9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Sigone
July 28, 2014, 10:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Maybe Town should sign Villa captain 'Concrete Ron Vlaar'.  Then we would have 'concrete and clay'  

Unit 4+2...showing my age now...hey its before my time...only by 3 years though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ougF5Q78tyo
Bet this was one of your grooves Pete  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
LongEatonMariner
July 29, 2014, 8:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pontoonlew

A team full of 'triers' never won anybody a league Pete.

Did Pete say he wanted a team of tries?

Sometimes your posts are complete and utter bill hillocks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 82
July 29, 2014, 8:53am
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew

. I think the criticism is aimed at Hurst and his transfer policy.

Transfer policy in general over the summer or just the clay signing?

I think we are one top quality goal scorer away from having a very good summer of signings.

We have re recruited
Mckeown (player of the year)
Thomas
Disley (double figure goals from midfield!)
Neilson

We were lacking pace and energy in abundance last year. Hursts policy- or guideline has clearly specifically gone for this. I thought we had good players individually but collectively we lacked certain attributes that would allow us to alter tactics last season. In particular get up the pitch and in other teams faces. Hursts transfer policy/goal looks like it was to change this, and by looking at it so far it looks like he has, by adding the needed pace and energy

Toto
Macreath
Arnold
Brown
Pittman.

The only signing that doesn't fit this strategy is clay. Who is a fourth choice back up and most probably on a small piece of our budget.

What type of transfer policy were you hoping for? What is wrong with this one? And before you say it... Yeah we are still lacking a goal scorer - but we are still in the market for one I believe.

Reply: 62 - 82
TownSNAFU5
July 29, 2014, 9:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,848
Gold Stars: 42
The manager has seen these 2 new players play a few times and knows their background, attitude and character.  We should trust his judgement and see how they settle in.  A little encouragement will not go amiss.  (We did not question his judgement on the first 3 signings).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 82
mariner91
July 29, 2014, 9:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from 3610

I think we are one top quality goal scorer away from having a very good summer of signings.

We have re recruited
Thomas
Neilson

We were lacking pace and energy in abundance last year. Hursts policy- or guideline has clearly specifically gone for this. I thought we had good players individually but collectively we lacked certain attributes that would allow us to alter tactics last season. In particular get up the pitch and in other teams faces. Hursts transfer policy/goal looks like it was to change this, and by looking at it so far it looks like he has, by adding the needed pace and energy

Toto
Macreath
Arnold
Brown
Pittman.

The only signing that doesn't fit this strategy is clay. Who is a fourth choice back up and most probably on a small piece of our budget.

What type of transfer policy were you hoping for? What is wrong with this one? And before you say it... Yeah we are still lacking a goal scorer - but we are still in the market for one I believe.

Got to agree with this. We all knew we were lacking pace and energy, that has been addressed. So you'd hope we'd be slightly improved on last season already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
LongEatonMariner
July 29, 2014, 9:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 3610

We have re recruited
Thomas
Neilson

Toto
Macreath
Arnold
Brown
Pittman.

Very good post.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
Bignic69
July 29, 2014, 9:29am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from denni266
waste of wages on clay , panic signing. shows again that Hurst should not be here

FFS

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 82
moosey_club
July 29, 2014, 9:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Clay actually reminds me of one of the first signings they made....Anthony Church.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 82
Garth
July 29, 2014, 9:40am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from pizzzza

If Clay turns out to be a poor signing then maybe Hurst should be.... fired.

Wedgewood be a shame
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 82
jonnyboy82
July 29, 2014, 9:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from moosey_club
Clay actually reminds me of one of the first signings they made....Anthony Church.

The first time I saw him I thought that's Anthony church in disguise.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clay and Pittman Sign

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.