2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
April 20, 2014, 9:52am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,326
Gold Stars: 66
Are we all in a bit of shock of recent events from what seemed a total formality a few weeks ago we now find us in a position of possibly going to Braintree to keep a clean sheet something we have not done for so long or scoring equal to their score which is not our strongest asset either. Our poor home form has cost so dearly so on Monday let's get behind the boys from the off let's hope we score a bag full of goals to send the lads down south full of confidence. And prey for a little bit of fortune elsewhere

COME ON YOU  MARINERS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
April 20, 2014, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I don't know why we always try and do things the hard way but our home form is what has cost us automatic promotion.

We have found players who are committed yet seem frightened to play at BP.  We either need to bring in players who are able to play without fear or educate the current crop in being able to understand how BP can be for them in a positive way.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Mariner21
April 20, 2014, 10:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
The fact is our ground is very hostile at times. Full of old men who have seen us perform much higher get on the current teams back! Maim stand is terrible for this! Same around other parts of the ground. Grown men shouting abuse at our own players.

now this isn't unique to gy but we need to change the type of player we bring in mentally. Like John still has done at that awful place we call luton!

Asking for fans to change their ways or not to come won't work Mr Hurst. You have to tackle this head on in the summer if you stand any chance of moving us forward.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Mariner21
April 20, 2014, 10:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
But yeah let's get behind the boys and noch up a few goals!!!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
mariner tommy
April 20, 2014, 10:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Are we all in a bit of shock of recent events from what seemed a total formality a few weeks ago we now find us in a position of possibly going to Braintree to keep a clean sheet something we have not done for so long or scoring equal to their score which is not our strongest asset either. Our poor home form has cost so dearly so on Monday let's get behind the boys from the off let's hope we score a bag full of goals to send the lads down south full of confidence. And prey for a little bit of fortune elsewhere

COME ON YOU  MARINERS

We have kept four clean sheets from our last six away games.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
denni266
April 20, 2014, 10:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
I dont think it is too hard to see why our home form is not as good as it could be
First is Hursts worrying about the other team and setting up to stop them, instead of playing our own game , and that makes us negative and boring to watch,, And the second  and probably more important is that our own fans are too quick to jump on our own players backs when things go wrong. So players do not try things like they would normally in case it dosent come off.
I for one have been critical of how things are down at the park, but never at a game and never booed at our players.
It doesnt matter what job you do, if people are on your back you are not gonna perform.  its the same on here, i have picked up a few negatives for saying my mind on things but i have been proved right, the way we play will not get us promoted or even in the play offs unless we are lucky, I dont blame the players for this, i blame the manager, because we have good players , its the way they are told to play that is the problem, and also the constant changing the team round,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
RoboCod
April 20, 2014, 10:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
We haven't found our best team is the problem. Or rather Hurst hasn't. Great display in the centre of the park in the last game while missing our captain. Can't imagine Town teams of the past playing well with Groves/Waters missing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
cmackenzie4
April 20, 2014, 10:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from crusty ole pie

COME ON YOU  MARINERS

Agree!  we should of had our playoff spot sewn up 3 games ago imo, I think we will get a win tomorrow and draw (at worst) at Braintree, we don't have a good record at Braintree granted but we have done the double of Wrexham and Kiddy this season from whom we have not done to well over the years, so who knows?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
denni266
April 20, 2014, 11:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Point proved. look at the dislikes on here.. people put there own point/ view across and you get a negative from a key board warrior that cant come up with  there own points of view.. no wonder the players cant perform
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
grimsby pete
April 20, 2014, 11:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
If we win tomorrow and Braintree lose at Barnet we are there,

We could send the reserves to Braintree,

You never know we might just win.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › State of shock

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.