August 17, 2014, 2:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I'll post on any thread I like thanks.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
jonnyboy82
August 17, 2014, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Like all fans they will debate the club and it's staff ad nauseam.

All members of the board are able to table an item to be considered and it's one man one vote.

If your asking will there be a referendum of the trust, absolutely not.

The GTFC board have all of the facts before them, some of which aren't not public domain. They will make, as always the best decision they can based on information before them

john in all seriousness are you not in the slightest bit concerned that our manager is making some bizarre decisions ?

Or if his decisions arent troubling you what about the fact we are very negative in our approach under paul..

Or if that doesnt trouble you how about the fact we seem happy to take a point at home to lets face it teams we should be beating, cast your mind back to last season when woking were in town for one..

Or if that doesnt trouble you how about the fact that he has had a good crack at making us fans gain false hope for nearly 4 years since he has been involved..

Or maybe just the fact while he is in charge our great club will start seeing 2000 fans in blundell park very sharpish.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
monkeyboy
August 17, 2014, 2:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
2 seasons in the playoffs - most fans would love to make playoffs regardless of the league they are in!

3 unbeaten games into the season and some planks calling for his head? - like i said unbeaten, its not like we lost 3 is it.

Half the team missing for one reason or other.

Get a grip, we could get rid of paul Hurst and get someone in thta will give us a mid table finish at best.
Ok his teams arent the most exciting but at least they end the season in the right area of the league table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
Maringer
August 17, 2014, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I can't answer for the Trust representatives, but my best guess if all the Trust members were to vote right now on whether to sack Hurst it would be, rightly or wrongly, an overwhelming response of "No. After just 3 games it's too early."

Actually, I hope the overwhelming response would be, "No. After just 3 games and still without a defeat, it would be absolutely bloody ridiculous to sack the manager."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
BIGChris
August 17, 2014, 4:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I see John has already answered the one board member one vote question although i would suspect anything  rarely comes down to a vote?

The Trust board discuss various matters on a regular basis so that the representatives are armed with the general view but i cannot see a way the Trust would be canvassing its members to decide to sack the manager
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
denni266
August 17, 2014, 6:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +693
Gold Stars: 132
80% on here want  to see the back of Hurst, not because they dont like him personaly, but because they dont believe he is the man to do the job. of course some will say that that is only the view of fishy voters, but i believe that that would be the view of many fans. There is fast coming a time when someone will ask for a vote on this matter, or other matters and it is the job of the elected reps on the board to carry out that wish weather they agree or not . i hope it does not come to that and things turn around on the pitch or he resigns.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
gtfc98
August 19, 2014, 5:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from denni266
80% on here want  to see the back of Hurst, not because they dont like him personaly, but because they dont believe he is the man to do the job. of course some will say that that is only the view of fishy voters, but i believe that that would be the view of many fans. There is fast coming a time when someone will ask for a vote on this matter, or other matters and it is the job of the elected reps on the board to carry out that wish weather they agree or not . i hope it does not come to that and things turn around on the pitch or he resigns.

Do they? Can't say I want to see the back of him after 3 games! I'm sure I'm not the only one!

UTM

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
barralad
August 19, 2014, 7:40pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from gtfc98

Do they? Can't say I want to see the back of him after 3 games! I'm sure I'm not the only one!

UTM

You're not....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
Rodley Mariner
August 19, 2014, 7:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I don't want him sacked either. Would be lunacy three games into the season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
ackomariner
August 19, 2014, 7:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad

You're not....

But it's not three games barra is it?

We've been going downhill from last Christmas , that's when myself and the other six or seven planks have been calling for change.

I do think that we've got a better squad this season than last, but paul hurst hasn't got a clue on how to get the best out of these players.

So it's not just three games, it's been a lot longer as you know

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO The Trust / BigChris

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.