Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any Positives?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 102 Guests

Any Positives?

This thread currently has 1,985 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
April 16, 2014, 2:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,504
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Marinerdan
We've learned a lot more about Halifax than they're learnt about us. Particularly there's no point trying to play long against them.  

Surely basic scouting should have told PH that before we played them?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
gaz57
April 16, 2014, 3:08pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Two mistakes from the officials led to their goal. First the linesman waved for a throw to them in front of the findus stand when we were on the attack, it did not cross the line. Secondly the throw led to a free kick which was taken while the ball was moving. I'm not making excuses but without these events it could of been very different. In this league to many games are often decided by the officials making obvious mistakes while making something out of nothing. I can understand why people are having a good moan when they want their team to do well but are not in control of the situation while the person who can change things seems to be doing anything but what they want. I believe everyone on here wants GTFC to do well but are fustrated with the thought of another failed season when we are so close to all of our dreams. Lets stick together and respect each others views and get right behind the team without falling out. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
RoboCod
April 16, 2014, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I thought Aswad put in a useless attempted tackle for the first goal, from where I was sat. Shocking display from him,  Paddy oozed confidence when he went over to the left, please put him at LB for the seasons remainder. Tonka was excellent, much more of a threat than the other strikers both on the pitch and off. Cook's one decent chance on the deck and he dallied and it was gone, good hard working game from him but I don't see what Cook offered last night that Lenny doesn't. Disley should have been subbed, Kerr was having a great game for me. Hatton was the pick of the defence,calm and assured and the only defender capable of passing the ball out.
But...no decent attempts on goal, only two decent ones from them, one a wonder strike and hey...it went in.
Same old same old at BP, and I've no doubt in my mind that we'll be seeing another season of it in the conference. Top two deserve to go up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
Tom13
April 16, 2014, 3:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from RoboCod
I thought Aswad put in a useless attempted tackle for the first goal, from where I was sat. Shocking display from him,  Paddy oozed confidence when he went over to the left, please put him at LB for the seasons remainder. Tonka was excellent, much more of a threat than the other strikers both on the pitch and off. Cook's one decent chance on the deck and he dallied and it was gone, good hard working game from him but I don't see what Cook offered last night that Lenny doesn't. Disley should have been subbed, Kerr was having a great game for me. Hatton was the pick of the defence,calm and assured and the only defender capable of passing the ball out.
But...no decent attempts on goal, only two decent ones from them, one a wonder strike and hey...it went in.
Same old same old at BP, and I've no doubt in my mind that we'll be seeing another season of it in the conference. Top two deserve to go up.

He bottled that tackle because had just said to him "one more and you're off" after arguing with him about the ridiculous throw in decision a minute earlier.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
RoboCod
April 16, 2014, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
If that's true he should have been taken off, surely? Specially as he was on a yellow. We know McLaughlin can do a good job there.
Struggling to remember the last time I saw a game changing substitution

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
Tom13
April 16, 2014, 3:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
If that's true he should have been taken off, surely? Specially as he was on a yellow. We know McLaughlin can do a good job there.
Struggling to remember the last time I saw a game changing substitution

But would you bring Fyfield on in an important game?! He'd already planned to bring McLaughlin on to go wide left because Colbeck was dreadful last night so I think that was out of the question.

Tounkara v Woking last week?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
FishOutOfWater
April 16, 2014, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Tom13

But would you bring Fyfield on in an important game?! He'd already planned to bring McLaughlin on to go wide left because Colbeck was dreadful last night so I think that was out of the question.

Tounkara v Woking last week?

I'd have been tempted to have put Tounkara out on the right when taking Colbeck off

Hannah could still have come on leaving Nielson on the left where he's more effective

Tonks' got the feet to get past players and seems to lay on / lay off some useful balls...he'd surely have done better than sitting on the bench when we needed some kind of spark near the end (like he provided last Tuesday night)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 19
Tom13
April 16, 2014, 4:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'd have been tempted to have put Tounkara out on the right when taking Colbeck off

Hannah could still have come on leaving Nielson on the left where he's more effective

Tonks' got the feet to get past players and seems to lay on / lay off some useful balls...he'd surely have done better than sitting on the bench when we needed some kind of spark near the end (like he provided last Tuesday night)

Or we could have changed the system to 4-3-3 considering we were chasing the game, with Neilson behind the 3 strikers and Disley and Kerr sitting deep as they usually do?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
Mariner Ronnie
April 16, 2014, 5:00pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Tommy
1) Keeping Gregory quiet.

I can't see how he's been banging goals in to be honest, he didn't work to get the ball all game unlike cooky, never once ventured into his own half, must have had about 2 touches all game, seemed like a bit of a poacher to me,

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
oldun
April 16, 2014, 5:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

I can't see how he's been banging goals in to be honest, he didn't work to get the ball all game unlike cooky, never once ventured into his own half, must have had about 2 touches all game, seemed like a bit of a poacher to me,

Oh yeh, we could certainly have done with his goals this season however he scored them, but them in our team with the way we play he might well gave struggled.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any Positives?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.