Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Congratulations to Luton.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 272 Guests

Congratulations to Luton.

This thread currently has 3,353 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 15, 2014, 11:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Amid all the doom and gloom tonight, i've just realised that Luton became Champions because Cambridge lost.

Their wait is over. Hope we can join them in Lg 2 next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
JonoGrimsby777
April 16, 2014, 12:05am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +16
They have easily been the best side this season, so congratulations to them, they deserve it.

However, they were in the same situation as us in past seasons and have achieved promotion through a fantastic managerial appointment.  Hopefully we can do the same in our next one, or maybe Hurst can do it, who knows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
FishOutOfWater
April 16, 2014, 12:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
Amid all the doom and gloom tonight, i've just realised that Luton became Champions because Cambridge lost.

I thought that as soon as I heard Cambridge had lost as we were leaving BP - surprised it wasn't mentioned actually about them being champs

Heard an interview on Talksport with Nick Owen their chairman on the drive back home.....he was overjoyed of course with their promotion saying it's up there with the best moments of supporting them for 50+ years

What struck me about his interview though was he was really humble about having been down at this level and even though leaving it behind for presumably bigger and better things, paid compliments to the other teams in our league and again said how hard it is to get out of so promotion was a relief after 5 years toil, getting to the play offs and losing etc

I'm not a fan of their mouthy fans to be honest but there'll be lots more of them who are just pleased like their chairman because they see themselves being back where they belong and who won't be lauding it over  those of us stuck down here still, so yeah, congratulations to them. I hope so much we'll join them soon too but on tonight's showing doubt it will be this season
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 18
oslohatter
April 16, 2014, 10:18am
Shandy Drinker
Approval: +59
Gold Stars: 7
Thanks for the congratulations. It will be good to join the likes of Portsmouth, Plymouth, southend and oxford etc.

I hope grimsby go up too. All the best!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Grimal
April 16, 2014, 11:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from oslohatter
Thanks for the congratulations. It will be good to join the likes of Portsmouth, Plymouth, southend and oxford etc.

Congratulation Oslohatter,Your Team has definitely deserved it this season. Hope to join you in League 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
FishOutOfWater
April 16, 2014, 11:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from oslohatter

Bet you're looking forward to that Stevenage derby if / when they get relegated?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 18
oslohatter
April 16, 2014, 2:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Approval: +59
Gold Stars: 7
Stevenage will go down. Most people don't care about them, in fact about 10-15 years ago Luton people used to look out for them wanting them to go up to the league! Only hatred is Watford, MK dongs and qpr.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
FishOutOfWater
April 16, 2014, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from oslohatter
Stevenage will go down. Most people don't care about them, in fact about 10-15 years ago Luton people used to look out for them wanting them to go up to the league! Only hatred is Watford, MK dongs and qpr.

Universal hatred for them Oslo!

Didn't know that QPR were disliked that much though...I remember being at your place watching you getting promoted to the top flight against them many years back.

An early May evening game and Glenn Roeder was sent off for them which helped you on your way to a promotion sealing win

We were also in the old 2nd division back then....good old days in some ways (apart from Luton beating us 6-0 on the way to going up!)

All the best anyway with your return to the FL...just don't mess up!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 18
ivanosandwich
April 16, 2014, 5:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
I thought our fall from grace was spectacular but last night I heard that Luton were in the Championship as recently as 2007.

I'm not sure if the announcer made a mistake and I am not that bothered to find out but it does seem meteoric to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
cmackenzie4
April 16, 2014, 5:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ginnywings

Me too ginny, Quite envious if i am honest, wish it was us going up as champions!

Well done Luton..

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Congratulations to Luton.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.