
I walked up Snowdon about 12 years ago. There's a few paths and I think we went up the easy one. Had been promised there was a cafe at the top so foolishly left our backpacks in the minibus. The cafe was shut and so we were quite dehydrated when we got back to the bottom.

I saw the news about Wrexham walking up Snowdon. I thought maybe the Trust could organise a dock tower climb. I've done that a couple of times for charity and always fun.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
grimsby pete
March 25, 2014, 9:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
I walk my dog but its very flat in Suffolk.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
cmackenzie4
March 25, 2014, 9:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Hi Chris, i am a very keen walker i go all over lakes, peaks and Scotland regularly, i know chaos33 is too.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Les Brechin
March 25, 2014, 11:09am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,703
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Hi Chris, i am a very keen walker i go all over lakes, peaks and Scotland regularly, i know chaos33 is too.

Ever climbed Snowdon Chris. Well, I assume that's what Chris is looking for. I am also assuming that they mean the climb will start at 10AM rather than the 10PM it states in the email.

Quoted Text
Please see below letter from the Wrexham Supporters Trust. They are kindly inviting other supporters trusts the chance to join them in their annual sponsored walk up Mount Snowden. One of our board members, Dan Humphrey, has already put his hand up for this and so we are looking for one other volunteer. You need to be reasonably fit (although it is not a race) and you also need to be capable of getting a good level of sponsorship. Full details below. Please get in touch if you are interested.

Date: 18 March 2014 16:20
Subject: Fundraiser for your Trust/Club!
To: ChrisParker@marinerstrust.co.uk

Dear Chris,

This year Wrexham Football Club celebrate its 150th Anniversary, and the club is organising a number of events to celebrate this, as well as raising much needed funds for the club.

As you maybe aware Wrexham are a 100% fans owned club and rely heavily on fans contributions, and with this in mind we would like your help in promoting an event that will give other Trusts and supporters groups a chance to raise funds for their own group or club.

For the past three years, Wrexham fans have climbed to the highest point in Wales, Snowdon, as a fundraiser, raising close to £40,000. However, this year we are limiting the number of Wrexham fans making the walk to .......150! This is where you come in.......

We are looking for 150 other Supporters Trusts or Supporters groups to join us in making the walk on behalf of their Trust / Club to raise funds for their own organisation. We want no more than two fans per Trust/Club registering for the walk, and for them to collect sponsors that would be for their Trust / Club.

The walk is to take place on Sunday 29th June 2014, and the ascent will start from the Pen-Y-Pass car park up the Miners Track route at 10pm. Wrexham Supporters Trust will put on coaches departing from Wrexham at 8am, as there is minimal parking at the Pen-Y-Pass car park.

Those taking part will need to be reasonably fit and healthy. However, please remember that this is not a race to the top! And we encourage everyone to take their time walking up; and stopping to have rests when needed. Please note that at times you are required to scramble up rocks! The walk takes between three and four hours to reach the top, and between two and a half and three hours to descend.

We would ask that everyone wear the football shirt of his or her team (over warm clothing) for an unforgettable photograph opportunity at the top of Snowdon.

We therefore invite Supporters groups to put their representatives forward for this walk as soon as possible. The sooner they start collecting sponsors the more funds they will raise.

Up The Mariners

Mariners Trust Board

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
GYinScuntland
March 25, 2014, 11:21am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Grimal
[quote=14]Anyone on here a Walker ?

My Missus says I am, Whoops sorry Big Chris I really must go to spec savers.

Had the ex wife tested for Tourette's but it came back clear. I am a male masturbator and she did want me to intercourse off.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
GYinScuntland
March 25, 2014, 11:23am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Love the East coast walk from Spurn point to Redcar, some stunning cliffs to walk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 25, 2014, 11:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Love the East coast walk from Spurn point to Redcar, some stunning cliffs to walk.

Some great memories around Redcar as a kid. Have family from marske/Redcar so used to walk around there lots.

Been spoiled for choice recently living on the edge of the Cotswolds/brecons/forest of dean so may have to look into starting again. Had some good times when I did the duke of Edinburghs award taking in the 3 peaks and the lakes, and lucky enough to have had many a holiday in the lake district too, using grange over sands (with family) and tebay (with school) as a base.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Walking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.