1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
moss_side_mariner
April 20, 2014, 10:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Just checked william hill site and they are going 16/1 for a hyde win and 7/1 the draw. is anybody tempted given our home form is a bit ropey. My betting skills are p1$$ poor. I never win, so it could be worth £1 of my hard earned on both outcomes just to jinx them.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
MeanwoodMariner
April 20, 2014, 2:08pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
Just checked william hill site and they are going 16/1 for a hyde win and 7/1 the draw. is anybody tempted given our home form is a bit ropey. My betting skills are p1$$ poor. I never win, so it could be worth £1 of my hard earned on both outcomes just to jinx them.

Initially 16/1 sounds a huge price but seeing as they've won 1 in 44 so far this season, we're in the top 4 and desperately need a win it's pretty stingy from the bookies. (Not claiming it's impossible for Hyde to win, just that objectively speaking I would want much better odds than that.)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
GrimRob
April 20, 2014, 2:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
You can get 18/1 with Bet Victor -it's shorter than Sunderland winning at Chelsea which I think was best priced around 20/1. I did back Sunderland and won but I don't fancy Hyde as they don't have anything to play for and have no form at all - Sunderland ticked both boxes.

Might as well lay the home win if you want a traitor's bet as a draw is almost as bad as a defeat for us.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 7
DocTower
April 21, 2014, 8:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Wounded tiger and all that , nothing to play for only pride , Eg Sunderland ,against one of the big boys in this league, last away game for them , pressure on us for a must win . With the way we have been playing recently scrapping results 16/1 sounds good .
Goal feast today please lads .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
mariner tommy
April 21, 2014, 10:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Save your money lads, or put it on a short odds Town win.

There is no way we won't win today, we will be fired up and know the consequences of not winning.

We will do it handsomely.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
RoboCod
April 21, 2014, 11:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from DocTower
Wounded tiger and all that , nothing to play for only pride , Eg Sunderland ,against one of the big boys in this league, last away game for them , pressure on us for a must win . With the way we have been playing recently scrapping results 16/1 sounds good .

Sunderland had everything to play for. Also had more than 10 points. No excuses today, not to say it will be comfortable or a cricket score but we just need to focus. The way things have been with freak goals/costly slips and the Alfie game I'd still be surprised with a clean sheet today however.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Sigone
April 21, 2014, 11:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
In most games this year Hyde have scored, often taken the lead then fall apart(as Robocod said in another thread).  Be interesting to see how B.P reacts should this happen and more importantly how the players react.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Abdul19
April 21, 2014, 11:36am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from DocTower

I don't think 'wounded' does them justice.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hyde to win

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.