Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 376 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 60,996 views. Print
35 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
kingster72
July 23, 2014, 9:31am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
It is now time for John Fenty to put his money where his mouth is and deliver these signings that are going to make the fans hairs on their necks stand up!  He should never have said this, as it has just fueled disappointment since and taken the excitement felt from 3 decent signings before.  We need to stop messing with the likes of trialists Ironside and Clay, who from what we hear are not going to improve the squad, we need to show are intentions from the off this year and if Fenty can't deliver what he promised, he should just shut his mouth!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Harry Haddock
July 23, 2014, 9:45am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Whats makes you think Fenty is preventing any signings ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 340
Garth
July 23, 2014, 10:04am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from kingster72
It is now time for John Fenty to put his money where his mouth is and deliver these signings that are going to make the fans hairs on their necks stand up!  He should never have said this, as it has just fueled disappointment since and taken the excitement felt from 3 decent signings before.  We need to stop messing with the likes of trialists Ironside and Clay, who from what we hear are not going to improve the squad, we need to show are intentions from the off this year and if Fenty can't deliver what he promised, he should just shut his mouth!

Forget the trialists for now and look at the actual signings made, all good and an improvement on last season IMO all we need now is one or two decent strikers and a settled system, as for JF statements he`s just a fan like us and is entitled to get carried away with it all occasionally, did you put your money where your mouth is last night and attend UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 340
Jarmo.Is.God
July 23, 2014, 10:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Yeah JF !! how can you not have a team good enough to beat a L1 team !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 340
ackomariner
July 23, 2014, 10:10am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Garth

Forget the trialists for now and look at the actual signings made, all good and an improvement on last season IMO all we need now is one or two decent strikers and a settled system, as for JF statements he`s just a fan like us and is entitled to get carried away with it all occasionally, did you put your money where your mouth is last night and attend UTM

But where are one or two decent strikers coming from Garth..? This is what the op is on about.

IMO I'm not bothered about what fenty said or didn't say, but we won't get out of this league with the forwards we've got at present.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 340
Squarkus
July 23, 2014, 10:13am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from kingster72

The quality is better than last year, we have a great nucleus of a team that PH is just putting the final pieces together, have you seen them play yet or are you going on what you have read on here, Fenty has yet again put his money where his mouth is as we have a better budget than last year, PH thankfully is not in a rush to get players in that don’t fit into his plans hence why he has given the trialists a really good bash at it, to me i think PH with his bigger budget personally will get it right as previously we have bought players in on a panic basis and got it wrong, smaller squad better quality, so why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and get to the club and support the team (as opposed to what you hear) and stop giving Fenty some Sh-t for something he has said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 340
mariner91
July 23, 2014, 10:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from ackomariner

But where are one or two decent strikers coming from Garth..? This is what the op is on about.

IMO I'm not bothered about what fenty said or didn't say, but we won't get out of this league with the forwards we've got at present.

There's still time before the start of the season. I seem to remember we signed Lump quite late in pre season.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 340
Harry Haddock
July 23, 2014, 10:21am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ackomariner

There's plenty of time yet, we don't HAVE to sign them before the first game.
Providing Pittman puts in another good performance, he'll probably be the first of the 2

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 340
July 23, 2014, 10:21am
Guest User
Quoted from kingster72

He never did say this - he was misquoted.

Quoted from ackomariner

Pittman and Bogle.
Reply: 8 - 340
Garth
July 23, 2014, 10:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from ackomariner

I`m no expert but I thought I saw one last night in Pittman, why we are not in for Bogel (sp) I don`t know but he seems to have all the credentials, John Fenty has always backed the manager financially in players that they have wanted,  and in the situation we are in at the moment with five decent signings behind us IMO he would not welch on going the extra mile to secure someone suitable if Paul Hurst so decided,
We need another pacey striker with goal scoring history now, as was evident last night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 340
35 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.