Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not good enough.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 140 Guests

Not good enough.

This thread currently has 16,669 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Tangerine Chris
April 13, 2014, 7:27am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
I really do not understand the mentality of some posters on this thread.  Did we lose?  NO.  I just do not know what the team has to do to please some people.  I think this season is our best chance to get out of this league, and all people can do is criticize anything and everything.

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 144
Caesar
April 13, 2014, 7:43am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
I really do not understand the mentality of some posters on this thread.  Did we lose?  NO.  I just do not know what the team has to do to please some people.  I think this season is our best chance to get out of this league, and all people can do is criticize anything and everything.

You're not the only one, I think the majority seem to be sensible but there seems to be quite a few on here who were happier winning the odd game by a few goals and then losing 3 others, finishing in mid-table nothingness rather than being in 3rd with a very real chance of promoition.  

Also the way it is being described on here you get the image we play route one all the time and nothing else.  I will admit I cannot see us every week but when I have seen us we play what I would call very average football.  We occassionally play some very nice stuff, we occassionally just boot it but mostly we play with a little bit of quality without being scintaliting.  It is not football we were spoilt with in the Buckley eras but in my opinion it is better than the effective but dull Slade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 144
DocTower
April 13, 2014, 8:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Caesar , the last sentence sums it all up . We were spoilt with ABs football , what we have now is light years away from that  . Sad thing is the squad we have aren't clever enough and our manager either knows this or he's too defencive in his thinking  . It's not sexy football to watch , I find it uninspiring . However it's still my team and I wouldn't change it for the world .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 144
barralad
April 13, 2014, 8:53am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from pontoonlew

Because I didn't go to a game I'm not allowed my opinion on the current affairs on the club? I think after 15 years of going to almost every home game, having happily said I've always vocally supported us throughout that, I'm entitled to an opinion. I travel hundreds of miles to go to games so when it's poor and as negative as it has been it's more of a bitter pill to swallow.

You may not agree with it but I'm sick of people on this board ganging up against people who have different views. I think a lot of people are naive as to how we're doing and I believe I could have a point. But anybody who doesn't share that opinion I'll have an honest debate with. Unfortunately some like to turn it into a flipping gentlemens club and jump on people who go against popular opinion.

The thing is Lew, freedom of speech is a two way street. You are quite entitled to your opinion but equally so are those including myself who wish to take issue with what you have to say. I cannot find anything to agree with in your dystopian view of the way things are at Blundell Park at the moment and as long as I am a regular contributor to this discussion board I will continue to say so. Get over it...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 144
April 13, 2014, 9:09am
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew

Because I didn't go to a game I'm not allowed my opinion on the current affairs on the club? I think after 15 years of going to almost every home game, having happily said I've always vocally supported us throughout that, I'm entitled to an opinion. I travel hundreds of miles to go to games so when it's poor and as negative as it has been it's more of a bitter pill to swallow.

You may not agree with it but I'm sick of people on this board ganging up against people who have different views. I think a lot of people are naive as to how we're doing and I believe I could have a point. But anybody who doesn't share that opinion I'll have an honest debate with. Unfortunately some like to turn it into a flipping gentlemens club and jump on people who go against popular opinion.

People don't just go against you because you go against public opinion.

People actually try and have an honest debate with you, follow up on the majority of stuff you post and highlight how the majority of it is absolute crap. A bit like when Rodley stated all those quotes of yours. You then go quiet and repeat the same arguments the following day. You are a broken record.

You have a point that we could be playing better- but let's face it so could most teams. And quite frankly, we can't change the players that we have at this time of the season so this is what we have. On our day we can beat anyone and gain promotion this year. That is the aim so just back the boys till the end of the season. Stop worrying your little heart out about stuff that may not happen!

And for those that are worried about being the worst team to gain promotion- who cares! It will mean we are less likely to bust and that's all that matters.
Reply: 74 - 144
Sconeboy
April 13, 2014, 9:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +218
Gold Stars: 2
I honestly am in shock that anybody on this board can say that yesterday was a 'good performance'.

It was WOEFUL!!

Nobody wants to be saying this, but it was just so so bad and we were playing 19th in the table!!

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 144
aldi_01
April 13, 2014, 9:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Was our season objective not to reach the play offs and hopefully go up? Are we not meeting that objective at present?

Yes we are, some will moan about how we've been playing recently, others won't. Having only ever seen York play football and go up and the others, Luton includes just play a high tempo counter attacking game we an safely say that what is needed to get out of this league is effective football, not pretty passing or indeed big boot, a style that wins games and clearly we can do that, look at our away form.

There will be lots of sides that play excellent football all over Europe in many different leagues that will end their seasons with nothing and will have gone no where.

Football is about opinions, they will differ but surely at this stage we all just need to support our club that is on track to meet its objective instead of getting on their backs and moaning time after time...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 144
Les Brechin
April 13, 2014, 9:20am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,699
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Sconeboy
I honestly am in shock that anybody on this board can say that yesterday was a 'good performance'.

It was WOEFUL!!

Nobody wants to be saying this, but it was just so so bad and we were playing 19th in the table!!

Oh, cheer the intercourse up. I don't think anyone is saying it was a GOOD performance yesterday but we're still 3rd in the table with a bit of a cushion.

If we do go up (and we still have a decent chance of that) then all the moaning will look a bit stupid, but if we don't then you can moan to your hearts content. As it is we have 4 games left to clinch that play-off spot, so lets just back the team can we rather than all this sniping and bitching.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 144
Bradford Mariner
April 13, 2014, 9:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
The so-called 'moaners' on here want nothing but the best for this club, especially promotion to the football league, so get off their backs.

What they see is such consistently poor performances that they realise that promotion is extremely unlikely unless things change and there are a lot of fans who share that view.

All views and opinions are valid and if you don't share them, tough. Deal with it.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 144
MeanwoodMariner
April 13, 2014, 10:00am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Bradford Mariner
The so-called 'moaners' on here want nothing but the best for this club, especially promotion to the football league, so get off their backs.

Is this sentence deliberately ironic?
If your argument is that people have the right to moan then it does seem a tad inconsistent to demand that others get off their backs!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not good enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.