Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lennel John-Lewis.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 315 Guests

Lennel John-Lewis.

This thread currently has 13,822 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
August 15, 2014, 10:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Maringer

LJL is clearly never going to be a great goalscorer, but at this level, forcing defensive errors from opposition players is a big part of attacking and he's currently the only one of our strikers who has the physical presence to achieve this. A fit Pittman would offer a different proposition as he also looks strong but with an extra turn of pace.

It's maybe wishful thinking but I'm hoping that Pittman will turn into our major goal threat. He's got the pace and by most accounts, has the ability when he's fit. Just got to get him fit!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 133
Maringer
August 15, 2014, 10:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
We can always hope...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 133
rancido
August 15, 2014, 11:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
I think it's possible to debate on a fan forum which players we think should be in the team and which shouldn't, without people accusing others of "getting on his back".  We all have our own opinions, it's a game of opinions and there will never be full agreement on things like team preference.

On the other hand, I don't think it's on for people to be openly barracking players at games or labelling them a disgrace or anything like that.  I'm sure that all of the players give it 100% That shouldn't stop fans from having opinions and discussing them reasonably in open forum.

Very true - we have had one poster call LJL " a clown " which is completely over the top. LJL clearly gives 100% but is lacking in his ability to put the ball in the net on a regular basis. This is no basis for personal insults and does the poster no favours at all.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 133
lee65
August 15, 2014, 11:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
I didn't hear too much in the way of verbal attack with regard to LJL on Tuesday, even when he missed the best chance.

Funny about opinions and "hate figures", there was a guy behind me in the Upper Findus who moaned about how sh** Magnay was from start to finish, irrespective of what he actually did.  I mean, that's ridiculous, as most (me included) think he's a good signing.

I hate to say it, but I do think we have a higher % or moronic "fans" than most
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 133
lee65
August 15, 2014, 11:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Another thing, when we are short of wingers, should we play LJL slightly wider?, as his pace looks to have improved, and when missing Neilson, MacKreth etc. he looks to be the only guy with the pace and strength to beat a man in a chase down the wing

He could still tuck in to be the target from goal kicks, or even look to a high wide ball (Calvin Andrew style from when he was on loan and we often hit him in wide areas from keepers kicks)
This changes the angle of attack too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 133
rancido
August 15, 2014, 7:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from lee65
I didn't hear too much in the way of verbal attack with regard to LJL on Tuesday, even when he missed the best chance.

Funny about opinions and "hate figures", there was a guy behind me in the Upper Findus who moaned about how sh** Magnay was from start to finish, irrespective of what he actually did.  I mean, that's ridiculous, as most (me included) think he's a good signing.

I hate to say it, but I do think we have a higher % or moronic "fans" than most

There is an old guy in front of me in the Upper Findus who constantly says " you're rubbish goalie " if ever any of McKeowns kicks goes wide or if he makes any kind of slip at all.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 133
arryarryarry
August 17, 2014, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from gtfc98
If you all got the intercourse off John-Lewis' back then maybe he'd start scoring? You know, not feeling quite under so much pressure? The fishy really is full of complete and utter fucktards these days.

It is not just his goal scoring record at Town but throughout his career but you are clearly a cluelessfucktard to even check.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 133
pontoonlew
August 17, 2014, 9:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
My view is playing LJL for 90 mins over 46 games will not get you a league title. People compare him to Livvo, not only is it a ridiculous camparison of a much better player but Livvo didn't play anywhere near the ammount of games LJL did. He also played for a team battling relegation, not going for a league title.

Could we win a title with LJL in the SQUAD? I'm pretty sure we could.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 133
lew chaterleys lover
August 17, 2014, 9:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,659
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from rancido

There is an old guy in front of me in the Upper Findus who constantly says " you're rubbish goalie " if ever any of McKeowns kicks goes wide or if he makes any kind of slip at all.

Well I am entitled to my view.

Private Message
Reply: 68 - 133
BIGChris
August 17, 2014, 9:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from pontoonlew
My view is playing LJL for 90 mins over 46 games will not get you a league title. People compare him to Livvo, not only is it a ridiculous camparison of a much better player but Livvo didn't play anywhere near the ammount of games LJL did. He also played for a team battling relegation, not going for a league title.

Could we win a title with LJL in the SQUAD? I'm pretty sure we could.

Livvo appeared in 59 games during the 97-98 promotion season scoring 9 goals
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lennel John-Lewis.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.