Private Message
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
April 18, 2014, 9:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Tell the defenders to sort themselves out for the next game, don't play defensively because we conceded three
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
GrimRob
April 18, 2014, 9:06pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
please provide your reasoning, you might be his mum  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 10
Madeleymariner
April 19, 2014, 7:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
I'll back Dev up, simple he is the only midfielder that can pass accurately more often than 1 in 10
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
sonofmadeleymariner
April 19, 2014, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Stick with Thanoj and if possible drop Kerr, he is excrement play Disley who is slightly better if fit on Monday

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
GrimRob
April 19, 2014, 8:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
He'll go for experience I reckon. Dis is fresher than Thanoj as well.

Whoever plays we still should win.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 10
Swansea_Mariner
April 20, 2014, 6:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from GrimRob
He'll go for experience I reckon. Dis is fresher than Thanoj as well.

Whoever plays we still should win.

Surely one of Kerr and Dis has enough experience, I would definitely stick with Thanoj, hopefully all the way through to promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Badger57
April 21, 2014, 10:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Kerr and Disley together are far too old, slow and pedestrian. It's a partnership that is on it's last legs. They won't be playing together next season I'm sure. Thanoj is a much more exciting prospect. I had expected him to come on leaps and bounds this season but has not largely due to being ignored for regular selection by Scott/Hurst and then Hurst. He's the best passing midfielder by a mile although I would accept that he needs beefing up a bit. Expect great things of him next season!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
MeanwoodMariner
April 21, 2014, 10:34am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Badger57
Kerr and Disley together are far too old, slow and pedestrian. It's a partnership that is on it's last legs. They won't be playing together next season I'm sure. Thanoj is a much more exciting prospect. I had expected him to come on leaps and bounds this season but has not largely due to being ignored for regular selection by Scott/Hurst and then Hurst. He's the best passing midfielder by a mile although I would accept that he needs beefing up a bit. Expect great things of him next season!  

I think that's extremely disrespectful about Kerr and Disley. Disley may not catch the eye but we have a terrible record in the games he has missed for us. Before Hannah's hattrick he was also our top scorer this season!

I do like Thanoj but he has never really nailed down a starting place when he has been given the chance. I really hope he can kick on but right now he is no more than quite a good passer. He may well play at a higher level eventually but right now I'd have Disley or Kerr over him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
DavidB
April 21, 2014, 10:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
My preference would be to play Thanoj in this game - his incisive passing could be influential in creating opportunities and his accuracy will help retain possession to build up attacks. Disley or Kerr alongside -depends on Disley's fitness (don't play unless 100% fit, having him available for Braintree and beyond is more important).

We need to be patient  - in the last couple of games (Halifax in particular) the team showed signs of being over-anxious and lacked composure as they seemed to try too hard (especially in front of a expectant Blundell Park crowd). An accurate passing game with good movement off the ball, good tempo and lots of hard work should be the key to beating Hyde.

I'd also be inclined to rest Pearson, just in case Braintree becomes a 'don't lose' (or worse!) game.

But I'm sure Paul Hurst has thought all this through much more thoroughly!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A plea to Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.