5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Quagmire
August 17, 2014, 11:36am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
With the Trust having two members on the GTFC board does this give the Trust 2 votes when the board make certain decisions or just 1 vote as they both represent the Trust?

Will they be canvassing the opinion of Trust members re their support (or not) for Paul Hurst to continue as manager or are they just going to go with what they themselves think is best / vote the way they are told by JF when it comes to the nitty gritty?

Logged Offline
Private Message
MeanwoodMariner
August 17, 2014, 11:41am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I can't answer for the Trust representatives, but my best guess if all the Trust members were to vote right now on whether to sack Hurst it would be, rightly or wrongly, an overwhelming response of "No. After just 3 games it's too early."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
TAGG
August 17, 2014, 11:54am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I can't answer for the Trust representatives.

Well why answer at all??????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
MeanwoodMariner
August 17, 2014, 11:55am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Well why answer at all??????

Err, there was a second line to my post you clown!!

For clarification:
The OP's question is clearly implying that he thinks most Trust members now want Hurst removed, but the likes of BigChris will ignore that opinion or just do as Fenty tells them, ie keep Hurst.

I'm saying I doubt very much most Trust members would vote to sack Hurst at this stage and the whole point of the original question is flawed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
Getyourfactsright
August 17, 2014, 12:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Quagmire
With the Trust having two members on the GTFC board does this give the Trust 2 votes when the board make certain decisions or just 1 vote as they both represent the Trust?

Will they be canvassing the opinion of Trust members re their support (or not) for Paul Hurst to continue as manager or are they just going to go with what they themselves think is best / vote the way they are told by JF when it comes to the nitty gritty?

Like all fans they will debate the club and it's staff ad nauseam.

All members of the board are able to table an item to be considered and it's one man one vote.

If your asking will there be a referendum of the trust, absolutely not.

The GTFC board have all of the facts before them, some of which aren't not public domain. They will make, as always the best decision they can based on information before them.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
Quagmire
August 17, 2014, 12:13pm

Table Wine Drinker

For clarification:
The OP's question is clearly implying that he thinks most Trust members now want Hurst removed, but the likes of BigChris will ignore that opinion or just do as Fenty tells them, ie keep Hurst.

I'm saying I doubt very much most Trust members would vote to sack Hurst at this stage and the whole point of the original question is flawed.

Where have I said that I think "most Trust members now want Hurst removed"?  I've not implied that in the slightest!

And to say the original question is flawed is absolute rubbish!

The Trust have 2 members on the GTFC board - does this give them 2 votes or just 1 when it comes to making certain decisions?  That's a fairly straightforward question in my book.

And, if there is a point that Hurst's job comes up for discussion/decision, would they canvass the opinion of Trust members and represent the views of members and vote accordingly or is it simply a case of them voting the way they feel, even if it isn't representative of the other Trust members - whether that is to continue to support PH as manager or not?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
Quagmire
August 17, 2014, 12:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Like all fans they will debate the club and it's staff ad nauseam.

All members of the board are able to table an item to be considered and it's one man one vote.

If your asking will there be a referendum of the trust, absolutely not.

The GTFC board have all of the facts before them, some of which aren't not public domain. They will make, as always the best decision they can based on information before them.

Thanks for the reply, genuinely appreciated.

I wasn't sure if the 2 Trust guys both had a vote or if they had just a single vote as they are merely representing a single block of shares.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
MeanwoodMariner
August 17, 2014, 12:33pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

Where have I said that I think "most Trust members now want Hurst removed"?  I've not implied that in the slightest!

And to say the original question is flawed is absolute rubbish!

The Trust have 2 members on the GTFC board - does this give them 2 votes or just 1 when it comes to making certain decisions?  That's a fairly straightforward question in my book.

And, if there is a point that Hurst's job comes up for discussion/decision, would they canvass the opinion of Trust members and represent the views of members and vote accordingly or is it simply a case of them voting the way they feel, even if it isn't representative of the other Trust members - whether that is to continue to support PH as manager or not?

Fine. The "will they just do what Fenty tells them" line made me sceptical of your completely innocent questions but I'm glad you now have the answers you were looking for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
TAGG
August 17, 2014, 1:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121

Err, there was a second line to my post you clown!!

For clarification:

Like I say don't bother answering if a question is for BC/Trust

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
MeanwoodMariner
August 17, 2014, 2:05pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Like I say don't bother answering if a question is for BC/Trust

I'll post on any thread I like thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO The Trust / BigChris

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.