Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not good enough.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 343 Guests

Not good enough.

This thread currently has 16,593 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
April 12, 2014, 5:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I have to say Lew, that your post above sums up why so many of your posts frustrate me. You are entitled to an opinion and that opinion is as valid as everybody elses. However, you can't guarantee it's 'coming again', just as nobody can guarantee we'll win the play offs. Likewise, you label today's performance dire without having witnessed it.

We're clearly not in great form but we're sound defensively, hard to beat, raise our game in big games (see the FA Cup), grind out results and we're good away from home. That's enough to give me some hope. I'd also ask why, if we're so inferior to , say Halifax, that 42 games into the season we have more points than them. Labelling our manager a moron and an idiot and lambasting members of the squad is counter-productive and unfair given where we are in the league and the stage of the season we're at. As for your constant suggestion that there is some kind of an agenda against Cook, if this is true why did he give him half an hour and leave Hannah on the bench? Sounds like he did well when he came on and I'd expect he'll be on the bench if not starting on Saturday.

I agree with hagrid. Superb post.
Reply: 10 - 144
LongEatonMariner
April 12, 2014, 5:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 3610

I agree with hagrid. Superb post.

No I agree with Hagrid, and you and Rodley.  Hey maybe not everyone is a doom merchant on here after all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 144
Mariners_15
April 12, 2014, 5:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Some people have their heads in the cloud. Second half was urine poor again, story of the last few months since Huddersfield.

Cambridge put 7 past Hyde today, I wonder if we'll do the same?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 144
LH

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Not convincing by any means but job done. Have we started with Tounkara and Cook yet? Think it's worth a go with them two after scoring today. Steady enough from McLaughlin covering at left back too so Hurst can put his boots back in the garage.

A bit embarrassing to have three or four grown men arguing over who's taking a penalty.

PS - If you've ever flown Crab Air through Brize Norton and wondered why it's taking an age for your bag to get unloaded it's because the movers are on here whinging about Town being excrement. My advice is do it yourself like I had to last time I came through  
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 144
Chrisblor

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from RoboCod
Excellent post Rodley. These posters congratulating Cooky on 'showing' Hurst need to have their tea, calm down and think their posts through. Hannah was on the bench but Cook was picked ahead of him. Cook (and I'm only going by the radio) didn't sound like he was having some immense game while the rest of the team were 'dire'...certainly not as good a game as Thursday.
Still, don't want to spoil anyones conspiracy theories...

Cook was impressive when he came on, but someone who isn't getting enough credit is Tounkara who I thought was excellent today. Very good movement and a composed finish for his goal and he also won a penalty using his pace and persistence. With 2 goals in 3 games he must start on Tuesday.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 144
LondonMariner43
April 12, 2014, 5:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Good to see plenty of posters countering the doom mongers.  If we were rubbish we wouldn't be third.  Probably only need four more points for the play offs.

I feel for the manager and players having to contend with this negativity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 144
grimsbyjack
April 12, 2014, 5:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +15
    What team would you put out on Tues . Chris?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 144
Rodley Mariner
April 12, 2014, 5:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
It's a shame, given that PH obviously likes a big/little combo upfront, that Jennings and Hannah seem currently to be the two most out of form strikers. If LJL is out I wonder if he might try Cook- Tounkara on Tuesday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 144
nickmariners
April 12, 2014, 5:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I have to say Lew, that your post above sums up why so many of your posts frustrate me. You are entitled to an opinion and that opinion is as valid as everybody elses. However, you can't guarantee it's 'coming again', just as nobody can guarantee we'll win the play offs. Likewise, you label today's performance dire without having witnessed it.

We're clearly not in great form but we're sound defensively, hard to beat, raise our game in big games (see the FA Cup), grind out results and we're good away from home. That's enough to give me some hope. I'd also ask why, if we're so inferior to , say Halifax, that 42 games into the season we have more points than them. Labelling our manager a moron and an idiot and lambasting members of the squad is counter-productive and unfair given where we are in the league and the stage of the season we're at. As for your constant suggestion that there is some kind of an agenda against Cook, if this is true why did he give him half an hour and leave Hannah on the bench? Sounds like he did well when he came on and I'd expect he'll be on the bench if not starting on Saturday.

Pontoonlew seems to have the opposite of rose-tinted glasses --  mogadon-infected contact lenses?  So predictably and relentlessly negative - and - in my opinion, so lacking in balanced football judgement is he, that I've blocked his posts (took a sneaky peek of this one though, so I could make this snarky response).

Cheer up Pontoonlew -- get some proper perspective chum.  Support the team now and then - it can be enjoyable. Honest.

By the way -- I didn't think we were remotely 'dire' today.  We're a pretty good Division 5 team, with an honest bunch of players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 144
buckstown
April 12, 2014, 5:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 77
My glass is half full. Third, 5 points clear of sixth. Fine we're spluttering a bit, but the pounding PH is taking is awful and its showing in his interviews. Get behind the boys.
Look at Luton today, it's a nerve wracking time of the season and we need to be positive. PH is on target to take us to our best finish since we got relegated so well done to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not good enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.