This thread currently has 8,399 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Fcukthescunts
July 23, 2014, 5:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Having seen Ironside now involved in 4 pre season Friendlies I would expect him to be offered a contract be it a month to month or 6 month, not saying I think this is right or not. Clay I believe we will not pursue as for start of season without anymore signings we have 3 centre midfield to fit in two spots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
Cayman_mariner
July 23, 2014, 9:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from RoboCod
Why the red ticks? That's a decent summary from what I've read and heard. I'd say Pittman will be the best bet here, and I agree about taking these other two on for development, let's start doing that when we're in the League.

Maybe the two ticks are from Clay and Ironside(s)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
LongEatonMariner
July 23, 2014, 10:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Oldun, it wasn't  me. I agree with your views here even though some might consider me a rose tinted spectacle wearing t0sser
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
Tommy
July 23, 2014, 10:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Clay is not for me but it think there is a footballer in Ironside, I don't get the comparison with Cook, Cook's link up play was poor, his strength was finishing, this lad may bring others into play.

I agree with this.

Ironside is the kind of striker Buckley would love in a side of his. Back to goal, play it in to him, control, hold, lay off to advancing winger or midfield runner. Looks to have a football brain, and can control the ball and link it better than Cook and LJL.

If the budget allows, I would sign Pittman (who can also play wide), Ironside (to compete with LJL as hold-up man) and still another striker. The other striker being someone likely to get 25 goals.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
arryarryarry
July 23, 2014, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
Oldun, it wasn't  me. I agree with your views here even though some might consider me a rose tinted spectacle wearing t0sser

You must have been in the "Woods will keep us up" brigade.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
Teestogreen
July 23, 2014, 10:43pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Tommy

I agree with this.

Ironside is the kind of striker Buckley would love in a side of his. Back to goal, play it in to him, control, hold, lay off to advancing winger or midfield runner. Looks to have a football brain, and can control the ball and link it better than Cook and LJL.

If the budget allows, I would sign Pittman (who can also play wide), Ironside (to compete with LJL as hold-up man) and still another striker. The other striker being someone likely to get 25 goals.

Excellent opinions on Ironside (what is there to lose) - not seen Pitman but trust the views of the astute fans who have.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
oldun
July 24, 2014, 11:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

Cheers Longeaton, but it really does not matter at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
Garth
July 24, 2014, 12:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Tommy

I agree with this.

I agree with all of that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
oldun
July 24, 2014, 4:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Garth

I agree with all of that

I have a feeling you might get your wish with Ironside but I for one will be disappointed. Pitman could be different class and keep Hannah out of the team if fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 24, 2014, 4:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Couple of newbies maybe???? Or same old same old for tomorrow night?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › trialists

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.