4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
April 15, 2014, 10:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I have no idea why Rodman didn't start  I can only guess he is injured?

Unfortunately we tried to nullify Halifax when we should have played our game, got it wide and passed it. It must have been nearly 20 mins until Nielson touched the ball!

People on here claim we play hoofball, we don't but we did tonight and so did they but they are far better at it than us.

Had Tonkara put away his one on one it may have been different but I can't recall another shot on target other than the goal for either side.

Poor game, Halifax  efficient  but not great by any means.

They had Gregory who got away with a lot of backing in but looked a decent player even if he hardly had a shot but the blond centre back won everything. It is easy though for a centre back to be good when the ball is tossed down your throat all night!

Positive us that it is still in our hands,
See you at Alfeton
Private Message
ginnywings
April 15, 2014, 10:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
I'd like to be positive and supportive, but i can't because we were utter shite in all departments.

We have now lost twice and failed to score against a part time team whose players will be up for work in the morning.

If people think that is good enough, then fair play.

Can't see anything that makes me think we will get promoted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
mr b
April 15, 2014, 10:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +27
As I've said I heard a rumour in the bar before the game rodman and Jennings been fighting therefore no sign of either could there be any truth in this ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
Hagrid
April 15, 2014, 10:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,387
Gold Stars: 532
Think the word rubbish sums us up tonight, rubbish team selection, rubbish performance, but still be there friday, i now firmly believe we will not go up this season though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
jonnyboy82
April 15, 2014, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Well if anyone wondered if we are the worst team occupying a playoff spot tonight proved that..

Hoof after hoof from thomas and all the back four.

Halifax were the better team,  end of.

Their is no point saying they nullified us, we did that to ourselves by constantly long balling it.

Worried after that tbh.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
pontoonlew
April 15, 2014, 10:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,997
Gold Stars: 171
I've been now, do I get to comment?

It was garbage. Did Halifax (who are part time) rotate today? Did they balderdash! Why are we rotating out our best players yet Kerr & Disley get away with it every week?

That there is the reason we'll not be going up, we've turned over by a decent side AGAIN. Yet people will be suprised at this result. It's been coming all season, we have no back up plan and no consistency in team selection. Two big guys up top = hoofball. One man is to blame. People who saw these past few games and never saw it culminating in a performance like tonight's are naive IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
Marinerdan
April 15, 2014, 10:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
We tried to play Halifax at there own game and made it far too easy for them, all we did is bang it straight up the pitch. Ball didn't stick there either and we created nothing.

Halifax are really physical and direct, we actually coped fairly well with this. Unfortunately one cracking goal out of nothing settled it. Once they scored they shut up shop.

Corners were atrocious, everyone went straight to the keeper.

Rodman was a massive miss.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
mr b
April 15, 2014, 10:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +27
Why does Kerr have to take every corner / free kick his delivery the last few games hasn't been the best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
KK_DOG
April 15, 2014, 10:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Not to disappointed. 3 games left, still confident we can get to the playoffs then who knows what might happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
carrot top
April 15, 2014, 10:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Absolutely dire tonight. When the ball is knocked long to the front two the gap to the old midfield pairing is like the Grand Canyon. There is no support for the two up top and I blame Hurst for his tactics.
As for rotation because of tiredness, he us talking out of his backside, it doesn't affect the opposition, just us. Very peed off by the whole shambles of a football game tonight.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged) Halifax

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.