Getyourfactsright
August 12, 2014, 5:13am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Flares

Anything you can do to help stamp it out is appreciated. Football will not tolerate this and there are no acceptable reasons to have them in the eyes of the law.

Bans will ensue and none of us want to see fans banned.

The club are on the verge of being fined after several warnings already. Daft as it sounds we are also being told that the club is responsible for the away fans behaviour. A letter from the FA came in after the Bristol game severely warning the club in this regard.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 67
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 12, 2014, 5:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
But then John, surely it's the responsibility of the home teams stewards? They may not even be town fans but lads on the beer for the day? That for me wouldn't be able to happen legally as it is not your responsibility?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 67
Caesar
August 12, 2014, 6:42am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Am happy to play my part in trying to get rid of flares.  Am sure that it is done with the right intent of building atmosphere etc.  But for me it is not really an English thing to do.  I always think of flares as something more common to find in Italian matches than in British games.  Next away game I am off to is Gatsehead so will keep an eye out for any flares and have a word with anyone using them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 67
gary_elton
August 12, 2014, 8:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
How 'bout tellin the steward which bloody idiot did it and get the idiots taken away....???

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 67
aldi_01
August 12, 2014, 8:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
This 'issue' won't go away, simple as that. It's happening a lot more regular now and whilst some claim there have been deaths related to flares and smoke bombs it's not really an argument against the use of them. Festivals, huge outdoor gigs sports event etc have all seen an increase in the use of them.

They've been used abroad for years, in fact it's almost encouraged and we all know the atmosphere at some foreign grounds is electric.

Personally I think the club should be more concerned that there are still alleged grown men that think running around fighting each other is acceptable than worrying about a few young lads that spend their student loans on smoke bombs and are simply trying to inject some sort of atmosphere in to many a excrement game at many a excrement ground with few people...

I assume GTFC have pointed out that we are by no means the only club with this so called issue and have pointed out to the authorities that those clubs/fans should be receiving this same correspondence too?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 67
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 12, 2014, 8:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
In that case, let's disperse with :

Singing : noise arbitration
Celebrating : heart attacks
Clapping : RSI
Food : chocking/food poisoning
Hot drinks : scolding

Where/when were the unfortunate deaths??

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 67
acko338
August 12, 2014, 8:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
SO IT'S ALL RIGHT IF OTHERS DO IT ??????

AND NO CONSEQUENCES FOR THOSE DOING IT OR FOR THE CLUB IF HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR FANS' BEHAVIOUR????????

COME ON,  GET REAL!!!!

NO AWAY FANS IN A VITALLY IMPORTANT SEASON WITH PERHAPS THE BEST EQUIPPED SQUAD IN 5 YEARS ?????

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WOULD WANT TO BLOW ANY CHANCES OF PROMOTION AWAY BY STUPIDITY ON AWAY TERRACES ??????????

WELL ????????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 67
Town Monkey
August 12, 2014, 9:02am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
There is no place for Flares or smoke bombs in a football ground in my opinion.  As has been stated above it's illegal and it really could hurt the club if it continues.  What us fans should be doing (and the majority do) is singing our hearts out for the lads and giving them our support.  That would create a far better atmosphere than a half wit with a sparkler.

On the separate comment about banners, I was tempted to take one along on Saturday to welcome Rovers to the Conference.  It would have been a Galatasaray inspired "Welcome to Hell".  Needless to say, I was far too lazy to actually make one (and I carn't spel).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 67
Garth
August 12, 2014, 9:27am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 1739

I very much doubt anyone posting on here has the intention to set off flares. Any genuine Town fan would not take the risk of receiving a banning order for letting off a pyro .  To be fair it is not just Town fans who do it away from home, it is fairly common the more higher up the footballing pyramid you go and we are not one of the only clubs that do it in this league. It happens nationally not just at GTFC away games.

Two wrongs do not make a right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 67
Garth
August 12, 2014, 9:34am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from aldi_01
This 'issue' won't go away, simple as that. It's happening a lot more regular now and whilst some claim there have been deaths related to flares and smoke bombs it's not really an argument against the use of them. Festivals, huge outdoor gigs sports event etc have all seen an increase in the use of them.

They've been used abroad for years, in fact it's almost encouraged and we all know the atmosphere at some foreign grounds is electric.

Personally I think the club should be more concerned that there are still alleged grown men that think running around fighting each other is acceptable than worrying about a few young lads that spend their student loans on smoke bombs and are simply trying to inject some sort of atmosphere in to many a excrement game at many a excrement ground with few people...

I assume GTFC have pointed out that we are by no means the only club with this so called issue and have pointed out to the authorities that those clubs/fans should be receiving this same correspondence too?

What a gnat brain opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Smoke bombs and Flares

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.