9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
July 20, 2014, 9:44pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Have we ever had an American play for us before?

Jake Sagare who played 1 game for us was a Yank.

I also see that Pitman played for England C even though he was born in Oklahoma!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 86
Les Brechin
July 20, 2014, 9:46pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174

I also see that Pitman played for England C even though he was born in Oklahoma.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 86
Belfast Town
July 20, 2014, 10:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Les Brechin

I also see that Pitman played for England C even though he was born in Oklahoma.

Must have a UK passport, otherwise he wouldn't get a visa to play given his/our level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 86
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 20, 2014, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
We've had a few players that were yank!!!

And although gallimore (ditto Newell) wasn't American, he'd sure been in a few states

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 86
moosey_club
July 20, 2014, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Les Brechin

I also see that Pitman played for England C even though he was born in Oklahoma!

There's a song in their somewhere....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 86
July 21, 2014, 12:24am
Guest User
Bit worried about us signing an American. Before you know it we'll have Dolly Parton singing to us in the 'half-time show',
and cheerleaders dancing and cavorting and giving me a semi spoiling the traditional nature of the game here.
Reply: 65 - 86
Abdul19
July 21, 2014, 12:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Belfast Town

Must have a UK passport, otherwise he wouldn't get a visa to play given his/our level.

He was in Villa's setup at 9 so I'm guessing so!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 86
Abdul19
July 21, 2014, 12:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
POB: Oklahoma City, USA
(US passport holder)
DOB: 10.24.86
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 86Kg
Position: left/right wing, striker.
Favoured foot: Left

"Born in Oklahoma City to an airman and a hospital carer, my family moved to England when I was still young. I took part in many sports, but it was football that enthralled me.

Now 27, and into my 20th year playing football, I have garnered some ethics that I expect will serve me perpetually. I started playing like most kids - kicking a ball around with my friends, Before school, at lunch and again when I got home. Eventually I joined my local grass roots team Brackley Athletic, aged seven.

When introduced to the strict and professional nature of Premiership club Aston Villa, I signed a youth contract aged 9. I'm indebted to my family for travelling to Birmingham four times a week to get me to training sessions and matches. It was here I started to learn the importance of diet and nutrition, as well as; time management, self-analysis and team cohesion.

My time at Nottingham Forest aged twelve to twenty, was a poignant period also. Though mindful of the task in hand (that the industry nurtured some 98% of academy players, who don't graduate past their 18th birthday) I left home at sixteen to benefit from a sports scholarship, in pursuit of becoming a Professional. proof of my ability, belief and my persistence lays in the verity that I earned the elusive Professional contract, at one of Europe's most prestigious and respected football clubs, and have gone on to play over 200 games since. Though It hasn't been plain sailing, and many doors have been forced shut in front of me.

A penchant for study, compounded by a union with fantastic resources (and a veracious circle of peers,) has aided my development away from football. However, I'm always keen to connect with new people, shed some light and broaden my rumination.

Feel free to get in touch and Thanks for reading."

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 86
oldun
July 21, 2014, 8:04am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
He will certainly "broaden his rumination" at Grimsby!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 86
forza ivano
July 21, 2014, 8:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Abdul19
POB: Oklahoma City, USA
(US passport holder)
DOB: 10.24.86
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 86Kg
Position: left/right wing, striker.
Favoured foot: Left

"Born in Oklahoma City to an airman and a hospital carer, my family moved to England when I was still young. I took part in many sports, but it was football that enthralled me.

Now 27, and into my 20th year playing football, I have garnered some ethics that I expect will serve me perpetually. I started playing like most kids - kicking a ball around with my friends, Before school, at lunch and again when I got home. Eventually I joined my local grass roots team Brackley Athletic, aged seven.

When introduced to the strict and professional nature of Premiership club Aston Villa, I signed a youth contract aged 9. I'm indebted to my family for travelling to Birmingham four times a week to get me to training sessions and matches. It was here I started to learn the importance of diet and nutrition, as well as; time management, self-analysis and team cohesion.

My time at Nottingham Forest aged twelve to twenty, was a poignant period also. Though mindful of the task in hand (that the industry nurtured some 98% of academy players, who don't graduate past their 18th birthday) I left home at sixteen to benefit from a sports scholarship, in pursuit of becoming a Professional. proof of my ability, belief and my persistence lays in the verity that I earned the elusive Professional contract, at one of Europe's most prestigious and respected football clubs, and have gone on to play over 200 games since. Though It hasn't been plain sailing, and many doors have been forced shut in front of me.

A penchant for study, compounded by a union with fantastic resources (and a veracious circle of peers,) has aided my development away from football. However, I'm always keen to connect with new people, shed some light and broaden my rumination.

Feel free to get in touch and Thanks for reading."

Wow. Deep Shiite man. That last paragraph will resonate with many of our fans.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Summer Signing Number 6

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.