Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not a lot but 4k towards a striker
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 278 Guests

Not a lot but 4k towards a striker

This thread currently has 12,352 views. Print
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
July 26, 2014, 5:57pm
Guest User
Spoken to my mate today, a top lad, who has been a Town fan forever and a day like me. We agreed we would put a few quid in as JF obviously has done, out pockets are nowhere near as deep as the majority shareholder but we want to do what we can to get us back into the football league as we are sick to death of this. I'll put my small amount of money where my fat mouth is.

We will put £4000 between us towards a striker that can strike, via share purchase or similar if that can't be done. Anyone that wants to help out, let's get us out of this league and do it together............

UTM.
ackomariner
July 26, 2014, 6:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
You need somewhere for fans to send money to via PayPal etc....but 4k between two of you, well done

I would gladly donate some money

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 111
promotion plaice
July 26, 2014, 6:05pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Respect

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 111
July 26, 2014, 6:14pm
Guest User
Full respect to you. I know town fans do there bit already but that amount of money could go a long way. If 1200 people donated 5 pound then we would raise £6000 between the fans which could go a long way on top of that £4000.
Reply: 3 - 111
moosey_club
July 26, 2014, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Sunstroke??

For your 4k do you want a say in who it is?
What if you dont like who they buy..or he doesnt score? Will you want your money back?

JF has already stated the money is there for a striker...and other players as well so why do you feel it is upto you, us, the fans to have a further whipround?

By all means put money into the club if you want to but i dont think it would be possible to say...heres 4 k but you must spend it towards a striker.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 111
promotion plaice

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from 75
Spoken to my mate today, a top lad, BlundellUK who has been a Town fan forever and a day like me. We agreed we would put a few quid in as JF obviously has done, out pockets are nowhere near as deep as the majority shareholder but we want to do what we can to get us back into the football league as we are sick to death of this. I'll put my small amount of money where my fat mouth is.

We will put £4000 between us towards a striker that can strike. Anyone that wants to help out, let's get us out of this league and do it together............

UTM.

if another 100 people would put in £20 count me in.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 111
Guest User
Omar Bogle? Or the lads we have on trial? 4k says Bogle.
Reply: 6 - 111
LH
July 26, 2014, 6:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,458
Gold Stars: 172
I would stick £20 in if others will.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 111
sutton mariner
July 26, 2014, 6:33pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
£10 from me

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 111
July 26, 2014, 6:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club
Sunstroke??

For your 4k do you want a say in who it is?
What if you dont like who they buy..or he doesnt score? Will you want your money back?

JF has already stated the money is there for a striker...and other players as well so why do you feel it is upto you, us, the fans to have a further whipround?

By all means put money into the club if you want to but i dont think it would be possible to say...heres 4 k but you must spend it towards a striker.

Course, I've e-mailed John, had to miss a bit out for what I imagine are legal reasons:

Hi John, hope you are well.

If you'll see my post on the fishy, It's true. Not a huge amount but it's the best we can manage between us. Appreciate you have whacked so much money in. I would love to sign Omar Bogle, admiditely I haven't scouted him, you no doubt have done but me and my mate will put 4k in, not a lot I know but to us, it is. I want us back in the league, as you do and I'm prepered to put my small amount of money where my mouth is!!

We are Town, thank you for you support and your money. *number emailed to John* if you need confirmation. My 2k, no worries! let's get us in the league eh mate?!

Jason
Reply: 9 - 111
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not a lot but 4k towards a striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.