Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from sutton mariner
£10 from me

I will chip in with another tenner,

How do I send it ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 111
July 26, 2014, 6:42pm
Guest User
What was the rumoured fee that Solihull wanted and what was the rumoured fee we offered?
Reply: 11 - 111
July 26, 2014, 6:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete

I will chip in with another tenner,

How do I send it ?

Nothing to chip in Pete. I just want a striker that can strike and I'm prepared to pay for one. I'm not too chuffed at the moment with the lads we have on trial, as they don't score goals from what I can see. I'm sure they are fine lads, and I wish them the best in their careers but I'm hoping my 2k can help us sign players we want instead of players we can afford.

Appreciate it's a tiny amount, but it's all I can do and I love my club. I'm not looking for likes or shite, just all I can do before I die and we are a Conference club. UTM.
Reply: 12 - 111
moosey_club
July 26, 2014, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from 75

Course, I've e-mailed John, had to miss a bit out for what I imagine are legal reasons:

Hi John, hope you are well.

If you'll see my post on the fishy, It's true. Not a huge amount but it's the best we can manage between us. Appreciate you have whacked so much money in. I would love to sign Omar Bogle, admiditely I haven't scouted him, you no doubt have done but me and my mate will put 4k in, not a lot I know but to us, it is. I want us back in the league, as you do and I'm prepered to put my small amount of money where my mouth is!!

We are Town, thank you for you support and your money. *number emailed to John* if you need confirmation. My 2k, no worries! let's get us in the league eh mate?!
Jason

So you are being specific thats its actually to be used for Bogle? A player that we have no idea if he actually wants to come here and a player that you and probably nobody else frequenting this board or B.P has actually seen play a football match?
Whip rounds/supporter action generally work when its a player we know, have seen the value of and more importantly want, ie with Joe Waters, Ivano.

Donating significant individual amounts of money to the club is honorable but in this manner seems a little misguided. Why not just buy 4K of advertising space for the season and slap your fish round details on it or have an executive box? 4k will still go to the club budget which achieves the same thing.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 111
promotion plaice
July 26, 2014, 6:54pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from moosey_club

So you are being specific thats its actually to be used for Bogle? A player that we have no idea if he actually wants to come here and a player that you and probably nobody else frequenting this board or B.P has actually seen play a football match?
Whip rounds/supporter action generally work when its a player we know, have seen the value of and more importantly want, ie with Joe Waters, Ivano.

Donating significant individual amounts of money to the club is honorable but in this manner seems a little misguided. Why not just buy 4K of advertising space for the season and slap your fish round details on it or have an executive box? 4k will still go to the club budget which achieves the same thing.

your in for a tenner then

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 111
jonnyboy82
July 26, 2014, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Telegraph headlines Monday

"Fishy poster funds ironside deal"

In all seriousness respect, if this gets the go ahead let's get together and put in no matter how big or small.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 111
July 26, 2014, 6:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club

No, but I'd like a striker that has a proven strike rate, we've seen more than enough that haven't and dont. My business is a one man band, I see no reason to advertise at GTFC as my small business is in the midlands. I'm really not looking for an argument, or a pat on the head. I just want to do what I can. Let's all pull together, and get us back into the football league.
Reply: 16 - 111
moosey_club
July 26, 2014, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

your in for a tenner then

i am a lifelong supporter, the club is deeply entwined in my heart and soul but......i am not the chairman, i am not on the board, i am not responsible for the budget setting or expenditure of the club and have zero influence on how the club is run or how much money we really have to spend. Therefore beyond my merchandise purchases, ticket purchases and matchday expenses the club gets nowt else.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 111
promotion plaice
July 26, 2014, 7:07pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from moosey_club

i am a lifelong supporter, the club is deeply entwined in my heart and soul but......i am not the chairman, i am not on the board, i am not responsible for the budget setting or expenditure of the club and have zero influence on how the club is run or how much money we really have to spend. Therefore beyond my merchandise purchases, ticket purchases and matchday expenses the club gets nowt else.

fair comment but i'm still in for £20

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 111
moosey_club
July 26, 2014, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75

No, but I'd like a striker that has a proven strike rate, we've seen more than enough that haven't and dont. My business is a one man band, I see no reason to advertise at GTFC as my small business is in the midlands. I'm really not looking for an argument, or a pat on the head. I just want to do what I can. Let's all pull together, and get us back into the football league.

No argument B.P, your choice, just seems strange to offer a fighting fund to the club when J.F was only quoted this week as saying money isnt an issue.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not a lot but 4k towards a striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.