This thread currently has 852 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
oldun
April 22, 2014, 9:22am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I know it is water under the bridge now, but did anyone else feel there was something not right about him on Monday? He seemed to lack energy, his usual pace was missing, also in the second half he was calling out for water to be sent round to the Findus side, and of course he came off later in the game. I know some have commented that this was tactical by PH, but I just felt all was not well with him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Running like emson
April 22, 2014, 9:44am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
I assumed he was ill. Didn't look like a tactical master stroke for me: replacing a left back who can get forward with a makeshift left back who doesn't ... When you are chasing the game.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
MrsMariner
April 22, 2014, 9:49am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from oldun
I know it is water under the bridge now, but did anyone else feel there was something not right about him on Monday? He seemed to lack energy, his usual pace was missing, also in the second half he was calling out for water to be sent round to the Findus side, and of course he came off later in the game. I know some have commented that this was tactical by PH, but I just felt all was not well with him.

I agree 2nd half he looked scared of the ball didn't want to receive it & when he got it didn't know what to do with it I was relieved when he went off thought it was only a matter of time before he was going to cost us a goal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Geordie Mariner 1980
April 22, 2014, 10:39am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
possibly just a lack of confidence; he's one of the first to get berated when he makes a mistake, and while he has been off form recently I think there's a decent left back there if he had a little more confidence & support from the crowd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
chaos33
April 22, 2014, 10:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Running like emson
I assumed he was ill. Didn't look like a tactical master stroke for me: replacing a left back who can get forward with a makeshift left back who doesn't ... When you are chasing the game.....

I think the opposite of that. I thought it was a good substitution by Hurst and Paddy was able to get forward as much as Thomas did.

I thought Aswad was disappointing and looked very unsettled or unfocused. Perhaps he was ill. There was a moment in the first half when he dithered and then gave the ball away in the attacking third and someone in the main stand shouted 'you useless f***ing d***head', which I thought was deplorable, and, if heard, can't have helped him at all.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
mariner83
April 22, 2014, 10:57am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
It looked like he got one of the ball boys to run round to the bench not long before he was subbed so perhaps he was ill?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad on Monday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.