Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › From the ridiculous to the sublime..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 302 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 8.

From the ridiculous to the sublime..

This thread currently has 4,204 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
July 18, 2014, 11:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
So from 'hairs on the back of our necks' to a position where we can't agree a fee with someone from Solihull. Rodman prefers Gateshead, Jennings prefers Wrexham and Thanoj prefers Albania - something isn't right when one of the best supported (and allegedly funded) clubs in the Conference can't seem to sign a striker of any description.
Private Message
ginnywings
July 18, 2014, 11:23am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
July 18, 2014, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from MuddyWaters
So from 'hairs on the back of our necks' to a position where we can't agree a fee with someone from Solihull. Rodman prefers Gateshead, Jennings prefers Wrexham and Thanoj prefers Albania - something isn't right when one of the best supported (and allegedly funded) clubs in the Conference can't seem to sign a striker of any description.

Indeed. It makes you wonder what is the point in having a "millionaire owner" if we can't sign a player from Solihull.  
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
Southernboy
July 18, 2014, 11:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
what's the sublime bit?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
northbankmariner
July 18, 2014, 12:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525

Indeed. It makes you wonder what is the point in having a "millionaire owner" if we can't sign a player from Solihull.  

i am not sure we are still interested in bogle. hurst hasnt hinted a deal is still on recently, but i suppose he hasnt denied an interest in him is still either. just wish us fans were a bit more in the know, on way or another.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
LondonMariner43
July 18, 2014, 12:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Maybe Hurst didn't want them or they wanted guaranteed first team football.  I don't think any of these players listed would have been first choice in their position and maybe they will be at these lesser teams.  Some players don't want to battle for a place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
Maringer
July 18, 2014, 12:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Can't we just have one general 'urine and moan' thread somewhere?

Still 3 weeks to the start of the season, so we could do with the arrival of a striker or two during the next 7 days, but is there really any point in starting multiple threads bemoaning the fact we haven't made any recent attacking signings?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
FishOutOfWater
July 18, 2014, 1:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Southernboy
what's the sublime bit?

If we'd experienced the sublime would we all be submariners?  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 26
Getyourfactsright
July 18, 2014, 1:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Would you join a club where the fans run you down. Rodman, Jennings and trialists to name a few when trying to clinch a deal. Sickening!!!!!!! you think its just about money!!!!!!

Have you ever thought the fee is considered too high! suppose the player is signed and then it doesn't work out, who will you blame then when the clubs more in debt.

Wise one I Suppose you have always been positive? I think not!!!!

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
Hagrid
July 18, 2014, 1:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,375
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Would you join a club where the fans run you down. Rodman, Jennings and trialists to name a few when trying to clinch a deal. Sickening!!!!!!! you think its just about money!!!!!!

Have you ever thought the fee is considered too high! suppose the player is signed and then it doesn't work out, who will you blame then when the clubs more in debt.

Wise one I Suppose you have always been positive? I think not!!!!

i take your point mate and respect it, but i think in regards to the trialists, what we have seen shows they just dont seem good enough
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › From the ridiculous to the sublime..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.