Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lennel John-Lewis.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 290 Guests

Lennel John-Lewis.

This thread currently has 13,833 views. Print
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
fiveallive
August 13, 2014, 8:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
LJL must feel so low at the moment first 2 games should of won 1-0 with him scoring in both games, he must feel pressure with every shot he has because he knows if he misses the crowd are going to hate him for it.

I think once we get full squad back take him out the firing line for a while.
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
August 13, 2014, 8:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Here we go again.....

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 133
LH
August 13, 2014, 8:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Do people not rate LJL? I don't think anyone has mentioned it...
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 133
Tommy
August 13, 2014, 8:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
He is a future Peter Bore/Danny North of this board. (If he isn't already)

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 133
Rick12
August 13, 2014, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from fiveallive
LJL must feel so low at the moment first 2 games should of won 1-0 with him scoring in both games, he must feel pressure with every shot he has because he knows if he misses the crowd are going to hate him for it.

I think once we get full squad back take him out the firing line for a while.
Must be challenging for him and all the players at Grimsby at times given the pressure they are under to achieve promotion with us(not just on matchdays but with the advent of social media as well).However the only thing we can do as fans is give our support in the stands and hopefully come the end of the season we achieve what we all want promotion

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 133
TAGG
August 13, 2014, 10:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Lennel John-Lewis---will cost Paul Hurst his job  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 133
lee65
August 13, 2014, 10:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
He never hides on the pitch, despite the fact that he must be aware of how people slag him off

The trouble with town is we dont create enough chances for the strikers to try and put away, particularly ones facing the opposition goal.  His miss last night wasn't an open goal (though i'm sure he would appreciate he should've scored), and he had a few decent efforts from range.

Was there a shot on target by any other player?

(just remembered the Connell follow up to the LJL shot)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 133
bradzmilne
August 13, 2014, 10:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
I've been trying to keep myself well out of the way of a LJL discussion but I can't resist anymore  
LJL is a trier and I will defend any trier until I'm blue in the face. I would much rather spend money on watching players with potentially less ability but actually care about the cause than some of the wasters that have ability but are more bothered about their next pay cheque. I think that these players with ability have left us in the position we are today and if we had a few more players like LJL in years gone by, we would still be a football league side.
To be honest whether he is good enough or not is not his fault, if he isn't of the standard to play for us surely that is the fault of our scouting team? I'm sure that he wasn't on the phone to HandS every waking second of the day in order to persuade them to bring him here so he can finally wear the famous black and white stripes he has dreamed of since the day he was born or so he can finally relocate to Costa del Cleethorpes (a definate life ambition of his).
This said, if Hurst continues to play him when we have a full strength strike force I don't no what to say? The chance against Bristol I could of scored... lacking both legs and eye sight as well as being half drunk. Last night maybe was a harder chance but I'd still put money on my dog finishing it 9 out of 10 times.  If Hannah isn't fit  on Saturday give Bemrose a chance? With the greatest respect to the shop, he's clearly having a hard time of late. Give someone else a chance and make him have to earn his way back into the side. It won't do him any harm.
Long live the Shop ... UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 133
Mariner Timsky
August 13, 2014, 10:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
"Lennel John - Lewis he scores when he wants, , , he scores when he wants, , he scores when he wants , , , Lennel John - Lewis he scores when he wants"

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 133
louth_in_the_south
August 13, 2014, 10:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Phone conversation between hurst and rob Scott

H " what do I do about Lenny Rob mate ? "

S " keep your faith in him Paul mate , he'll come good and get the goals to send u up "

H " yeah that's what I think too rob mate "

Phones go down .

Rob Scott rolls around on his living room floor in hysterics

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 133
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lennel John-Lewis.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.