Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Local Elections and the new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 239 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 34.

Local Elections and the new stadium

This thread currently has 6,292 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Getyourfactsright
May 19, 2014, 6:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from jungleland

This might be wrong but my understanding is that lib dems are against peaks parkway only one ukip candidate  has said he was against it  

The leader of UKIP who spoke on their behalf in a radio debate said the group were against

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
Getyourfactsright
May 19, 2014, 6:09pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from 75
I'm torn between UKIP and Conservative. What is the cons position re the ground? And is UKIP's confirmed as a no?

Thanks BP.

I'm not up for election Stan Shreve is the con candidate. Dare I say it another good guy!!!! Ha ha

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
LH
May 19, 2014, 6:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
When is the Trust planning to publish the stances of the local councillors? Mine is a postal vote so needs to be posted by Wednesday at the very latest.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
grimps
May 19, 2014, 6:42pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Marinerz93
I thought the idea of councillors was to help govern and make their area of responsibility a better and fairer place to live.

Around the ground and Sidney park there is excrement everywhere, whose ward is that to look after.

I laugh in the face of that leaflet, "you can't overestimate the importance of allotments to urban communities, health and well being."  If this is the case councillor De Fritarse, why are the allotments nearly 3/4 empty and why are the allotments in the GY borough one of the most expensive in the country.

Why does the GY council seem hell bent on getting rid of the Club or see it die a slow and lingering death, fcuking {removed insert text here}.

The council have played politics over the stadium for years simply because Fenty is a Tory ,If he had had no political allegiance then the stadium would have been built by now .These male masturbators are playing politics with one of the Towns best assets  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
Getyourfactsright
May 19, 2014, 6:52pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from grimps

The council have played politics over the stadium for years simply because Fenty is a Tory ,If he had had no political allegiance then the stadium would have been built by now .These male masturbators are playing politics with one of the Towns best assets  

For your info. Mr Fenty became a councillor after Great Coates obtained planning permission.

Gimp off
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
grimps
May 19, 2014, 7:02pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

For your info. Mr Fenty became a councillor after Great Coates obtained planning permission.

Gimp off

So what help have the council given since ?
Compared with most other clubs from simular size Towns as us absolutely intercourse all .
Lets get these tossers named and shamed and vote them out.There are 4000 of us that go every week ,plus twice as many that support the club when they can.That should be enough to kick a few where it hurts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
jungleland
May 19, 2014, 7:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

The leader of UKIP who spoke on their behalf in a radio debate said the group were against

Right thanks for that I stand corrected
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
Marinerz93
May 19, 2014, 7:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimps

I believe that JF became a Councillor when it became apparent that the incumbents at the time clearly didn't give a fig or were bending over backwards to help other developments.  Take the development of top town that went through clean as a whistle and no rare animals or over wintering birds in sight.

I firmly believe that GTFC doesn't attract enough revenue for the council for them to care what happens to the club.  You and I know that Bradley pitch development could have been done in conjunction with the club, the fact that the club was snubbed is a clear indication of the councillors stance.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2014, 8:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Abdul19
I'd vote for Stalin if it meant getting back in the league

Unfortunately he supports Dynamo Tblisi - Andrei Defretashvilli is undergoing re-education in a Siberian salt mine.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
moosey_club
May 19, 2014, 8:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Abdul19
I'd vote for Stalin if it meant getting back in the league

At least he had a plan which is more than the normal politician!!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Local Elections and the new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.