Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You, the fans.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 247 Guests

You, the fans.

This thread currently has 6,977 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
April 21, 2014, 6:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
IMHO the club need to do whatever they can to make the atmosphere (if we do indeed make it) the most unbelievable for the home leg of the playoffs. I remember that amazing night in 1998 at home to fulham. Us.....the fans.....we're fantastic, electric, encouraging. Come on mr fenty, let's get that partisan atmosphere that has been at blundell park before.

If we stay 3rd it'll be a 4:30pm kick off on a sunday before a bank holiday monday, so I imagine alot would go to that, probably alot of people will turn up drunk too lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 21, 2014, 6:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
But, we still need to get the ground full. Obviously depending on who we play would depend on the amount of space available too. Halifax would bring more than Gateshead (unless a few extra from the north east fancy a weekend away) so give the town fans the chance to pack the osmand and the ponny and get that blundell park roar going. Why not make it £10 a ticket? Obviously season ticket holders would have to pay as well so it's extra money in the coffers and presuming it would be on bt sport

Agree chris it was a great night. Most electric I've know at bp.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
psgmariner
April 22, 2014, 7:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
That Fulham game was fantastic. I had a restricted view seat in the Upper Findus. I'm usually made up when I get one of those beauties but was rather miffed for that particular game.

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
GyMariner
April 22, 2014, 9:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Having town fans both end would make the world of difference, just shows how much more we go for it with the crowd behind us shooting towards the pontoon end

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
Fcukthescunts
April 22, 2014, 11:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
I have long thought the Osmond part behind goal should be unreserved seating for home fans then if a well followed team came along give it to them. When town are away from home the atmosphere is a lot better as the singers gather together with the occasional singers a bit further away and non vocal support further away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
Abdul19
April 22, 2014, 12:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Yep, stick the away fans in the corner of the Osmond and sell out the home stands (a la Morecambe, 2008 )

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
April 22, 2014, 12:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
I have long thought the Osmond part behind goal should be unreserved seating for home fans then if a well followed team came along give it to them. When town are away from home the atmosphere is a lot better as the singers gather together with the occasional singers a bit further away and non vocal support further away.

I have long thought this too.

Remember about 20 years ago helping to do a survey of Town fans at BP asking if they'd like to swap the home end from
the Pontoon to the Osmond.
Not surprisingly the majority said 'No', but I wonder how many have been singing in the Osmond - the acoustics
are awesome.
Reply: 16 - 60
Rick12
April 22, 2014, 12:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from immariner
There's been a lot said this week about the fans remaining patient, trying to create a positive atmosphere and letting the team play.

Despite what was clearly a nervy performance lacking in quality, it sounds like you stuck with the team throughout!

A real credit. As long as we are still in this, we can do it!
Fans make the club.Personally and Iam not being biased here most fans are a credit to this club.Many of us appreciate hard work and a grafter and Iam sure if players deliver on this front then most fans will be off their back.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
chaos33
April 23, 2014, 7:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Big Chris - would the trust be interested in floating the idea of Town fans using the Osmond if possible for the play off games in discussions with the board? Surely it would give us a potential edge and would be great for our players.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
BIGChris
April 23, 2014, 8:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from chaos33
Big Chris - would the trust be interested in floating the idea of Town fans using the Osmond if possible for the play off games in discussions with the board? Surely it would give us a potential edge and would be great for our players.

Have no problem whatsoever in raising the matter. I suspect that it will be a no if we draw Cambridge or Halifax but more chance if it is Heed or Braintree.

I will ask the question
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You, the fans.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.