Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not good enough.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 183 Guests

Not good enough.

This thread currently has 16,672 views. Print
15 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Sconeboy
April 12, 2014, 5:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +218
Gold Stars: 2
Yet again. Absolutely p**s poor yet again.

If this team gets us promotion playing like that then the sides we beat will have had the most alrighty of nightmares.

Third in the league and the place is as flat as a fart. The players give the fans absolutely nothing to be positive about playing like that!!

Can see it all going to pot right at the wrong time again

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
pontoonlew
April 12, 2014, 5:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 171
I'm inclined to agree. I'm sick of this 'we got the result' because eventually that attitude will catch up with you and bite you on the bottom hard against good sides. See Newport last season, it's coming again I can guarantee you.

Anybody fancy naming me 5 occasions this season where we're comfortably outplayed a team and played like Champions? Anybody want to even give me 3 occasions? We are simply not good enough to go up and it's sad people are missing that. Chester we're horrific today, I bet Hyde were just as bad against Cambridge and Barnet against Halifax. The difference in results between the 3 sides tells you all you are going to need to know. In fact the fact Andy Cook was dropped from the entire squad today yet comes on to be arguably our best player in a 20 min spell tells you exactly what you need to know about Hursts ability as a manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 144
cmackenzie4
April 12, 2014, 5:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
My hope is that against the better teams (playoffs) we make a game of it, We seem to struggle against the so called lesser teams.

The teams around us are scoring lots of goals at the minute too, Tuesday will be a big test for Town and this may give us fans an insight on how we will cope in the playoffs.

I think Cambridge will win the playoffs now.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 144
Chrisblor
April 12, 2014, 5:32pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,774
Gold Stars: 233
Err, while some of the second half wasn't great and there were a few mental lapses, McKeown has barely had to make any saves and our strikers have finally started scoring. I've not been particularly impressed with the way we have been scraping wins lately, but today was a marked improvement. It's certainly not all doom and gloom just yet. Wait and see how we do against Halifax on Tuesday before proclaiming our certain downfall in the playoffs yeah?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 144
RonMariner
April 12, 2014, 5:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,657
Gold Stars: 226
Tuesday will be crucial both for the points, and also as a pointer to how we may do in the playoffs.

If we win, then beating Hyde would take us to 79 points which should be enough. Any thing less and I think there is a real danger we may not make it. Both Braintree and Halifax are looking strong, and it may come down to the wire between us and Gateshead.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 144
Rodley Mariner
April 12, 2014, 5:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I have to say Lew, that your post above sums up why so many of your posts frustrate me. You are entitled to an opinion and that opinion is as valid as everybody elses. However, you can't guarantee it's 'coming again', just as nobody can guarantee we'll win the play offs. Likewise, you label today's performance dire without having witnessed it.

We're clearly not in great form but we're sound defensively, hard to beat, raise our game in big games (see the FA Cup), grind out results and we're good away from home. That's enough to give me some hope. I'd also ask why, if we're so inferior to , say Halifax, that 42 games into the season we have more points than them. Labelling our manager a moron and an idiot and lambasting members of the squad is counter-productive and unfair given where we are in the league and the stage of the season we're at. As for your constant suggestion that there is some kind of an agenda against Cook, if this is true why did he give him half an hour and leave Hannah on the bench? Sounds like he did well when he came on and I'd expect he'll be on the bench if not starting on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 144
Hagrid
April 12, 2014, 5:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,376
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I have to say Lew, that your post above sums up why so many of your posts frustrate me. You are entitled to an opinion and that opinion is as valid as everybody elses. However, you can't guarantee it's 'coming again', just as nobody can guarantee we'll win the play offs. Likewise, you label today's performance dire without having witnessed it.

We're clearly not in great form but we're sound defensively, hard to beat, raise our game in big games (see the FA Cup), grind out results and we're good away from home. That's enough to give me some hope. I'd also ask why, if we're so inferior to , say Halifax, that 42 games into the season we have more points than them. Labelling our manager a moron and an idiot and lambasting members of the squad is counter-productive and unfair given where we are in the league and the stage of the season we're at. As for your constant suggestion that there is some kind of an agenda against Cook, if this is true why did he give him half an hour and leave Hannah on the bench? Sounds like he did well when he came on and I'd expect he'll be on the bench if not starting on Saturday.

Superb post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 144
gobby
April 12, 2014, 5:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Did we really have to do anything after we had scored the first. Yes We should have put away 3 or 4 more but they did not trouble our back 4 or Macca all game apart from a fluke cross. I feel if a team come and put up a fight against us we will have enough to match them.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 144
RonMariner
April 12, 2014, 5:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,657
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from gobby
Did we really have to do anything after we had scored the first. Yes We should have put away 3 or 4 more but they did not trouble our back 4 or Macca all game apart from a fluke cross. I feel if a team come and put up a fight against us we will have enough to match them.
UTMM

I hope you are right. I think we will see on Tuesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 144
RoboCod
April 12, 2014, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Excellent post Rodley. These posters congratulating Cooky on 'showing' Hurst need to have their tea, calm down and think their posts through. Hannah was on the bench but Cook was picked ahead of him. Cook (and I'm only going by the radio) didn't sound like he was having some immense game while the rest of the team were 'dire'...certainly not as good a game as Thursday.
Still, don't want to spoil anyones conspiracy theories...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 144
15 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not good enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.