Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 60,997 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
brad_gtfc
July 23, 2014, 10:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from acko338
If we start losing matches in the league from the off, then people have every right to moan.

This is a time of assessment and trials of systems, players, fitness levels and avoidance of early injuries pre-season.

If you want the falsehood of 12 - 1 wins against lower opposition, and then getting surprised by teams like Braintree on their home grounds on a wet Tuesday evening, then let's not prepare at all, and just expect that we have the ultimate right to go up as champions !!

On paper at least, the team signings look to have yet again strengthened from the last squad, adding more raw pace.

Still looking for a couple of vital additions (within whatever budget has been set) and then looking at making team performances count once the season starts.

Doncaster work for me as opponents, as the game will get rid of any star egos, having faced better quality ruthless opposition.

A better "out of the blocks" performance against Mansfield could give a better indication of how we are doing, especially for the defense against Liam.

Those who are not up to full fitness need to have full run outs, to keep them heading towards league fitness levels, but we don't want any injuries to those who are replacing banned players in the early games. Whoever is going to be the starting pair of centre halves need to have playing time together so they know their own areas of responsibility at the back, with McKeown knowing what to expect of them.

Results?? - I don't give a damn until the first league game !

Exactly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 340
Youngy
July 23, 2014, 10:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Could have put it more politely but not more accurately. I've started to track respective league positions now compared to 10 years ago and am struggling to find any club that has dropped further down the league ladder than we have under Mr Fenty's stewardship.

I'll get lots of negatives but frankly I don't give a toss - this regime has taken GTFC to a new low and is loaded with debt.

Believe me, the club is in a FAR better financial position then we was on the year of the ITV digital collapse and before Fenty took over.

We don't have a £750k tax bill and players being paid nearly £10 grand per week for a start. People don't realise how close we were to the brink and what a bad financial state we were in before Fenty took over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 340
Nelly GTFC
July 23, 2014, 10:32pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Would love to know how much Solihull Moors FC are holding out for Omar Bogle, even if it's 30K by the end of the season if he scores 20+ goals, he will probally be worth a good 150K+

I don't know why we dont invest in players who we can sell for a profit in the future, it's worked for other clubs.

As I mentioned in another topic, we lost 300K on Michael Reddy because we didn't sell him, and Hearn for 100K+ due to injuries later on, we was no better off for keeping them.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 23, 2014, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Youngy

Believe me, the club is in a FAR better financial position then we was on the year of the ITV digital collapse and before Fenty took over.

We don't have a £750k tax bill and players being paid nearly £10 grand per week for a start. People don't realise how close we were to the brink and what a bad financial state we were in before Fenty took over.

Really? Examine the clubs balance sheet and you will see how much the club owes John Fenty and how much it owes the bank and then ask yourself why no-one wants to take the club on.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 340
Stevie Saunders
July 23, 2014, 10:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Jesus - it's only July 23 and we are already dredging up all the old chestnuts
I recall seeing GTFC drawing 1-1 with Leeds in a friendly, having played really well, me walking away from BP thinking we were going to have a cracking season...and we were relegated to non league

We are a non league club, with limited cash, no extra financial backers and not exactly the sexiest 'pull' for a number of players.

Proof of the pudding will be 12 games in to new season... if we are in the sh*te I'll doff my hat to the naysayers... until that point we all need to relax and get a grip on reality

In Hurst we trust to spend 'Fenty's cash' wisely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 340
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 23, 2014, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Could have put it more politely but not more accurately. I've started to track respective league positions now compared to 10 years ago and am struggling to find any club that has dropped further down the league ladder than we have under Mr Fenty's stewardship.

I'll get lots of negatives but frankly I don't give a toss - this regime has taken GTFC to a new low and is loaded with debt.

2003 season we was relegated as you like to point out at every opportunity, also in that league that year was Luton  who dropped quicker than us in to none league, Wrexham and Stockport (what league are they in now ?)

Fact is Fenty took over that year after we where already relegated , took on a mountain of dept created by the previous board and had to pay of previous Directors loans that came to over 2 mil,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 340
July 23, 2014, 11:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Really? Examine the clubs balance sheet and you will see how much the club owes John Fenty and how much it owes the bank and then ask yourself why no-one wants to take the club on.

7 hours before kick off v donny you wrote a reasoned post about not caring about how fast we start the season as long as we finish it well and go up. A post many would agree with. A realistic post- especially when trying to get new players to gel and/or try a new system- it may take a bit of time, and as you said it doesn't matter as long as it gets sorted and we march up the league to promotion.

We then lose the pre season friendly with a team that have never played together, against far superior opposition- and you fall to pieces... Since then you have accused our manager of being clueless, and that he lacks any passion. You then start laying into john Lewis and Hannah already (talk about not giving them any time to get match fit/sharp!!) and we have absolutely no chance of going up.

You have already decided that next season is going to be exactly the same as last season.  You even bring out the fenty is the devil and along with our inept management why we won't go up this season before it has even started! and now you are bringing out the 10 year demise of Grimsby town fc story. Shame you missed off the 'shouldn't of let cook go' argument, or the 'hurst only plays his favourites' line!

I have a bit of advice for you cos I think I will be reading the same stuff from you after every loss this season and it will get very tedious ................ Stop catastrophising!

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/04/01/building-your-resilinecy-part-vi-quit-catastrophizing/
Reply: 46 - 340
Biccys
July 23, 2014, 11:29pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
GrimRob, can we change the code so we can add more than one tick to a post....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 23, 2014, 11:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Youngy

Well that's nonsense!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 24, 2014, 7:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from 3610

7 hours before kick off v donny you wrote a reasoned post about not caring about how fast we start the season as long as we finish it well and go up. A post many would agree with. A realistic post- especially when trying to get new players to gel and/or try a new system- it may take a bit of time, and as you said it doesn't matter as long as it gets sorted and we march up the league to promotion.

We then lose the pre season friendly with a team that have never played together, against far superior opposition- and you fall to pieces... Since then you have accused our manager of being clueless, and that he lacks any passion. You then start laying into john Lewis and Hannah already (talk about not giving them any time to get match fit/sharp!!) and we have absolutely no chance of going up.

You have already decided that next season is going to be exactly the same as last season.  You even bring out the fenty is the devil and along with our inept management why we won't go up this season before it has even started! and now you are bringing out the 10 year demise of Grimsby town fc story. Shame you missed off the 'shouldn't of let cook go' argument, or the 'hurst only plays his favourites' line!

I have a bit of advice for you cos I think I will be reading the same stuff from you after every loss this season and it will get very tedious ................ Stop catastrophising!

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/04/01/building-your-resilinecy-part-vi-quit-catastrophizing/

How very patronising!

What happens on the pitch is relevant to what happens off the pitch and vice versa. Both the last two seasons have promised much then petered out, which, I grant you is better than other seasons previous. But whichever way you dress it up the club WE support is still in its lowest league position ever and loaded with debt.

I pray that the tide comes in soon and the football gods turn in our favour but under our current manager and with our current strike force I just don't see it, do you?
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 340
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.