Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for this Clown to go
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 213 Guests

Time for this Clown to go

This thread currently has 19,088 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
April 16, 2014, 7:42am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from carrot top

I agree. I'm finding it very hard to consider going again this season ( only one home match I know) play offs included if we make it. It is boring to watch. The only games I have actually enjoyed at BP are the fa cup games. If that level of performance we witnessed in those 3 games were replicated we would be looking at bigger gates for sure.

but if we were midtable playing Barcelona-esque total football there'd probably be 2000 going. If we were top of the league playing total football we'd get 5000 but we'd be very lucky to get a manager and squad capable of that with out budget. As long as we're in the top 5 it probably adds 500-1000 to the gate regardless of the quality of "entertainment". (And I am yet to go to a game where the crowd left happy without getting 3 points or a creditable draw - it's football not 20/20 cricket!).

Ask Wrexham, Forest Green and Barnet if they'd rather be in our position, or theirs. They've all got big budgets (bigger than ours in some cases) and we're going to finish ahead of all of them.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 70 - 167
barrattstandman
April 16, 2014, 7:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
Steve Burr becomes available at the end of the season. If we get him and are not successful will it be another of Feny's clueless appointments?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 167
GrimRob
April 16, 2014, 7:49am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from TAGG

Clueless tactical morons.

Your definition of a clueless tactical moron is someone who doesn't win the league or play-offs, so there are 22 of them in this division (in which one club is vastly bigger than all the others and very likely to win the league).

If you were to draw a shortlist of six managers in this division for the manager of the season award PH would probably be one of them - at the moment.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 72 - 167
DocTower
April 16, 2014, 7:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Your right Chris , however it's getting to the point now is it worth me paying out nearly £40 for the two of us not to be entertained . Just another frustrating match  when deep down we knew what we were going to see . One more home game against Hyde who have nothing but pride to play for , will we turn up and put a performance worthy of Grimsby ?   Sorry but rapidly loosing interest .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 167
oldun
April 16, 2014, 7:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Just to be fair, Paul did not rotate the team last night. LJL, Jennings, Rodman were not available to him. Also Cook did well on Sat when he came on and scored the winner. Tonk had scored 2 in 3 .Thomas was fit and available to regain his place. It did not work because we lost, but he had little choice with the players available.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 167
highcliff mariner
April 16, 2014, 8:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from GrimRob

but if we were midtable playing Barcelona-esque total football there'd probably be 2000 going. If we were top of the league playing total football we'd get 5000 but we'd be very lucky to get a manager and squad capable of that with out budget. As long as we're in the top 5 it probably adds 500-1000 to the gate regardless of the quality of "entertainment". (And I am yet to go to a game where the crowd left happy without getting 3 points or a creditable draw - it's football not 20/20 cricket!).

Ask Wrexham, Forest Green and Barnet if they'd rather be in our position, or theirs. They've all got big budgets (bigger than ours in some cases) and we're going to finish ahead of all of them.

Of course those teams would swap places , but that doesn't disguise the fact that IMO we just arnt good enough , just a little better than those said teams , manure are in a better position than west brom but the mancs won't be taking much comfort from the fact ?
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 167
TAGG
April 16, 2014, 8:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from GrimRob

Your definition of a clueless tactical moron is someone who doesn't win the league or play-offs, so there are 22 of them in this division (in which one club is vastly bigger than all the others and very likely to win the league).

If you were to draw a shortlist of six managers in this division for the manager of the season award PH would probably be one of them - at the moment.

This just about sums up your acceptance of dross.
So what if he was on a 'shortlist' (see wot you did there Ha Ha) he still wouldn't win.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 167
grimps
April 16, 2014, 8:14am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
I think looking at how much money he has had compared to many of the other teams in this league ,he has been well backed and I suspect there is only Luton with a bigger wage bill than us.
The other thing is he dosnt seem to learn anything ,we have all seen this coming since January and he has not been able to to counter the crap home form and poor play of his team.He's lost the fans now Rob so I expect he is walking on a very thin line ,anything but promotion and he will be gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 167
chicaneuk
April 16, 2014, 8:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
I know I'm in disagreement with my life-long GTFC supporting friend but I feel that Hurst has somehow managed to coast since the sacking of Rob Scott. I don't think PH has been able to deliver quite what the pair of them managed to deliver, for whatever reason.

That said I don't think now is the time to dump Hurst - we need to see out the end of the season and make decisions then. For whatever reason he just doesn't seem to be motivating and inspiring the team, and we just seem to be putting in these lacklustre performances game after game.

That said, I agree with points made my GrimRob earlier that how we perceive our form, vs our stats and position in the table are definitely at odds and that perhaps we do need to lighten up a little. But similarly I do share the concerns that I just don't think we're good enough to go up - and that we just don't seem to want it enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 167
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 16, 2014, 8:22am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,507
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from grimps
I think looking at how much money he has had compared to many of the other teams in this league ,he has been well backed and I suspect there is only Luton with a bigger wage bill than us.
The other thing is he dosnt seem to learn anything ,we have all seen this coming since January and he has not been able to to counter the crap home form and poor play of his team.He's lost the fans now Rob so I expect he is wanking on a very thin line ,anything but promotion and he will be gone

Exactly my point, he appears to have learned nothing and as I said at the weekend he is well suited to managing sides away from home and I expect we may well win on Friday. Of course I want us to succeed but many fans last night were commenting that they dread getting in the play offs as he might stay. I will always want us to succeed but the thought of watching that type of football for90 per cent of home games would mean no season ticket for me and occasional visits to BP next season.

He is certainly dividing opinion on here!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for this Clown to go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.