This thread currently has 716 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
oldun
July 22, 2014, 9:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Well I know results do not count in these sort of games but they were out of site after 30 mins. They did us for pace and movement and clinical finishing against our static defence with no cover from midfield. First half I felt sorry for Paddy who was trying to do the central role on his own. My first view of trialist Clay. Even though he did better in the second half, but why is he still here. Bring back Andy Thanoj. Oh and the 433 was not very effective in the middle of the park. Front 3 were slightly better. Lenny was Lenny and like it or not he will be playing. Second half we did better mostly 442. I thought Pittman showed some of what he can do and looked a bigger threat than Hannah. He is strong and quick and like Liam Hearn looks capable of creating chances for himself. He played an hour and no doubt will play again on Friday. If his fitness is ok would be worth signing. Scott Brown made a difference when he came on and will be vital for us this season. However my star man was Nathan Arnold, looks fit and game ready. He improved as the game went on and looked the most likely to score,unlucky when he chipped the keeper. Young Ironside looked like a poor Andy Cook and if signed will be a makeweight, but not a game changing sub. Jack Macreth played first hour and showed a good turn of pace but he was up against a good fullback who prevented him getting crossed in. Toto looks strong especially in the air and will be fine. Aswad improved in the second half and linked well with Arnold. Neilson came on and played a free role, showed his tricks and had a couple of efforts on goal. So a mixed bag, if Pittman signs we will have some strong forward pacey players. Not sure about the formation and central mid will depend heavily on Brown, Disley and Paddy and we need to get forward quicker. Early days, plenty to ponder and work to do to get the best formation. I have to say I will be disappointed if Paul signs Clay or Ironside there must be better out there, but maybe the budget is tight now. Sorry to be long winded but plenty to consider.
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
July 22, 2014, 9:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Cheers for posting, interesting read.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.