This thread currently has 13,441 views. Print
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner21
July 28, 2014, 12:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
While I was enjoying a summer break, John Fenty took time out of his busy schedule to announce he has been posting for nearly a year on The Fishy using the pseudonym GetYourFactsRight. Sometimes words can just fail you, sometimes something is so stupid, so moronic that it’s hard to argue the point when it’s just common knowledge. I would compare it to arguing about the existence of gravity with someone you met in the pub, you know it’s there and you can show it but what happens if they just say no!?

10 The age of the child who had his flag snapped in half by John Fenty

I always assumed it was a widely held belief that CEO’s, Chairman, Prime Ministers or even Presidents don’t get involved with general discussions, rumours and conjecture about day to day running of their business or country with us ordinary folk. Firstly it would take up an inordinate amount of time from what I would hope is a very busy schedule. Secondly it opens you up to all sorts of character attacks. Thirdly it can turn into a PR disaster if not handled correctly and fourthly its just stupid. I mean really stupid.

2002 The year Fenty became majority shareholder

This club when I first started supporting it was a Championship club and though we are not able to maintain those standards on the pitch I sincerely hope we maintain the standards off it. I would not expect any Championship chairman to be slinging mud with their fans on a forum without either a professional public relations official on hand or without pre arranging such a Q&A on their own terms. It seems to be run in a more amateurish way as the seasons go on.

52 The number of League places dropped since Fenty has become major shareholder

But how can we argue with a man of the people such as a Conservative Councillor? Maybe we should address the way in which these messages are put out for the public to view. I mean after all if you are going to reveal yourself as the majority shareholder at your club you should hope the messages you have posted are done so in an appropriate manner, they they’ve appeased fans and acted above all professionally. Alas this does not seem to be the case the majority of his posts are very confrontational and immature, his posts are littered with smiley faces and exclamation marks, like a teenage girl arranging a meeting with her gal pals. Hardly in keeping with the gentleman who is currently certified as in control of the club. How would these messages be interpreted by those who firstly deal with the club in terms of other clubs, the players or the staff at the club themselves? I know I would lose a lot of respect for the CEO I worked for if she did the same thing with our accounts and buyers.

14 The Number of managers hired, fired, removed and reinstalled during his tenure

Staff moral and leadership aside what about how it appears to those who intend on or are already putting substantial amounts of money in to the club through sponsorship? If I was unsure whether to put money in to a Conference club it wouldn’t at all help if “The Chairman” of that club was acting like a child or telling his supporters to “Gimp Off.”. How much damage could stunts like this be doing to the reputation of this club behind closed doors?

“Acted Recklessly” As said by the courts in relations to Fenty’s dealing with Boston around Scott and Hurst

Unfortunately this isn’t the first time our chairman has been put in the spotlight for a toe curling outburst, statement or action. Though he can be admired for his hands on attitude. You have to wonder if anyone is telling him what he’s doing is wrong or whether they are and he’s just a loose cannon? The amateurish way in which he continues to do this is causing permanent damage to this club in my opinion. He is seen by many at the club as a joke figure rather than someone to be taken seriously especially amongst the fans. How can you go in to a contract or transfer deal if someone thinks that about the person across the table?

“Plonker” The word used by Radio Humberside to describe Fenty which resulted in a complaint to Ofcom and Humberside having access to the club restricted.

Some fans at this club seem to almost have Stockholm Syndrome regarding Fenty being in charge of the club. They seem to believe without him this club would not survive and would be wound up the second he walked out the door. They act like the only way this club can continue is by letting this man continue to make wrong decision after wrong decision, acting like a petulant child and further dragging this club in to disrepute. This club survived before Fenty, has survived despite him and will continue to survive long after he has gone.

59 Days 20 Hours 6 Minutes the amount of time that John Fenty has been logged on to The Fishy

http://pontoonandpavillion.wordpress.com/2014/07/27/lets-get-our-facts-right/
Private Message
Grimal
July 28, 2014, 12:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
As a Grimsby Town supporter John Fenty has every right to register to The Fishy football forum. I for one have no objections to him posting.  The only thing I would change if I was John would be his pseudonym, would be better as GetTheFactsCorrect .GTFC.
Go for it John.UTM..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 134
Paris Mariner
July 28, 2014, 12:50pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Yay, more Fenty bashing. Original and interesting.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 134
Hagrid
July 28, 2014, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
without fenty we would not have a club, like him or loathe him, we would not have a grimsby town football club without him, noone wants to buy us, John puts money into this club each season on a competitive budget, i do not think you can solely blame him for our downfall, I have no bitterness towards fenty for our fall, mainly aimed at the excrement we have signed. We are approaching a new season ans the players/manager/board  need our support more than ever during this season,cant we just hold off our "anger" at Mr Fenty for a while? Put this much effort and thought into supporting the team we all love, FFS come on guys, Think of the 9th August and think of the coming season UTM
As another has said, for the abuse and constant bashing fenty recieves, it amazes me that he continues to bankroll the club. Guess it shows how much of a fan John is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 134
Garth
July 28, 2014, 12:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Mariner21
While I was enjoying a summer break, John Fenty took time out of his busy schedule to announce he has been posting for nearly a year on The Fishy using the pseudonym GetYourFactsRight. Sometimes words can just fail you, sometimes something is so stupid, so moronic that it’s hard to argue the point when it’s just common knowledge. I would compare it to arguing about the existence of gravity with someone you met in the pub, you know it’s there and you can show it but what happens if they just say no!?

I always assumed it was a widely held belief that CEO’s, Chairman, Prime Ministers or even Presidents don’t get involved with general discussions, rumours and conjecture about day to day running of their business or country with us ordinary folk. Firstly it would take up an inordinate amount of time from what I would hope is a very busy schedule. Secondly it opens you up to all sorts of character attacks. Thirdly it can turn into a PR disaster if not handled correctly and fourthly its just stupid. I mean really stupid.

This club when I first started supporting it was a Championship club and though we are not able to maintain those standards on the pitch I sincerely hope we maintain the standards off it. I would not expect any Championship chairman to be slinging mud with their fans on a forum without either a professional public relations official on hand or without pre arranging such a Q&A on their own terms. It seems to be run in a more amateurish way as the seasons go on.

But how can we argue with a man of the people such as a Conservative Councillor? Maybe we should address the way in which these messages are put out for the public to view. I mean after all if you are going to reveal yourself as the majority shareholder at your club you should hope the messages you have posted are done so in an appropriate manner, they they’ve appeased fans and acted above all professionally. Alas this does not seem to be the case the majority of his posts are very confrontational and immature, his posts are littered with smiley faces and exclamation marks, like a teenage girl arranging a meeting with her gal pals. Hardly in keeping with the gentleman who is currently certified as in control of the club. How would these messages be interpreted by those who firstly deal with the club in terms of other clubs, the players or the staff at the club themselves? I know I would lose a lot of respect for the CEO I worked for if she did the same thing with our accounts and buyers.

14 The Number of managers hired, fired, removed and reinstalled during his tenure

Staff moral and leadership aside what about how it appears to those who intend on or are already putting substantial amounts of money in to the club through sponsorship? If I was unsure whether to put money in to a Conference club it wouldn’t at all help if “The Chairman” of that club was acting like a child or telling his supporters to “Gimp Off.”. How much damage could stunts like this be doing to the reputation of this club behind closed doors?

“Acted Recklessly” As said by the courts in relations to Fenty’s dealing with Boston around Scott and Hurst

Unfortunately this isn’t the first time our chairman has been put in the spotlight for a toe curling outburst, statement or action. Though he can be admired for his hands on attitude. You have to wonder if anyone is telling him what he’s doing is wrong or whether they are and he’s just a loose cannon? The amateurish way in which he continues to do this is causing permanent damage to this club in my opinion. He is seen by many at the club as a joke figure rather than someone to be taken seriously especially amongst the fans. How can you go in to a contract or transfer deal if someone thinks that about the person across the table?

“Plonker” The word used by Radio Humberside to describe Fenty which resulted in a complaint to Ofcom and Humberside having access to the club restricted.

Some fans at this club seem to almost have Stockholm Syndrome regarding Fenty being in charge of the club. They seem to believe without him this club would not survive and would be wound up the second he walked out the door. They act like the only way this club can continue is by letting this man continue to make wrong decision after wrong decision, acting like a petulant child and further dragging this club in to disrepute. This club survived before Fenty, has survived despite him and will continue to survive long after he has gone.

59 Days 20 Hours 6 Minutes the amount of time that John Fenty has been logged on to The Fishy

So what! its hardly some sort of record, long may he continue, are you Burnsey in disguise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 134
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 28, 2014, 1:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
How do we know your not Mike Parker, or another ex GTFC board member.
As a fan he has the same right as everyone else on here to post.
For all you know Paul Hurst, all the players, GTFC staff and board members could all be fishy posters.
What give you the god given right to bash the club and its staff whilst they can not defend themselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 134
Grantham_Mariner
July 28, 2014, 1:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
"Jesus is a Town fan"

Anyone know if he is on the fishy?

Lighten up everybody.....................

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 134
forza ivano
July 28, 2014, 1:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mariner21

as i said on another thread - have a look at the Oystons and Blackpool saga;maybe then you could come up with some truly staggering figures regarding their conduct.
you might also like to think of other figures regarding the money jf made and has subsequently spent/loaned/wasted/thrown down the drain during his years at gtfc.you might further like to think of what you would have done with such a figure and whether you would have put up with the pressure/heartache/abuse/disappointment in return for having got rid of so much of your hard earned fortune
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 134
TAGG
July 28, 2014, 2:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Hagrid
without fenty we would not have a club, like him or loathe him, we would not have a grimsby town football club without him, noone wants to buy us, John puts money into this club each season on a competitive budget, i do not think you can solely blame him for our downfall, I have no bitterness towards fenty for our fall, mainly aimed at the excrement we have signed. We are approaching a new season ans the players/manager/board  need our support more than ever during this season,cant we just hold off our "anger" at Mr Fenty for a while? Put this much effort and thought into supporting the team we all love, FFS come on guys, Think of the 9th August and think of the coming season UTM
As another has said, for the abuse and constant bashing fenty recieves, it amazes me that he continues to bankroll the club. Guess it shows how much of a fan John is

There is no way of knowing if that without Fenty we would have no club, that's a ridiculous statement.
How do you know there is no one out there who would buy Town??
As far as I know GTFC has never been officially put up for sale so until it is we will never know.
I have nothing but bitterness towards Fenty for the position we now find our club in.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 134
Hagrid
July 28, 2014, 2:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from TAGG

There is no way of knowing if that without Fenty we would have no club, that's a ridiculous statement.
How do you know there is no one out there who would buy Town??
As far as I know GTFC has never been officially put up for sale so until it is we will never know.
I have nothing but bitterness towards Fenty for the position we now find our club in.

the club has been open to offers for many years, little interest has been shown in any sort of takeover, If John Pulled out, IMO we would not have a club as we would have no financial backing, we would be a darlo hereford rushden etc, I know you dont like Fenty TAGG but you cannot surely put all the blame at his door
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 134
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.