Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 198 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,208 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ackomariner
July 23, 2014, 10:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3

Pittman and Bogle.[/quote]

That will do me just fine

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 340
arryarryarry
July 23, 2014, 10:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Squarkus

The quality is better than last year, we have a great nucleus of a team that PH is just putting the final pieces together, have you seen them play yet or are you going on what you have read on here, Fenty has yet again put his money where his mouth is as we have a better budget than last year, PH thankfully is not in a rush to get players in that don’t fit into his plans hence why he has given the trialists a really good bash at it, to me i think PH with his bigger budget personally will get it right as previously we have bought players in on a panic basis and got it wrong, smaller squad better quality, so why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and get to the club and support the team (as opposed to what you hear) and stop giving Fenty some Sh-t for something he has said.

Not sure how anyone can say this until we have played a number of league games, on the showings so far I would have to say I don't see any real improvement and I have seen every game but I really want to see how well we do in the league.

Really? have you any figures to back that statement up?

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 340
mariner91
July 23, 2014, 10:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not sure how anyone can say this until we have played a number of league games, on the showings so far I would have to say I don't see any real improvement and I have seen every game but I really want to see how well we do in the league.

Really? have you any figures to back that statement up?

Brown is an improvement on Kerr surely? And I'd rather have Arnold and Mackreth than Rodman and Colbeck?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 340
Quagmire
July 23, 2014, 11:04am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from 137

He never did say this - he was misquoted.

He claimed he was misquoted ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 340
July 23, 2014, 11:12am
Guest User
Quoted from Quagmire
He claimed he was misquoted ...

Well even if he wasn't misquoted, what's he guilty of...
raising fans expectations...selling more season tickets...doing the best he can for the club?

Ain't that part of his job?
Reply: 14 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 23, 2014, 11:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
Not JF biggest fan but I think the panic and hysteria from some is laughable, still 2 weeks till the season starts and haven't played our strongest team once yet. No one can be sure how we will fair this season but I'm fairly confident of top 5 again and I reckon we need to give them at least 10 games before we panic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 340
rancido
July 23, 2014, 11:13am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from kingster72
It is now time for John Fenty to put his money where his mouth is and deliver these signings that are going to make the fans hairs on their necks stand up!  He should never have said this, as it has just fueled disappointment since and taken the excitement felt from 3 decent signings before.  We need to stop messing with the likes of trialists Ironside and Clay, who from what we hear are not going to improve the squad, we need to show are intentions from the off this year and if Fenty can't deliver what he promised, he should just shut his mouth!

It seems to me that JF is always "putting his money where his mouth is" by constantly bankrolling the club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 340
DocTower
July 23, 2014, 11:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Yeah JF !! how can you not have a team good enough to beat a L1 team !

Difficult to judge on last nights performance , a mish mash of possibles and probables .  Doncaster were light years better than us , league football is different to conference . It was a disappointing performance from us never gave doncaster a problem .
Hope Friday will give us a better idea of what we will be watching from town this season .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 340
DocTower
July 23, 2014, 11:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Yeah JF !! how can you not have a team good enough to beat a L1 team !

Difficult to judge on last nights performance , a mish mash of possibles and probables .  Doncaster were light years better than us , league football is different to conference . It was a disappointing performance from us never gave doncaster a problem .
Hope Friday will give us a better idea of what we will be watching from town this season .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 340
oldun
July 23, 2014, 11:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
My understanding is that this year's budget is down a little on last year's. JF indicated that this would be the case at a fans forum, but still competitive for our league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 340
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.