3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
July 22, 2014, 6:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
That says it all,, So mr hurst, you think that we have the best sole striker around, am glad you are not a quality control in a car factory,, Cows behind and a banjo spring to mind,, does chubby brown write for you  
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
July 22, 2014, 7:27pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Source of thread !

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
July 22, 2014, 7:29pm
Guest User
Reply: 2 - 20
gtfc82
July 22, 2014, 7:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Please Mr Hurst DON'T GO THERE!!! IT DOESN'T AND WILL NEVER WORK!!! You will be wasting valuable time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
July 22, 2014, 7:54pm
Guest User
If love us to play a 4-3-3. I understand where he is coming from when he says Lennell is key as he could be the focus of our attacks, that central centre forward in a three has to be strong, able to play with his back to goal and link play.

But I see no way Ross Hannah could play in a three man forward line. The forwards either side if John Lewis would need to defend and make up a five when we don't have the ball, Ross couldn't do that effectively. That said Paddy would perfect in a midfield three as I do think he lacks a bit of physicality at times in the centre.

I think our poor start last season was due to the managers bringing in players to play in a 4-3-3 but when they couldn't make it work it was a case of one or two players being square pegs in round holes.
Reply: 4 - 20
July 22, 2014, 8:03pm
Guest User
Sounds like the rambling a of a mad man he's tried and failed more than once with this formation, we didn't even look like a team last season until fans got on his back and he ditched this 433 formation, and as for the John Lewis quote I can only assume he's shagging him! anyone who as seen him play will know this is utter bollox.
Sack the deluded girl private now otherwise season over before it's even started.
Reply: 5 - 20
July 22, 2014, 8:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578
Sounds like the rambling a of a mad man he's tried and failed more than once with this formation, we didn't even look like a team last season until fans got on his back and he ditched this 433 formation, and as for the John Lewis quote I can only assume he's shagging him! anyone who as seen him play will know this is utter bollox.
Sack the deluded girl private now otherwise season over before it's even started.

Hmmm, excellently put. It's fair to say LJL isn't the greatest finisher in the world but if he could finish then he wouldn't be at Town.
Reply: 6 - 20
July 22, 2014, 8:15pm
Guest User
GET: "The big thing for me is the centre-forward, and in Lenell John-Lewis I don't think you get much better as a sole striker."

Maybe the GET reporter misheard 'anus'?
Reply: 7 - 20
jungleland
July 22, 2014, 8:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
Could be the next fishy sweepstake when will JF finally put poor old Paul hurst out of his misery  am going for early October
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
promotion plaice
July 22, 2014, 8:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from jungleland
Could be the next fishy sweepstake when will JF finally put poor old Paul hurst out of his misery  am going for early October

You are judged by your signings and promises ( I include the manager and the board in this )

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sums it up for me

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.