Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for this Clown to go
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 359 Guests

Time for this Clown to go

This thread currently has 19,170 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
April 15, 2014, 10:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Quagmire

Not exactly too difficult a feat to achieve considering, but I assume you find the fact that we are more than likely going to STILL be playing non league football next season a 'success' - whatever floats your boat.

That would always be the case even if we finished 1 point behind Luton and 15 points ahead of 3rd place. At best a really good team has about a 1 in 3 chance of winning the play-offs, a poor one maybe 1 in 6. So every team who enters the  play-offs is more likely to be unsuccesful then they are successful. The key is to get in them every year then you'll eventually succeed. So far PH has done that, and is on target to do so again.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 167
nightrider
April 15, 2014, 10:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
What sort of contract is ph on - end of season?

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 167
grimps
April 15, 2014, 10:46pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from GrimRob

That would always be the case even if we finished 1 point behind Luton and 15 points ahead of 3rd place. At best a really good team has about a 1 in 3 chance of winning the play-offs, a poor one maybe 1 in 6. So every team who enters the  play-offs is more likely to be unsuccesful then they are successful. The key is to get in them every year then you'll eventually succeed. So far PH has done that, and is on target to do so again.

Rob your in dream land mate
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 167
GrimRob
April 15, 2014, 10:48pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings
his team is driving away fans

On the opening day of the season 4,037 were at BP to see Aldershot The last 2 gates at BP have been 4,174 and  4,374. Our average in the two seasons before, one of which PH arrived at when it was too late to get in the play-offs were 3,072 and 3,141. Hard to see that PH is really driving away fans - people are coming in response to our position near the top of the league I would argue more than any other factor.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 167
davmariner
April 15, 2014, 10:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from ginnywings
I can't stand the boring bloke and his team is driving away fans. That was about as boring as it gets tonight. Off our seats once in 90 mins and that chance was created by a defensive lapse. I'm finding it harder and harder to drag myself to BP and most of my mates have stopped going altogether.

We can't replace him at this stage of the season. I said at the time Scott went, that we should have cut our losses and got rid of Hurst too, brought in Mills when he was available and given him the time to build a decent footballing side.

Too late now. We have to see this through and hope to god that we get in the play offs and perform better than of late, but to be honest, i can't see it.

I agree about Mills, said at the time we'd missed an opportunity when he went to Gateshead. Could we prize him away from the Heed in the summer? Depends how ambitious Mr Fenty is.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 167
Quagmire
April 15, 2014, 10:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from GrimRob

people are coming in response to our position near the top of the league I would argue more than any other factor.

I'd argue it's as much to do with the cheap ticket offers we've had to roll out recently.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 167
MuddyWaters
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

So in our current state that's about 1 in 20, we are nowhere near good enough, our club is skint and our manager clueless.  We will sell less season tickets next year and be even more indebted to Fenty, if you're happy that that is progress then you mest beon some kind of hallucinatory substance.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 167
LH

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from GrimRob

On the opening day of the season 4,037 were at BP to see Aldershot The last 2 gates at BP have been 4,174 and  4,374. Our average in the two seasons before, one of which PH arrived at when it was too late to get in the play-offs were 3,072 and 3,141. Hard to see that PH is really driving away fans - people are coming in response to our position near the top of the league I would argue more than any other factor.

Good gates but if we were looking more convincing (league tables don't necessarily tell the whole story) we'd be looking at 5k.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 167
ackomariner
April 15, 2014, 10:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
The ten changes at dartford might just come back to haunt hurst, because that tonight was dire and we might just miss out on the playoffs

But hurst is so negative it's unreal, even on the radio he comes across as boring, so no wonder there's no urgency in the team apart from the last five mins again.

IMHO I think hurst is now showing how out of his depth he really is now were at the business end of the season, he hasn't got a clue

Halifax wanted it more than us tonight and all hurst can do is stand there with his arms folded.

Baffling to me but what do I know

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 167
mariner2000
April 15, 2014, 10:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GrimRob

The end of the season is a lot more than 2 weeks away.

League position brings in the crowds far more than "entertainment". Crowds were up 40% last year, they're a bit down this year but still well up on Hurst's predecessors who got nowhere near the play-offs.

Are gates up purely because the club has cottoned on to how to promote the team with endless offers in the paper?  Last year we needed the support to bolster a late challenge, this year we have fared better in a poor league, but the offers seem to have been far more constant than previous years

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 49 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for this Clown to go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.