4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
highcliff mariner
July 21, 2014, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from brad_gtfc
Just get him signed, what is 1 pre season game going to tell us about him.

Makes sense to give him a trial surely,i wouldnt buy a car without tying it out first , even a short test drive lol
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
Grimsby2012
July 21, 2014, 6:27pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Yeah it's all way a good idea to test things out first.

I wish i'd tested my Girlfriend out before i went out with her, now i'm stuck with her.

Lesson of the day Children: All ways test the merchandise before committing to the sale.

Wait that sound wrong.....

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
July 21, 2014, 6:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from brad_gtfc

Well he might play cr@p, or rupture something trying too hard to impress, and we'll see if he's still as quick as he was.

Should be playing alongside LJL, though, if we're thinking about signing him.
Reply: 12 - 30
jonnyboy82
July 21, 2014, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from brad_gtfc

well he could play really well score and then we let him go and paul will go on record saying " he played well but hes not quite what im looking for up front, he is just not quick enough" or some b0llocks like that.

then we will snap up ironside and clay up on one year deals.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
chaos33
July 21, 2014, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Lol. Cynicism? Come on in....

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
forza ivano
July 21, 2014, 9:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Having spoken to someone who's played with him over several seasons we could have a real player on our hands.unluckiest player injury wise he's ever played with but equally the quickest players he's played with.good lad as well.if he stays fit he will get you 15 or 20 goals a season was the quote
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
mariner91
July 21, 2014, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,577
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from forza ivano
Having spoken to someone who's played with him over several seasons we could have a real player on our hands.unluckiest player injury wise he's ever played with but equally the quickest players he's played with.good lad as well.if he stays fit he will get you 15 or 20 goals a season was the quote

Good to hear, think we would look genuinely quite exciting going forward if we land him and he's fit. We'd finally have the pace we lacked last year with Arnold, Mackreth and Pittman. Neilson will hopefully start this season fit and be a great option straight away. The pace in our team will mean we're hopefully passing it around further up the pitch and at a quicker tempo to make use of the pace which will make it easier for Disley and Brown (who I reckon will be an upgrade on Kerr by some distance) to find the killer passes and it will mean Hannah is getting more and better service in and around the box. And for all his lack of shooting ability, LJL will come in handy when we need a target man to hold it up and link the play. Still an if I know but if we sign Pittman, I will be looking forward to this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
ginnywings
July 21, 2014, 11:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
My info is that the trial is to prove fitness and not ability, which isn't in question. Will be offered a deal if he is in good nick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
cleefish
July 22, 2014, 6:30am
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
[quote=1847]Just get him signed, what is 1 pre season game going to tell us about him.[/quo
I agree reckon when given the chance tonight he will come through the game with credit myself really looking forward to the season kick off utm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
acko338
July 22, 2014, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Any new striker that can produce a one off season "Connell" type goal scoring run and get us out of this league would be worth every penny spent.

The emphasis looks to be on faster pace & delivery - we also need a quality dead ball player from the group for corners & free kicks, not the rubbish load of lousy service as seen last year.

Hannah will be rid of his offside runs if the through balls are snappy and first time - it's mere feet, not yards, that he gets caught out.

Looking forward to tonight as a real test against higher level opposition.

Can we turn Pittman into our Pitt bull terrier up front to worry the opposition?? Competition for L J-L as target man??

Hopefully good weather and a good turn out ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pittman on trial

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.