Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 114 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,267 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
July 27, 2014, 1:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
Seems I've missed a lot by not reading this thread from the start.

Nice to see JF giving yet another superb lesson in club PR again. I'd love us to be able to have a thread dedicated to putting all our questions that John could perhaps answer, could be interesting (or a total flipping disaster)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 340
Meza
July 27, 2014, 1:18pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Green27

The first was Furneaux. The second was both Doug Everritt and Bryan Huxford who cruelly ousted Bill Carr in that season, two people who are astonishingly always omitted from the intercourse up this club is currently in. Those two have a lot to answer for about the clubs predicament they also sacked Buckley from his second spell after a 1-1 with Portsmouth the second game in to the season! A gaggle of sharp objects those two.

Oh thats shocking.  I was 16 when I started going to town games during buckleys first reign.   But couldn't remember boardroom antics back then it didn't interest me as you can imagine.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 340
Garth
July 27, 2014, 1:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from grimsby pete

As far as my memory tells me ( it's not as good as it use to be ) it lasted for a season,

There were lots of complaints and we were reinstated to our home The Ponny  

Hated it, and would not like to see it again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 340
lew chaterleys lover
July 27, 2014, 1:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
People in public positions surely accept they might pick up some criticism when things  under their charge go badly. Likewise they'll receive plaudits when things go well. Mr Fenty accepted being hoisted on fans shoulders at Bournemouth when we stayed up so he should accept some criticism as we start a fifth season in the Conference. I'd suggest the vast majority of criticism isn't personal but about how the club, which he heads, have performed. If I said I'd been into a Tesco's and thought it was crap, who thinks the CEO of Tesco would personally tell me to 'Gimp off'?

Read back through what we know are his posts and some of them are extremely confrontational. Is this the best way for him to deal with fans of the club? I accept he shouldn't have to tolerate personal abuse of him or his family or libellous comments but surely that's what the moderation of this board is for. How many posts of that nature are there anyway? This forum is no worse than any other clubs, in fact I'd suspect that in its current form it's better than most. How many other Chairman do you think are squabbling with fans?

I really do think, going forward that when comments annoy him, in the press, on the radio or on here, that the best thing he could do is take a deep breath and be the bigger man, because stuff like this thread are hardly becoming of a man of his age and in his position.

Well put.

I think that we should reflect that the only "highlight" of Getyourfactsright time in charge is to avoid getting relegated to non league that day at Bournemouth.

I was shocked then that he thought it worthy of being carried shoulder high, instead of apologising for letting it get to that stage.

To add insult to injury he learned nothing from that experience and we know what happened next.

IF it is Mr.Fenty on here, I would suggest coming back when he has the slightest bit of success to his name whether it be on field, off field, the new stadium, a striker or two that we paid a bit for and not have our bid described as derisory.

You have the hopes and dreams of many Grimbarians and future fans in your hands, so it would be nice if you could show some humility, accept the responsibility lies with you and do something about it.
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 340
grimsby pete
July 27, 2014, 3:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'm pretty sure it was for two seasons Pete

85-86 for sure because that was the season when we played Arsenal at home in the cup, a game that certainly sticks in the mind and then we were also in that end for the last game of the season where we beat Norwich with Gordon Hobson scoring against the then champions of the 2nd division

Then the following season although I was living away then and didn't get to too many games I remember being in the Osmond drawing at home to Leeds and also losing at home to Birmingham

Wonder if being at that end of the ground had anything to do with us getting relegated at the end of that season....on second thoughts maybe not.

I think it was all down to Mike Lyons running us aground - JF was blameless back then  

You are probably right Tim, I can remember being in the Osmond for those games,

It's all coming back to me now.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 340
Teestogreen
July 27, 2014, 5:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'm pretty sure it was for two seasons Pete

85-86 for sure because that was the season when we played Arsenal at home in the cup, a game that certainly sticks in the mind and then we were also in that end for the last game of the season where we beat Norwich with Gordon Hobson scoring against the then champions of the 2nd division

Then the following season although I was living away then and didn't get to too many games I remember being in the Osmond drawing at home to Leeds and also losing at home to Birmingham

Wonder if being at that end of the ground had anything to do with us getting relegated at the end of that season....on second thoughts maybe not.

I think it was all down to Mike Lyons running us aground - JF was blameless back then  

Norwich were class that season, and that was a great end to the season for us - Gordon Hobson was also a class act that game and deserved his goal ' at the Pontoon end', I remember, before being signed by Southampton I think. After that, it's been downhill 'in terms of divisional status' up to the present day.

Also, on the theme of this thread, I'm not quite sure how Town have ended up in the Conference League (for the last 5 years) but 'the fact' is this is where we are.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 340
Sigone
July 27, 2014, 7:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Green27

The first was Furneaux. The second was both Doug Everritt and Bryan Huxford who cruelly ousted Bill Carr in that season, two people who are astonishingly always omitted from the intercourse up this club is currently in. Those two have a lot to answer for about the clubs predicament they also sacked Buckley from his second spell after a 1-1 with Portsmouth the second game in to the season! A gaggle of sharp objects those two.

Great post  
I remember the club paying massive sums of money to players on loan who couldn't give 2 hoots about GTFC.  Left when we down, left us with no sell on value and very few players.  L.L can take some blame too, the loans were his idea.  The reported 12k + family put up and regular flights back to China that a certain player cost us, also cost us our best player (one of the best we've ever had) in Peter Handyside.  Rated over 1 mil at the time left at the end of his contract cos he couldn't get a game here...Applause for L.L please.  The sacking of A.B was quite frankly embarrassing and made us the laughing stock of football. Even the mention of Huxford makes my blood boil and how he gets away scot free(RATS leaving the sinking ship) is beyond me.  I dont blame J.F, take a look at how far Pompey and Leeds have fallen because of mis-management by a previous board, both far bigger clubs than us with much greater resources to bounce back.  Huxford you will never be forgiven....not by me at least
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 340
grimsby pete
July 27, 2014, 7:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Sigone

Great post  
I remember the club paying massive sums of money to players on loan who couldn't give 2 hoots about GTFC.  Left when we down, left us with no sell on value and very few players.  L.L can take some blame too, the loans were his idea.  The reported 12k + family put up and regular flights back to China that a certain player cost us, also cost us our best player (one of the best we've ever had) in Peter Handyside.  Rated over 1 mil at the time left at the end of his contract cos he couldn't get a game here...Applause for L.L please.  The sacking of A.B was quite frankly embarrassing and made us the laughing stock of football. Even the mention of Huxford makes my blood boil and how he gets away scot free(RATS leaving the sinking ship) is beyond me.  I dont blame J.F, take a look at how far Pompey and Leeds have fallen because of mis-management by a previous board, both far bigger clubs than us with much greater resources to bounce back.  Huxford you will never be forgiven....not by me at least

We paid a Chinese gent £13,000 per week for 3 months,

That's £169,000 , what we could do with that sort of money today.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 340
Rodley Mariner
July 27, 2014, 7:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from grimsby pete

We paid a Chinese gent £13,000 per week for 3 months,

That's £169,000 , what we could do with that sort of money today.

Just think of the calibre of striker who'd be turning us down because they don't want to live in Grimsby and people had written mean things on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 340
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 27, 2014, 7:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
The osmond, IMHO, would need revamping if it was to house more than 200 supporters week in week out. It makes logical sense to move the away supporter (   ) into the corner of the main/osmond

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.