Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › ST prices / attendance
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 353 Guests

ST prices / attendance

This thread currently has 2,051 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
GyMariner
July 21, 2014, 6:26pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +681
Gold Stars: 7
"We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income, but what's £2m to us?

In a transfer discussion you argue about the sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everyone. That's the biggest difference between us and England."

Bayern club president, Uli hoeness on the clubs season ticket prices.

Often wonder if town could do something similar to bump attendances and avoid 3/4 of an empty ground week after week.

Logged Offline
Private Message
jaymariner
July 21, 2014, 6:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
I currently can't afford the price of a season ticket at town with me missing too many games with work but if it was £100 to £150ish then I would buy one for definate regardless of how many games I could commit to. Think this would be similar for many fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
grimps
July 21, 2014, 6:56pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
Most of the Premiership clubs could do it without even noticing the pinch , Not sure if we could get away with it though.
I hope that if we ever get a new stadium that the first few seasons something like that could be done , £100 quid for adults and £50 for kids would probably sell us 10000 tickets in a higher division
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
JMT
July 21, 2014, 7:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
But do Bayern really need that extra income they'd profit from? no.

But with us every penny matters, we need it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 21, 2014, 7:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
There are a few issues with reducing the season ticket by say half,

first they would need to sell twice as many to break near even, will we sell 5k plus season tickets, I doubt it,
secondly the admin costs to print and send out that many would cost the club more so again less profit to go the budget
thirdly more fans mean more stewards again that need paying,
Over a certain amount of fans require an ambulance onsite which costs money and lastly more fans also would certainly mean the police would want to attend and they charge an arm and a leg per officer to attend on match days, ( they charge officers at overtime rate and insist we have so many officers when we get over a certain amount of fans)

if we want to be self sufficient and not dependant on JF loans then a realistic ticket price has to be used at both fans can afford but gives the manager some budget as well

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
GyMariner
July 21, 2014, 7:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
But I'm sure a similar thing could be done on a smaller scale, there may be a few problems, but we have so many empty seats that could be filled whilst income isn't affected too much.

It would be a good idea as grimps said if we ever got a new stadium.

I guess it would all depend on if the increased attendance would make up for the reduced pricing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Abdul19
July 21, 2014, 7:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
We had a pay want you want game and the crowd was shit.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
GyMariner
July 21, 2014, 7:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Fair enough, thought it was an interesting statement nevertheless.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
Grantham_Mariner
July 21, 2014, 7:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
The way I see it is if they can sell one for £190 to a 65 year old why can't they sell one for £190 to anyone of any age?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Nelly GTFC
July 21, 2014, 7:24pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
The way I see it is if they can sell one for £190 to a 65 year old why can't they sell one for £190 to anyone of any age?
Whatever happend to equality and diversity?

Age discrimination, not that im bothered like.  I guess the consensus is the majorty of people over the age of 65 are more likely to be unable to afford it because of circumstance?

Just to add, I think they should be cheaper, same goes for kids, otherwise parent's would be reluctant to take them in the first place etc?  It's a sales mind trick, so people think "Wow this is a good deal..."

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
wizbit
July 21, 2014, 7:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +36
Been to ticket office today to renew season ticket and had the same conversation there and was told that there is a thing called zero sales which when explained to me was basiclly regardless of price if you dont want to watch the match you wont come were as those that chose to come will pay the price.
At the end of the day it comes down to disprortionate handling of funds (tv revenue etc)the big clubs getting richer whilst the smaller clubs struggling to survive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
GyMariner
July 21, 2014, 7:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from wizbit
Been to ticket office today to renew season ticket and had the same conversation there and was told that there is a thing called zero sales which when explained to me was basiclly regardless of price if you dont want to watch the match you wont come were as those that chose to come will pay the price.
At the end of the day it comes down to disprortionate handling of funds (tv revenue etc)the big clubs getting richer whilst the smaller clubs struggling to survive

I guess that's right, id pay any amount for my season ticket because I love the club, you could reduce the price but I suppose if people don't want to watch town then they wouldn't come if it was free. Obviously there are other circumstances ie location/affordability. Just a shame to see so many empty seats on a Tuesday night!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 21, 2014, 7:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
I've said about ideas of season ticket reductions for those buying them. It's a very grey area that not everyone will ever agree on. The fan will think too expensive the club too cheap. So why don't the marketing/pr (sic) dept do something that involves going out into the community or actually coming up with ideas???

* if the club gains promotion, season tickets for those buying the first, say 2000 season tickets can have them for the same price (the following season) that they were bought at.

* new season tickets to get a set discount if they can prove that they've been to games the previous season. 1-5 ticket stubs 5% discount 6-10 stubs 10% Etc etc

* season ticket holders competitions. Signed shirts/crossbar challenge etc or for junior Sth chance to become mascot for the day

* loyalty card scheme (nectar card, club card etc) where points can be used against season ticket holders

Just a thought and a few ideas. I know people will never agree, but, just a thought

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Marinerz93
July 21, 2014, 8:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
One of the toughest things to get right, a lot of it depends on how the team performs because a winning team gives you that feeling of value for money.  A competitive budget and acquiring the right players needs to be managed on a multitude of variables.  A season ticket gets you so many games free and I think this is where the club can get it right.  Offer free merchandise for so many wins, so many points or even on how many games over the years some fans make.  Customer loyalty is more or less a given but with a bit of marketing people wouldn't really be talking about ticket prices.  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
immariner
July 21, 2014, 8:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
I've always thought a sliding scale of prices against number sold could work. It relies to a degree on pester power, supporters badgering other supporters to get a season ticket in the hope that it will help reduce the price of theirs.

i.e. Season ticket price is £275 up to 1800 (this doesn't factor in concessions but is just for illustrative purposes) being sold = £475000

2000 sales this is reduced by a tenner to £265 = £530000

2200 sales this is reduced to £250 = £550000

2400 sales (getting unlikely now but possible with a feel good factor) reduced to £233 = £564000

3000 sales, reduced to £199 = £597000
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Caesar
July 21, 2014, 8:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Yeah it is a very tough balance.  I must say I often think conference tickets should be cheaper than they are, but then at the same time I really do not mind paying more as I recognise the club do really need it.  If I was paying the amount fans do for Prem clubs I would feel somewhat cheated but then the small difference for a club like Bayern would be a huge difference to a club like us.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
grimsby pete
July 22, 2014, 7:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I have always thought the season ticket holders should be rewarded ,

One idea might be to let the season ticket holder have a discount for the number of years he/she has held a ST,

One year £20 off,

Two years £30 off,

Three years £40 off,

Four or more years of being a STH £50 OFF,

What do you think ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 22, 2014, 9:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
Even for juniors or just full price adults?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › ST prices / attendance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.