7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
July 22, 2014, 9:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Well that was quite painful to watch at times, we did improve after half time but in all honesty there is a lot of work for Paul to do and he should start by telling that Craig clay and Joe ironside that there services are no longer required here..

Jesus how have they both managed to get a trial , either they have a great agent or they have some dirty laundry on Paul Hurst.

Aswad was given the run around first half and so was magnay and the midfield was non existent.

Jon Paul pitman showed he clearly has ability and the pace we need and when he did get the ball he was positive which means unfortunatley Paul might ditch him.

Toto and Shaun have a lot of work to do but I think the foundation is there , Nathan Arnold showed some good stuff but to be fair we were outclassed all the way through..

Scotty brown came on and showed he will be a decent player for us, we have the base of a good team this year we just need to up it massively.

Also I didn't see Paul in the dugout only doig tonight ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
oldun
July 22, 2014, 9:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Paul was up in the main stand. Oh and their manager Paul Dickov arrived at half time saying he thought it was a 7.45 kick off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
jonnyboy82
July 22, 2014, 9:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from oldun
Paul was up in the main stand. Oh and their manager Paul Dickov arrived at half time saying he thought it was a 7.45 kick off!

Haha..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
Garth
July 22, 2014, 10:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Well that was quite painful to watch at times, we did improve after half time but in all honesty there is a lot of work for Paul to do and he should start by telling that Craig clay and Joe ironside that there services are no longer required here..

Jesus how have they both managed to get a trial , either they have a great agent or they have some dirty laundry on Paul Hurst.

Aswad was given the run around first half and so was magnay and the midfield was non existent.

Jon Paul pitman showed he clearly has ability and the pace we need and when he did get the ball he was positive which means unfortunatley Paul might ditch him.

Toto and Shaun have a lot of work to do but I think the foundation is there , Nathan Arnold showed some good stuff but to be fair we were outclassed all the way through..

Scotty brown came on and showed he will be a decent player for us, we have the base of a good team this year we just need to up it massively.

Also I didn't see Paul in the dugout only doig tonight ?

Sums it up for me, lets hope it improves Friday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
headingly_mariner
July 22, 2014, 10:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Bit unfair on Ironside, thought he was good, looks like a footballer!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
jonnyboy82
July 22, 2014, 10:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Really ?

He was slow ,didn't win a header and the only reason I remembered him was when I was thinking we have let Andy cook go to possibly bring this lad in.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
Maringer
July 22, 2014, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from jonnyboy82

What an inane comment.

Anyway, otherwise, I think you have to take into account that Donny's No. 10 and No. 11 were both excellent - their best players - so it isn't too surprising that our full-backs struggled, especially as our central midfield might as well have not bothered turning up on that performance.

Ironside looked gangly, clumsy and slow. I'd hope we can do better than him unless he's signed as a cheap 5th choice striker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
Teestogreen
July 22, 2014, 10:08pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Interesting statement H M - I thought that of him at Harrogate (and said so), which allowed LJL to look better. Will be interesting to see what the Grimsby management think.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
maxfox44
July 22, 2014, 10:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Thought Ironsides was pretty poor, but better than offside Hannah.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
brad_gtfc
July 22, 2014, 10:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
I've seen someone say on Twitter they'd sign Clay and Ironside after tonight, are they mad?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.