3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Belfast Town
April 21, 2014, 9:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 18
Great that none of the teams now are arriving into the play-offs with an unstoppable momentum. It really is a clean slate and all about who can pick themselves up best after a topsy-turvy season. Fitness and mental attitude will be crucial, above all. We can do it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
moosey_club
April 21, 2014, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from marinette
Well I'm definitely getting the tingles now.  (Is that a word?)

if Hegativity is then tingles must be

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
MeanwoodMariner
April 21, 2014, 9:18pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Marinerz93
The clean slate is an excellent idea and a great way for any doubters to get on board.  

I'm getting mixed emotions of nervousness and excitement or is that an emotion all on it's own  

Come on Town, we can do it  

I believe the term is nervitement. I have it too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
April 21, 2014, 9:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris
Agree moosey, it isn't about performances, it's now an even greater results business.

After Braintree we would all take 3 scrappy 1-0 wins wouldn't we?

Would settle for a scrappy 1-0 win and a boring 0-0 draw (in either order),
followed by a thoroughly undeserved and flukey 1-0 win.

As you say, it's now ONLY about the results.

Definitely a tingly feeling!
Reply: 13 - 22
Fcukthescunts
April 21, 2014, 9:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Quoted from moosey_club
Can we all now focus on what has ultimately become a three game season, forget the Braintree game,forget any misdemeanours, issues you may have with players, managers and fellow supporters.
The team have delivered a play off position, not much else was expected by many so they deserve credit for that as for over the course of the season they have proved to be able to take more points on a consistent basis than the majority of teams in the league and rightly stake their place.
They have delivered, we now have to. There are 19 other teams and sets of supporters who would swap places with us right now so can we all approach these potential 3 games with a determined effort to support the team, whoever the manager selects, and give them a good vocal backing.

UTM.

Best post on here in recent weeks. Totally agree. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Marinerz93
April 21, 2014, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from marinette

Know what you mean.  The only way to describe it is 'tingly'.  (Is that a word?)  Didn't get tingly this time last year.

Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I believe the term is nervitement. I have it too.

Glad I'm not the only one marinette and MeanwoodMariner, can we have tingly nervitement  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
April 21, 2014, 10:37pm
Guest User
Today's performance summed up what a poor team we are in a very poor league, we take the urine on here here about pub teams in this league but the Hyde players give pub teams a bad name they we're absolute dog excrement.

Nothing has changed for me we've spluttered into the playoffs without a convincing league win all season This team of Hurst's is the most negative boring town team I've ever seen, he's a stubborn man, he doesn't take responsibilities, he still doesn't know his best team hence the tinkering, and he's still patronising the fans ( today's telegraph). IF we manage a miracle and gain promotion then fair enough Hurst has done his job and I will give him credit for that.

But even IF we get promoted I would still like to see him on his way with his p45 in hand, because with that brand of football in the league would make us look like the pub team, so as for a clean slate well no! not with me I can see what's coming, don't get me wrong I will be there giving my support getting behind the team at both the play off games but I'll be ready for the disappointment because that's what I've got used to following town.
Reply: 16 - 22
davmariner
April 21, 2014, 10:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
The lads have delivered, and now it's time for us to. We can make the difference and be the 12th man. Let's make some noise for the boys!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
brad_gtfc
April 21, 2014, 10:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from 2578
Today's performance summed up what a poor team we are in a very poor league, we take the urine on here here about pub teams in this league but the Hyde players give pub teams a bad name they we're absolute dog excrement.

Nothing has changed for me we've spluttered into the playoffs without a convincing league win all season This team of Hurst's is the most negative boring town team I've ever seen, he's a stubborn man, he doesn't take responsibilities, he still doesn't know his best team hence the tinkering, and he's still patronising the fans ( today's telegraph). IF we manage a miracle and gain promotion then fair enough Hurst has done his job and I will give him credit for that.

But even IF we get promoted I would still like to see him on his way with his p45 in hand, because with that brand of football in the league would make us look like the pub team, so as for a clean slate well no! not with me I can see what's coming, don't get me wrong I will be there giving my support getting behind the team at both the play off games but I'll be ready for the disappointment because that's what I've got used to following town.

I know it's hard, we all do, but please have some faith mate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
FishOutOfWater
April 22, 2014, 12:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from brad_gtfc

I know it's hard, we all do, but please have some faith mate.

Yeah...well said John  Brad  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clean slate...Its now a three game season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.