Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not a lot but 4k towards a striker
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 136 Guests

Not a lot but 4k towards a striker

This thread currently has 12,377 views. Print
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
July 26, 2014, 5:57pm
Guest User
Spoken to my mate today, a top lad, who has been a Town fan forever and a day like me. We agreed we would put a few quid in as JF obviously has done, out pockets are nowhere near as deep as the majority shareholder but we want to do what we can to get us back into the football league as we are sick to death of this. I'll put my small amount of money where my fat mouth is.

We will put £4000 between us towards a striker that can strike, via share purchase or similar if that can't be done. Anyone that wants to help out, let's get us out of this league and do it together............

UTM.
ackomariner
July 26, 2014, 6:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
You need somewhere for fans to send money to via PayPal etc....but 4k between two of you, well done

I would gladly donate some money

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 111
promotion plaice
July 26, 2014, 6:05pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Respect

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 111
July 26, 2014, 6:14pm
Guest User
Full respect to you. I know town fans do there bit already but that amount of money could go a long way. If 1200 people donated 5 pound then we would raise £6000 between the fans which could go a long way on top of that £4000.
Reply: 3 - 111
moosey_club
July 26, 2014, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Sunstroke??

For your 4k do you want a say in who it is?
What if you dont like who they buy..or he doesnt score? Will you want your money back?

JF has already stated the money is there for a striker...and other players as well so why do you feel it is upto you, us, the fans to have a further whipround?

By all means put money into the club if you want to but i dont think it would be possible to say...heres 4 k but you must spend it towards a striker.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 111
promotion plaice

Quoted from 75
Spoken to my mate today, a top lad, BlundellUK who has been a Town fan forever and a day like me. We agreed we would put a few quid in as JF obviously has done, out pockets are nowhere near as deep as the majority shareholder but we want to do what we can to get us back into the football league as we are sick to death of this. I'll put my small amount of money where my fat mouth is.

We will put £4000 between us towards a striker that can strike. Anyone that wants to help out, let's get us out of this league and do it together............

UTM.

if another 100 people would put in £20 count me in.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 111
Guest User
Omar Bogle? Or the lads we have on trial? 4k says Bogle.
Reply: 6 - 111
LH
July 26, 2014, 6:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
I would stick £20 in if others will.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 111
sutton mariner
July 26, 2014, 6:33pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
£10 from me

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 111
July 26, 2014, 6:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club
Sunstroke??

For your 4k do you want a say in who it is?
What if you dont like who they buy..or he doesnt score? Will you want your money back?

JF has already stated the money is there for a striker...and other players as well so why do you feel it is upto you, us, the fans to have a further whipround?

By all means put money into the club if you want to but i dont think it would be possible to say...heres 4 k but you must spend it towards a striker.

Course, I've e-mailed John, had to miss a bit out for what I imagine are legal reasons:

Hi John, hope you are well.

If you'll see my post on the fishy, It's true. Not a huge amount but it's the best we can manage between us. Appreciate you have whacked so much money in. I would love to sign Omar Bogle, admiditely I haven't scouted him, you no doubt have done but me and my mate will put 4k in, not a lot I know but to us, it is. I want us back in the league, as you do and I'm prepered to put my small amount of money where my mouth is!!

We are Town, thank you for you support and your money. *number emailed to John* if you need confirmation. My 2k, no worries! let's get us in the league eh mate?!

Jason
Reply: 9 - 111
grimsby pete
July 26, 2014, 6:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from sutton mariner
£10 from me

I will chip in with another tenner,

How do I send it ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 111
July 26, 2014, 6:42pm
Guest User
What was the rumoured fee that Solihull wanted and what was the rumoured fee we offered?
Reply: 11 - 111
July 26, 2014, 6:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete

I will chip in with another tenner,

How do I send it ?

Nothing to chip in Pete. I just want a striker that can strike and I'm prepared to pay for one. I'm not too chuffed at the moment with the lads we have on trial, as they don't score goals from what I can see. I'm sure they are fine lads, and I wish them the best in their careers but I'm hoping my 2k can help us sign players we want instead of players we can afford.

Appreciate it's a tiny amount, but it's all I can do and I love my club. I'm not looking for likes or shite, just all I can do before I die and we are a Conference club. UTM.
Reply: 12 - 111
moosey_club
July 26, 2014, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75

Course, I've e-mailed John, had to miss a bit out for what I imagine are legal reasons:

Hi John, hope you are well.

If you'll see my post on the fishy, It's true. Not a huge amount but it's the best we can manage between us. Appreciate you have whacked so much money in. I would love to sign Omar Bogle, admiditely I haven't scouted him, you no doubt have done but me and my mate will put 4k in, not a lot I know but to us, it is. I want us back in the league, as you do and I'm prepered to put my small amount of money where my mouth is!!

We are Town, thank you for you support and your money. *number emailed to John* if you need confirmation. My 2k, no worries! let's get us in the league eh mate?!
Jason

So you are being specific thats its actually to be used for Bogle? A player that we have no idea if he actually wants to come here and a player that you and probably nobody else frequenting this board or B.P has actually seen play a football match?
Whip rounds/supporter action generally work when its a player we know, have seen the value of and more importantly want, ie with Joe Waters, Ivano.

Donating significant individual amounts of money to the club is honorable but in this manner seems a little misguided. Why not just buy 4K of advertising space for the season and slap your fish round details on it or have an executive box? 4k will still go to the club budget which achieves the same thing.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 111
promotion plaice
July 26, 2014, 6:54pm

Quoted from moosey_club

So you are being specific thats its actually to be used for Bogle? A player that we have no idea if he actually wants to come here and a player that you and probably nobody else frequenting this board or B.P has actually seen play a football match?
Whip rounds/supporter action generally work when its a player we know, have seen the value of and more importantly want, ie with Joe Waters, Ivano.

Donating significant individual amounts of money to the club is honorable but in this manner seems a little misguided. Why not just buy 4K of advertising space for the season and slap your fish round details on it or have an executive box? 4k will still go to the club budget which achieves the same thing.

your in for a tenner then

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 111
jonnyboy82
July 26, 2014, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Telegraph headlines Monday

"Fishy poster funds ironside deal"

In all seriousness respect, if this gets the go ahead let's get together and put in no matter how big or small.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 111
July 26, 2014, 6:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club

No, but I'd like a striker that has a proven strike rate, we've seen more than enough that haven't and dont. My business is a one man band, I see no reason to advertise at GTFC as my small business is in the midlands. I'm really not looking for an argument, or a pat on the head. I just want to do what I can. Let's all pull together, and get us back into the football league.
Reply: 16 - 111
moosey_club
July 26, 2014, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

your in for a tenner then

i am a lifelong supporter, the club is deeply entwined in my heart and soul but......i am not the chairman, i am not on the board, i am not responsible for the budget setting or expenditure of the club and have zero influence on how the club is run or how much money we really have to spend. Therefore beyond my merchandise purchases, ticket purchases and matchday expenses the club gets nowt else.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 111
promotion plaice
July 26, 2014, 7:07pm

Quoted from moosey_club

i am a lifelong supporter, the club is deeply entwined in my heart and soul but......i am not the chairman, i am not on the board, i am not responsible for the budget setting or expenditure of the club and have zero influence on how the club is run or how much money we really have to spend. Therefore beyond my merchandise purchases, ticket purchases and matchday expenses the club gets nowt else.

fair comment but i'm still in for £20

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 111
moosey_club
July 26, 2014, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75

No, but I'd like a striker that has a proven strike rate, we've seen more than enough that haven't and dont. My business is a one man band, I see no reason to advertise at GTFC as my small business is in the midlands. I'm really not looking for an argument, or a pat on the head. I just want to do what I can. Let's all pull together, and get us back into the football league.

No argument B.P, your choice, just seems strange to offer a fighting fund to the club when J.F was only quoted this week as saying money isnt an issue.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 111
promotion plaice
July 26, 2014, 7:12pm

Quoted from moosey_club

No argument B.P, your choice, just seems strange to offer a fighting fund to the club when J.F was only quoted this week as saying money isnt an issue.  

we can all talk the talk
lets start walking the walk

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 111
grimsby pete
July 26, 2014, 7:12pm

Exile
Quoted from moosey_club

Every body has a price Moosey,

Maybe John will go that step further if fans give him the extra required.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 111
Les Brechin
July 26, 2014, 7:14pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from moosey_club

True, maybe we'd be better off raising money so that we can move the whole Town to somewhere between Birmingham and Manchester!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 111
July 26, 2014, 7:16pm
Guest User
Don't really agree with this it shouldn't be up to the fans, we've been paying nou camp stadium prices to watch dog excrement football for the past ten years, but in this case anything that can increase the budget to help get this striker and get us out this league I'm in, because let's face it without one we are going nowhere fast.
Get this organised then and tell me where to send?
Reply: 23 - 111
ackomariner
July 26, 2014, 7:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Got to be an issue, the playing budget was cut again this season and as Pete says, everyone's got a price

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 111
July 26, 2014, 7:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club

I reckon it's always an issue. I've spoken to JF on a few occasions, I like the bloke but at the end of the day his board appointed Graham Rodger, then in my opinion made Russell Slade jump though hoops before appointing Neil Woods who with his record should never have been given the job.

But I'll do what I can. And I will do what I can as I love the club.
Reply: 25 - 111
moosey_club
July 26, 2014, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

True, maybe we'd be better off raising money so that we can move the whole Town to somewhere between Birmingham and Manchester!  

The Midland Mariners  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 111
promotion plaice
July 26, 2014, 7:23pm

Quoted from Les Brechin

lets up anchor and float the uk into the mediterranean with grimsby just off barcelona .
I know, we would have to put it upside down.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 111
acko338
July 26, 2014, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
The problem with Bogle is he doesn't want to move here!!

Hasn't it been said that geography of where we are stopped 2 deals from going ahead??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 111
July 26, 2014, 8:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from acko338

Hasn't it been said that geography of where we are stopped 2 deals from going ahead??

Or perhaps not paying their petrol?
Reply: 29 - 111
grimsby pete
July 26, 2014, 8:09pm

Exile
Quoted from acko338

Four grand might just be his tipping point.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 111
FishOutOfWater
July 26, 2014, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 75
Spoken to my mate today, a top lad, BlundellUK who has been a Town fan forever and a day like me. We agreed we would put a few quid in as JF obviously has done, out pockets are nowhere near as deep as the majority shareholder but we want to do what we can to get us back into the football league as we are sick to death of this. I'll put my small amount of money where my fat mouth is.

We will put £4000 between us towards a striker that can strike. Anyone that wants to help out, let's get us out of this league and do it together............

UTM.

Not just a grand gesture but a four grand gesture

Good on you Vicar!  When the collection plate is passed around I hope I have few quid spare to add to the fund

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 111
chaos33
July 26, 2014, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from acko338

Brilliant isn't it. There's ambition for you. Much rather stick with err...Solihull boys brigade under 15's or whoever they are. Beautiful part of the world too. How could anyone leave that behind? Jeez, Solihull makes Cleethorpes look like Cannes!  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 111
Rodley Mariner
July 26, 2014, 9:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Solihull's a nice town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 111
headingly_mariner
July 26, 2014, 9:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
I think you should put it in as benign loans, just in case the club makes any money and you can get it back. In all seriousness it's a top gesture!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 111
bobbyturtle
July 26, 2014, 9:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
don't dispute the good intentions, but would it be a good regarding the squad and wage levels? also JF has said that the money is there,
so is PH still waiting for someone in particular?

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 111
northbankmariner
July 26, 2014, 9:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Very generous gesture indeed, if a fund was set up it would be nice to see how much could be raised, anything would help the club I am sure and massive respect for you doing all you can to help town right now.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 111
craigy
July 26, 2014, 10:12pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
Very nice gesture indeed. could do a running total of how much money we actually raise and set a goal to achieve maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 111
ackomariner
July 26, 2014, 10:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from craigy
Very nice gesture indeed. could do a running total of how much money we actually raise and set a goal to achieve maybe?

Like blue peter  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 111
Mariner21
July 26, 2014, 10:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
I'd chip in for an attacking coach as well.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 111
Nelly GTFC
July 26, 2014, 10:29pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
I would chip in as well, I reckon with enough effort we could raise maybe 10k if it had some impetus...

Regarding Omar Bogle, the status was...
Quoted from Grimsby Telegraph | 24th July 2014
The search for a new striker continues, however, after moves for Omar Bogle and Connor Jennings failed to reap rewards.

Speaking yesterday, Fenty was quick to stress that money was not the stumbling block in either case – and he insists that Town's budget can withstand up to three more additions.

"I've been very happy with the additional players that we've brought in," he told the Telegraph.

"We're content with where we are – we've lost out on a couple of players for one reason or another, which has been disappointing, but that wasn't due to financial restraints.

"None of those were financial – it was more to do with location."
Link >> [url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-cash-pot-players-says-John-Fenty/story-21753631-detail/story.html]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-cash-pot-players-says-John-Fenty/story-21753631-detail/story.html[/url]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 111
chaos33
July 26, 2014, 10:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Solihull's a nice town.

Nice?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 111
MuddyWaters
July 26, 2014, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Nice gesture but if we have a competitive budget and 'money isn't the issue' then it should be knocked back.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 111
Rodley Mariner
July 26, 2014, 10:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Nice?

Yes. Affluent, attractive part of the country. Doesn't sound like it would be but it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 111
MuddyWaters
July 26, 2014, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235

Yes. Affluent, attractive part of the country. Doesn't sound like it would be but it is.

You're spot on, sounds like a dump but makes Grimsby look like Goole!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 111
chaos33
July 26, 2014, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Maybe I've spent too much time in truly beautiful parts of the country then. Mind you, I was in Malham, Hetton, Cracoe in the Yorkshire Dales today. I found Solihull to be unremarkable, and Grimsby, on the other hand,  is much 'nicer' than it is often declared.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 111
Rodley Mariner
July 26, 2014, 11:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
Maybe I've spent too much time in truly beautiful parts of the country then. Mind you, I was in Malham, Hetton, Cracoe in the Yorkshire Dales today. I found Solihull to be unremarkable, and Grimsby, on the other hand,  is much 'nicer' than it is often declared.

I spend lots of time in the Dales as well and it is beautiful, which incidentally I never claimed Solihull was. Nor did I say anything bad about Grimsby. I tend to be in Solihull occasionally with work and have found it to be a pleasant town.

Congratulations on the division of your time between truly beautiful locations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 111
chaos33
July 26, 2014, 11:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Jeez, relax man. Why are you going all defensive, and making snotty comments? Does it really matter? Nobody is getting at you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 111
Rodley Mariner
July 26, 2014, 11:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Didn't intend to sound defensive - whether Solihull is nice or not is hardly 'Where do you stand on Gaza'? is it? As I said I love the Dales as well. Was camping for a week near Muker recently when the Tour de France passed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 111
bobbyturtle
July 26, 2014, 11:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
ffs

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 111
GTFCNiles
July 27, 2014, 7:30am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +42
Gold Stars: 6
Is it possible to do a kick starter for this? Would be a first on there!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 111
GTFCNiles
July 27, 2014, 7:57am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +42
Gold Stars: 6
Ha I was in Settle last week which is right next to Malham
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 111
July 27, 2014, 9:19am
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I think you should put it in as benign loans, just in case the club makes any money and you can get it back. In all seriousness it's a top gesture!

After receiving advice from a couple of people, I'll look to put the cash in as a loan or as shares.
Reply: 52 - 111
wembley_double98
July 27, 2014, 9:56am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +154
I would love the club to be back playing in the football league, if not for me but for my 15 year old son whom is an avid
Town fan, remarkable really as we live in Northamptonshire and he has never lived in Gy!
I would certainly be prepared to put into the clubs coffers as we cannot attend as many games as desired.
Respect to you Vicar!

UTM

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 111
Caesar
July 27, 2014, 10:06am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Top respect to you Vicar.

If everyone was kicking in a few quid  ala our signing of Bonetti I would certainly contribute a little bit.  As an exile I tend to go to more away games than home so don't feel I contribute enough to our coffers at the minute.  

When players are saying they don't want to come to Town because of the location I want them to be aware of stuff like this.  Town fans so desperate for the club to have success they are willing to just donate their own money, the only recompense being seeing a successful team.  If that cannot motivate them to come and play their hearts out then I don't know what will.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 111
Mariner21
July 27, 2014, 10:43am
Table Wine Drinker
You'd think being this far north and on a road to nowhere us fans actually have some money!!!

At the end of the day if a player doesn't want to come here then he's not a player for us!  Jf says money is not an issue.  Okay then John of course it's an issue ffs it it isn't why aren't we raiding Yorkshire clubs etc with money being the incentive??
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 111
grimsby pete
July 27, 2014, 11:07am

Exile
Quoted from chaos33

Grimsby does have a bad name maybe its the constant GRIM IN GRIMSBY headlines,

There are some rough area's but most towns have them,

I live in a lovely part of Suffolk just outside of beautiful Bury St Edmunds and I would not like to live any where else,

BUT

There are some very nice parts of Grimsby/Cleethorpes as well as some lovely villages close by to live,

So for a player to say the location is the reason they do not want to play for us,

Tells me they are lacking in something, they do not have to spend the rest of their lives in the area,

Just a few years to the advancement of their career .

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 11:10am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Mariner21
You'd think being this far north and on a road to nowhere us fans actually have some money!!!

At the end of the day if a player doesn't want to come here then he's not a player for us!  Jf says money is not an issue.  Okay then John of course it's an issue ffs it it isn't why aren't we raiding Yorkshire clubs etc with money being the incentive??

Thats a question for the players that dont want to uproot or travel surely.  There is only so much GTFC can do.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 111
Mariner21
July 27, 2014, 11:13am
Table Wine Drinker
That is true mez and I have no doubt the club is being sold correctly to players.

I just can't understand "money is no issue"  quote  when we lose x amount every year
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 111
Grimal
July 27, 2014, 11:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Meza

Thats a question for the players that dont want to uproot or travel surely.  There is only so much GTFC can do.

I can't speak for the rest on here but if I was a footballer at this level and had the choice of living in a 4 bed luxury house around the Grimsby area or in a two up two down in some back street in the suburbs of say Manchester, Birmingham or London, I know which I would choose. I would imagine either a mortgage or rent would be about the same in comparison and the cost of living is far lower in this area. If they didn't particularly like this area of beautiful Lincolnshire(in my eyes) they could move back to the bright city lights when they have completed their contracts, no big deal.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 12:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
I guess some players just dont like change even if its beautiful Lincolnshire.   We must get this 20+ goal scorer its vital to our promotion chance and thats not being disrespectful to Hannah or LJL.   Im sure there are strikers in the bsn or bss that we can attract.  Getting a league striker will be difficult we would probably be their last resort even though we are bigger than some clubs in league 2.  The other risk is whether these lower non league players can make the step up.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 111
Marinerz93
July 27, 2014, 12:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75

After receiving advice from a couple of people, I'll look to put the cash in as a loan or as shares.

Not more benign loans  , maybe buy the shares for yourself or donate them to the trust if that's allowed  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 111
July 27, 2014, 12:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

Not more benign loans  , maybe buy the shares for yourself or donate them to the trust if that's allowed  

Ha, yes something like that. Will see what we can do though if want this money to go into the striker fund only.
Reply: 62 - 111
RoboCod
July 27, 2014, 12:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
This location thing that seems to have sprouted up is barmy. There's no end of nice places to live in this area, and as we spent so much of the last 30 odd years flying high in the higher divisions signing all manner of great players who moved to the area I can't see how this is now a problem, especially as the problem is blindingly obvious...we're in the shitty Conference.
I have no doubt, in my personal view, that we will need to stump up some considerable cash to get the goal scorer to win us those vital games we've constantly let slip in recent seasons. Have we got/did we have the cash to wrestle Bogle/Williamson away? Will the old 'GTFC made an offer that was considered derisory' story pop up, as it seems to almost annually in the GET in 6 months time? Are we considered such a big fish in a small pond that these smaller clubs just want to fleece us ?

I don't know, but I do know location would not/should not enter into it when we deal professionally with a player, offer a proper fee and show the location to them as we used to to such fantastic effect not so long ago.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 12:57pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
This location thing that seems to have sprouted up is barmy. There's no end of nice places to live in this area, and as we spent so much of the last 30 odd years flying high in the higher divisions signing all manner of great players who moved to the area I can't see how this is now a problem, especially as the problem is blindingly obvious...we're in the shitty Conference.
I have no doubt, in my personal view, that we will need to stump up some considerable cash to get the goal scorer to win us those vital games we've constantly let slip in recent seasons. Have we got/did we have the cash to wrestle Bogle/Williamson away? Will the old 'GTFC made an offer that was considered derisory' story pop up, as it seems to almost annually in the GET in 6 months time? Are we considered such a big fish in a small pond that these smaller clubs just want to fleece us ?

I don't know, but I do know location would not/should not enter into it when we deal professionally with a player, offer a proper fee and show the location to them as we used to to such fantastic effect not so long ago.

Until benefit street was aired lol

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 111
Nelly GTFC
July 27, 2014, 1:01pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
It was mentioned a few months ago about  discussions of shares being made available to purchase.
Quoted from Grimsby Telegraph | 9th May 2014
Grimsby Town looking at selling shares to boost club's transfer budget

GRIMSBY Town fans could be given the opportunity to boost the club's summer transfer coffers.

Selling shares to supporters is just one of the initiatives being discussed at boardroom level as the Mariners prepare for next season's assault on the Conference.

The club are exploring ways of bolstering next season's playing budget which, as reported, will be lower than that of this campaign.

The details of the initiative have not yet been finalised, but John Fenty told the Telegraph that it would give Town more clout when recruiting new players.

He explained: "There's been a suggestion from one of the board members that we might seek to sell shares in order to top up the playing budget.

"It is seen of a way of raising funds to add to what we do know will be a slightly reduced playing budget from last season.

"There's no doubt that in the last few seasons, the size of the playing budget has played a large part in determining which clubs have been promoted – you can argue it goes hand in glove."

Town are expected to release their retained list of players imminently, with attentions quickly turning to the hunt for new recruits.

And Fenty said the scheme could enable Hurst to be more expansive in that search.

He continued: "Often, if you ask a manager where he's expecting to finish a season, he'll say; 'show me the budget and I'll tell you where we'll finish'.

"I know it's not exactly like that and it's a lot more scientific, but that does often allow a manager to plan for the coming season.

"It's an initiative that has been suggested by one of the board members and one that we'll look to roll out in the near future.

"You hope that it would be very successful because it would enable us to strengthen the budget further, which I'm sure the manager would take great glee in.

"Let's hope the opportunity realises some success because there's no doubt that most clubs that have enjoyed success have enjoyed the bigger budgets."

Keep reading your Grimsby Telegraph for updates on the scheme as they are revealed.
Link >>  [url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-looking-selling-shares-boost-club-s/story-21078892-detail/story.html]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-looking-selling-shares-boost-club-s/story-21078892-detail/story.html[/url]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 111
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 27, 2014, 1:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
If its been mentioned prior, I apologise for saying it again.

The player/s do NOT have to live IN Grimsby or Cleethorpes. All they have to do is commute, as am sure many players actually do, for training and matches (home). So what's the problem? I still think there is probably underlying sh1t stirring doing the rounds amongst other clubs about Grimsby Town. As a manager once said "if you don't f@cking like it, don't come". So, to all those players that DON'T want to play for town, fu(k you. You stay where you are, and we will, i am sure, do fine without you.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 111
Maringer
July 27, 2014, 1:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Location isn't just about having somewhere nice to live, it's having things around to do.

Young footballers are invariably going to want to live in or near a major city for the nightlife and social opportunities that a relatively small, impoverished town just can't offer. It's no surprise that some of our players tend to keep themselves based in Sheffield/Notts/Hull(!) and then commute over here so I think our location does affect our 'pulling power' and is an important factor to consider.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 111
LH
July 27, 2014, 2:28pm

Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Maringer
Location isn't just about having somewhere nice to live, it's having things around to do.

Young footballers are invariably going to want to live in or near a major city for the nightlife and social opportunities that a relatively small, impoverished town just can't offer. It's no surprise that some of our players tend to keep themselves based in Sheffield/Notts/Hull(!) and then commute over here so I think our location does affect our 'pulling power' and is an important factor to consider.

Exactly. Footballers aren't interested in picturesque scenery.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 111
Rodley Mariner
July 27, 2014, 2:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
It might be about having to move full stop, regardless of where to and we have a relatively small catchment area of players within an hours commute compared to say Kiddy or Luton. If you had a young family would you want to uproot them, move schools, wife has to give up her job etc for a one year contract? It can look like a lack of ambition but players will have families to consider.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 111
grimsby pete
July 27, 2014, 2:41pm

Exile
Quoted from Maringer

When we took students in they all commented how great the nightlife was in Cleethorpes/ Grimsby,

That was in the 1980's, has the nightlife gone down now ?

One was from Sheffield another from Swansea,

On the other hand we never had any trouble getting senior pro's to come here,

Whymark, Birtles, Futcher, Webb,Todd, Beasant, Nichol and Bonnetti to mention just a few

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 3:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
I remember working in harlow Hertfordshire and when they asked where I was from they would say Grimsby been to Cleethorpes many times cracking night out.  I thought really. Lol

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 111
Maringer
July 27, 2014, 3:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I don't think it's nearly as good as it once was - just too many bars these days so everything is less 'concentrated' and the night tends to get spread out too much.

Nightlife was great in the 1990s and the earlier 2000s (friends from elsewhere agreed), but I think the change to late night opening pretty much everywhere has made things a bit worse. Or perhaps I'm just getting older and more miserable!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 3:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I don't think it's nearly as good as it once was - just too many bars these days so everything is less 'concentrated' and the night tends to get spread out too much.

Nightlife was great in the 1990s and the earlier 2000s (friends from elsewhere agreed), but I think the change to late night opening pretty much everywhere has made things a bit worse. Or perhaps I'm just getting older and more miserable!

That was my era....dancing on the dance floor to rhythm is a dancer lol.  And trying to act 25 to get in park lane.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 111
Grimal
July 27, 2014, 3:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Meza
I remember working in harlow Hertfordshire and when they asked where I was from they would say Grimsby been to Cleethorpes many times cracking night out.  I thought really. Lol

Meza,I always thought Harlow was in Essex,but could be wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 3:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Oh it is my bad lol I get confused lol

but yeah your right.

We also use to work around the areas like Saffron Walden, Royston Bishop Stortford and Sawbridgeworth where David Beckham owned a huge mansion.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 111
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 27, 2014, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Geez I've been for a Night out in Stevenage with my brother!! Meggies pi55es all over it

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 3:51pm

Special Brew Drinker
Only found one good night club in Bishop Stortford and it was called H20 pretty good tbh.  But nothing beats Meggies.  

Pier39
Park Lane
JD's
The Dolphin
The Vic

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 111
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 27, 2014, 4:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Russell's
Carosel and dollie
Origanal barci, waves and sub
Schuberts

And what was the bloody name of the one above big smiths?!?!

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 4:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Dapperz I think I installed some electrics when it reopened

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 111
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 27, 2014, 4:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Yeah, dapperz. Cheers  mate

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 111
Badger57
July 27, 2014, 5:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Meza
Dapperz I think I installed some electrics when it reopened

We used to call it, "Pamperz" on account of it being mainly inhabited with, most probably, underage drinkers!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 5:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Badger57

We used to call it, "Pamperz" on account of it being mainly inhabited with, most probably, underage drinkers!  

Haha I use to attend the odd Wednesday at the winter gardens when I was 18 for a bit of smash a gran lol  

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 111
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 27, 2014, 5:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Badger57

Diamond white heaven

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 111
Maringer
July 27, 2014, 6:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Blastaways at JDs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 111
July 27, 2014, 6:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer
Blastaways at JDs?

My head hurts just thinking about them. Happy days!
Reply: 85 - 111
cmackenzie4
July 27, 2014, 7:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Meza
Only found one good night club in Bishop Stortford and it was called H20 pretty good tbh.  But nothing beats Meggies.  

Pier39
Park Lane
JD's
The Dolphin
The Vic

Brings back memories that list, had some cracking nights in the late 80s early 90s, Plymouth was a good night out but nothing beats the old meggies!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 7:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Brings back memories that list, had some cracking nights in the late 80s early 90s, Plymouth was a good night out but nothing beats the old meggies!

i did go in town, in many of the pubs, lloyds, Baker St etc but found it too rough for my liking lol so i remained a meggies boy....after all i was born in meggies (croft baker)

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 111
promotion plaice
July 27, 2014, 7:36pm

Quoted from Maringer

show these players a video of the cleethorpes festival of flight, national scooter rally, cleethorpes carnival and many more sunny days on cleethorpes beach,  sheffield/notts/hull your having a giraffe.
i originally come from hull and wouldn't swap cleethorpes for the world.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 111
Rodley Mariner
July 27, 2014, 7:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
If Omar Bogle knew about the National Scooter Rally he'd be here in a flash  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 111
Abdul19
July 27, 2014, 7:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215

That did actually make me laugh audibly (someone should think of a snappier way of writing that phrase)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 111
promotion plaice
July 27, 2014, 7:44pm

on his lambretta don't you know.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 111
chaos33
July 27, 2014, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
In his parka

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 111
northbankmariner
July 27, 2014, 7:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
That would make him the. "Ace Face" we have been after then.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 111
chaos33
July 27, 2014, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
These posts should be in the 'Who are you?' Thread!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 111
promotion plaice
July 27, 2014, 7:53pm

Quoted from chaos33
In his parka

at least a parker would return to bp. (get it )

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 111
grimsby pete
July 27, 2014, 7:59pm

Exile
He could be on his way here on his scooter,

That's why it has taken him so long to arrive.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 111
promotion plaice
July 27, 2014, 8:03pm

Quoted from grimsby pete

it's that type that you push along with one foot.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 111
Sigone
July 27, 2014, 8:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
What about showing him those fine looking ladies that parade the riby square area?  Could this change his mind?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 111
immariner
July 27, 2014, 9:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
The best thing anyone can do to help raise funds for the club is to try and persuade lapsed fans to start attending games. We have a catchment area of approximately 200,000 people plus shed loads of exiles and spent so much time in the 2nd tier. We should be getting more than 3,400 home fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 111
ackomariner
July 27, 2014, 9:48pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from immariner
The best thing anyone can do to help raise funds for the club is to try and persuade lapsed fans to start attending games. We have a catchment area of approximately 200,000 people plus shed loads of exiles and spent so much time in the 2nd tier. We should be getting more than 3,400 hone fans.

People refuse to pay £18 to watch conference football

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 111
TAGG
July 27, 2014, 9:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Russell's
Carosel and dollie
Origanal barci, waves and sub
Schuberts

And what was the bloody name of the one above big smiths?!?!

Sands.
Bunny's Friday night Sands Saturday night great days  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 111
July 27, 2014, 10:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from ackomariner

People refuse to pay £18 to watch conference football

Remind me what was the excuse when we played league football?
Reply: 102 - 111
ackomariner
July 27, 2014, 10:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from 2578

Don't know really, can you shed any light on the reason why.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 111
grimsby pete
July 27, 2014, 10:38pm

Exile
Quoted from 2578

People refused to pay 1s-6 p ( that's 9p in todays money ) to watch div 4 football.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 111
Meza
July 27, 2014, 10:58pm

Special Brew Drinker

My brother takes part in that listening to the who and quadrophenia lol

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 111
codcheeky
July 27, 2014, 10:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
It`s the councils fault for allowing the winter gardens to be pulled down, if the bags ball was still going from there omar and the rest would be here like a shot, it`s no coincidence that our fortunes have nosedived since it closed
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 111
Grimal
July 27, 2014, 11:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Meza

Pier39
Park Lane
JD's
The Dolphin
The Vic

Is that the night club in Bishop Stortford that served only water.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 111
Grimal
July 27, 2014, 11:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Meza

Haha I use to attend the odd Wednesday at the winter gardens when I was 18 for a bit of [/b]smash a gran [b]lol  

Bloody hell thats a bit violent Meza,we used to go just to grab one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 111
Grimal
July 27, 2014, 11:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Especially if it's a lambretta,he would have to stop in every layby on route to clean the spark plug.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 111
Garth
July 28, 2014, 10:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26

I`d treat him to a black and white Davey Crockett hat made from skunk skin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 111
KingstonMariner
July 28, 2014, 7:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TAGG

Sands.
Bunny's Friday night Sands Saturday night great days  

Now you're talking! The Sands always seemed to have great "club singers" in the Vic Reeves mood whenever I got dragged in there. And a poor man's Johnnie Mathis!  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 111
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not a lot but 4k towards a striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.