9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
July 28, 2014, 2:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Clay is very poor from what I have seen of him. Bizarre signing.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 82
headingly_mariner
July 28, 2014, 2:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from jonnyboy82
glad pittman has signed but for clay that is a shocking signing.

I cant believe he has signed him.

You only really know if a signing is shocking after a sustained period of time, we don't know what Hurst has seen in him and we don't know how far down the pecking order he is, how much he is on or where and how he wants him to play.

It might be worth giving players a chance before writing them off completely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 82
oldun
July 28, 2014, 2:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Neither were messers futcher, tillson or Mendonca

Yes but we are in the conference premier now. Having said, I having seen Clay play once, I said I would be disappointed if we signed him and I am. I cannot believe there are no better central midfielders out there who could offer something different and could be pursuaded to join us. I agree Clay gives us a bit of height which we lack in the middle but apart from that now much. Ido hope he turns out to be ok but will need to improve a lot. If we play 442 then I guess we will perm 2 out of 3 from Disley, Brown and Paddy so clay will warm the bench for a good number of games.
Pittman is a gamble but if he comes good then he might get back on the goal trail. Personally, I think Nathan Arnold could useful playing in a more central striking role, if the others are not finding the net.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 82
jonnyboy82
July 28, 2014, 2:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from headingly_mariner

You only really know if a signing is shocking after a sustained period of time, we don't know what Hurst has seen in him and we don't know how far down the pecking order he is, how much he is on or where and how he wants him to play.

It might be worth giving players a chance before writing them off completely.

if its alright with you I will use the judgement of me seeing him in 4 matches and the very good knowledge of a few York fans who said think jamal fyfield but in midfield when he joined on trial thankyou very much.

have you seen him play ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 82
denni266
July 28, 2014, 2:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
waste of wages on clay , panic signing. shows again that Hurst should not be here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 82
Codswede
July 28, 2014, 2:39pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
We'd be moaning if we were forced to play Disley/Brown in an FA Trophy match due to injuries... At this level can you expect a squad player to fill all the criteria us fans expect?

I don't expect we'll see much of him anyway, if his wage equals more to spend on the missing striker then it's a master stroke IMO. Time will tell.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 82
oldun
July 28, 2014, 2:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
A friend of mine watched Wrexham play at Hednesford on Sat and says Wrexham looked like a good team and that Jennings was excellent. The one that got away eh? I think Paul Hurst was pinning his striker hopes on signing him and was clearly disappointed when he didn't. Oh well water under the bridge as they say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 82
ackomariner
July 28, 2014, 2:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from oldun
A friend of mine watched Wrexham play at Hednesford on Sat and says Wrexham looked like a good team and that Jennings was excellent. The one that got away eh? I think Paul Hurst was pinning his striker hopes on signing him and was clearly disappointed when he didn't. Oh well water under the bridge as they say.

Don't panic, we've got LJL

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 82
jonnyboy82
July 28, 2014, 2:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from denni266
waste of wages on clay , panic signing. shows again that Hurst should not be here

yep , panic signing ..

why not just wait to see if better comes along, we have paddy, brown and disley in the centre of midfield anyway..

pauls favourite line is " I wont bring players into the football club for the sake of it "

well paul you just have.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 82
pontoonlew
July 28, 2014, 2:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Can't help but think this is the result of Hurst not securing his targets and panicking. Not only are the hairs on my neck not standing up, I'd go so far as to say this is prehaps the most disappointing summer of signings yet. The best is by far Mackreth but other than that it's a huge anti climax.

Anybody think we've got a team that's going to win a title?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clay and Pittman Sign

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.