Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 345 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,269 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 23, 2014, 5:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Mariner21
Put his money where his mouth is????

I presume you mean loan us the money then put it where his mouth is.

This is no different to any other football club, If you are not happy why don't you offer to give the club all your savings,
Not as a loan either as you obviously don't agree with that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 340
Green27
July 23, 2014, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
John Fenty's problem was never that he closed his cheque book. He was probably to loose with it. His problem was he helped spend the money and chose those who also did. It was kind of like watching a drunk man in front of ebay.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 340
TAGG
July 23, 2014, 6:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Squarkus

The quality is better than last year, we have a great nucleus of a team that PH is just putting the final pieces together, have you seen them play yet or are you going on what you have read on here, Fenty has yet again put his money where his mouth is as we have a better budget than last year, PH thankfully is not in a rush to get players in that don’t fit into his plans hence why he has given the trialists a really good bash at it, to me i think PH with his bigger budget personally will get it right as previously we have bought players in on a panic basis and got it wrong, smaller squad better quality, so why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and get to the club and support the team (as opposed to what you hear) and stop giving Fenty some Sh-t for something he has said.

I think you will have to hang about a bit to see if the quality is better than last season. Not seen any of the new guys play for us yet but on paper(IMO) only Brown brings anything better. The new defenders will have go some to better Big Mac.
Other teams I expect to be up there with us have mostly got there players in and some are top quality. If these guys on trial don't work out Ph will be bringing in players on a panic basis because the new season will be on top of us. Why not give Fenty sh1t for something he says?? The bloke should learn to keep his mouth shut instead of spouting crap ever time he opens it.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 340
chaos33
July 23, 2014, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from oldun
My understanding is that this year's budget is down a little on last year's. JF indicated that this would be the case at a fans forum, but still competitive for our league.

Yes indeed the budget for this season has been reduced. It's not for me to say by how much.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 340
rancido
July 23, 2014, 8:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
[quote=932]
I think you will have to hang about a bit to see if the quality is better than last season. Not seen any of the new guys play for us yet but on paper(IMO) only Brown brings anything better. The new defenders will have go some to better Big Mac.
Other teams I expect to be up there with us have mostly got there players in and some are top quality. If these guys on trial don't work out Ph will be bringing in players on a panic basis because the new season will be on top of us. Why not give Fenty sh1t for something he says?? The bloke should learn to keep his mouth shut instead of spouting crap ever time he opens it. [/quote]

Just like a lot of posters on The New Fishy

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 340
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 23, 2014, 8:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from rancido
[quote=932]
Other teams I expect to be up there with us have mostly got there players in and some are top quality. If these guys on trial don't work out Ph will be bringing in players on a panic basis because the new season will be on top of us. Why not give Fenty sh1t for something he says?? The bloke should learn to keep his mouth shut instead of spouting crap ever time he opens it. [/quote]

Just like a lot of posters on The New Fishy

No Fishy users can say what they want when they want, Only the person who owns the club is not allowed to show any passion or have any say
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 340
arryarryarry
July 23, 2014, 8:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TAGG

Other teams I expect to be up there with us have mostly got there players in and some are top quality. If these guys on trial don't work out Ph will be bringing in players on a panic basis because the new season will be on top of us. Why not give Fenty sh1t for something he says?? The bloke should learn to keep his mouth shut instead of spouting crap ever time he opens it.

Just what I keep saying, lets wait until the season is well under way before some on here cream their pants at a.n.other signing.

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 340
TAGG
July 23, 2014, 9:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

No Fishy users can say what they want when they want, Only the person who owns the club is not allowed to show any passion or have any say

There is a vast difference between a fishy poster giving his OPINION (sh1t or not) and the top man spouting excrement (as he has done on many occasions) as a statement of FACT to con more people to buy Season tickets.
I know he says he's been misquoted. He would say that wouldn't he.
Far to many bottom lickers on here me thinks.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 340
nightrider
July 23, 2014, 9:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Big Mac?? He was appalling in preseason. I remember watching us lose to grantham and wondering how he was a footballer.
He came good but we got about a dozen good games from him. He had afew great games but wasn't consistant enough

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 23, 2014, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from TAGG

There is a vast difference between a fishy poster giving his OPINION (sh1t or not) and the top man spouting excrement (as he has done on many occasions) as a statement of FACT to con more people to buy Season tickets.
I know he says he's been misquoted. He would say that wouldn't he.
Far to many bottom lickers on here me thinks.

Could have put it more politely but not more accurately. I've started to track respective league positions now compared to 10 years ago and am struggling to find any club that has dropped further down the league ladder than we have under Mr Fenty's stewardship.

I'll get lots of negatives but frankly I don't give a toss - this regime has taken GTFC to a new low and is loaded with debt.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 340
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.