5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
August 19, 2014, 10:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from ginnywings
Despite me thinking PH should have gone at some point last season, i accepted the fact that he had been given the green light to carry on and i think having made that decision, he has to be given at least 12 games to get some momentum going.

I'm not a fan but he may get us firing yet.

This is my opinion too. Give the players time to come back from injury and get playing before we make any decisions.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
gtfc98
August 20, 2014, 8:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from StiggsGTFC

And that includes all the 25% who voted for Hurst to stay.  

Personally I'd give till his full squad is available. Still believe he runs a far too defensive set up at home.
Too deep, no width upfront, no taking on full backs, no pulled back balls for theforwards, not enough shots on goal.....and so on.

To be fair to Hurst the main players he has available for that (Nielson, Macreth and Arnold) have all been unavailable so far!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
denni266
August 20, 2014, 8:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from Quagmire

I assume Denni266 is referencing the poll on the homepage which has 75% of the 677 'votes' in favour of sacking Hurst, it's not some number that he's just decided to pluck out of the air.

With regard to BigChris's comment "The Trust board discuss various matters on a regular basis so that the representatives are armed with the general view but i cannot see a way the Trust would be canvassing its members to decide to sack the manager"  

The point I was attempting to get across was if the Trust are there to represent the views of Trust members then how can they represent those views if they don't ask for them?  

If there comes a day when the board have to vote re retaining PH or going another route, how can the 2 Trust reps represent the views of Trust members if they don't have that information to hand?

This
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
bax
August 20, 2014, 9:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Since when did The Fishy (or the members of The Fishy) represent all GTFC fans? I suspect the vast majority of Town fans neither use this website or have probably even heard of it. 75% of people who voted in a survey, which is easily rigged, is meaningless.

Supporters will vote with their feet, not with their keyboards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
barralad
August 20, 2014, 11:02am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from bax
Since when did The Fishy (or the members of The Fishy) represent all GTFC fans? I suspect the vast majority of Town fans neither use this website or have probably even heard of it. 75% of people who voted in a survey, which is easily rigged, is meaningless.

Supporters will vote with their feet, not with their keyboards.

No:- THIS!!! Denni226

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
mariner91
August 20, 2014, 11:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from ackomariner

But it's not three games barra is it?

We've been going downhill from last Christmas , that's when myself and the other six or seven planks have been calling for change.

I do think that we've got a better squad this season than last, but paul hurst hasn't got a clue on how to get the best out of these players.

So it's not just three games, it's been a lot longer as you know

He hasn't had his full squad to work with yet. Until that point, we can't fully judge. Admittedly, he's not made the best, in my opinion, of what he's had to work with so far and has seemed to be tactically naive at best but I will reserve judgement until he gets his best XI out.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
A.l.f.
August 21, 2014, 7:27am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
In 2008 did we not sack Alan Buckley after only a handful of games - and look where we went from then!  Was that not the start of fall towards eventually ended up where we are, an ex Football League club.
We have to be more patient and take stock again after 10 games, given the injuries, suspensions and being able to get that vital striker so far, it's been hard.  What it showed me is that without our pace players it's very difficult to get through defence minded teams.  Surely with 2 of our wide men back and having Pitman to pick when he's fully fit things will get better.  I too feel that the squad is better than last season and we went close last season, so expect us to end higher.

We all must realise that we are not a centrally located club and many players do not want to come here and that's why we have not got that striker yet.  Maybe PH has decided to wait until the right striker will consider Grimsby on the East Coast and feels that he can make do with what we have until then.  TBF I was happy with him keeping hold of our key players  and the signings of Brown, Toto, Arnold and Jack the lad, but had hoped for another striker but it clearly isn't that easy these days.

What is clear that after ten games we don't need to be top as last year I believe Luton only won 2 of their first 10 games ( think I heard that somewhere) so I think it's far too early to consider sacking PH.  I'm sure things will improve and as a fan I for one will be getting behind my team!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
Garth
August 21, 2014, 11:17am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from mariner91

He hasn't had his full squad to work with yet. Until that point, we can't fully judge. Admittedly, he's not made the best, in my opinion, of what he's had to work with so far and has seemed to be tactically naive at best but I will reserve judgement until he gets his best XI out.

This!  whatever has gone on before (positives) playoffs etc,  or (negatives) failure to win said playoffs and players sent off or suspended when required at the seasons start, the truth is we are where we are three games into the season with no losses fielding a depleted team.

I share the thoughts quoted above and think it would simply be a knee jerk reaction to risk a change of manager now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
StiggsGTFC
August 21, 2014, 11:27am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from gtfc98

To be fair to Hurst the main players he has available for that (Nielson, Macreth and Arnold) have all been unavailable so far!

Hi GtFC,   agree that we need to have all players back before judgement is made, I still fear though that the managers inclination is "not to concede" rather than "get two or three goals in front"......

Still playing far too deep at home for me......lets the opposing back four have far too much time on the ball, rather than us pushing on and closing all the space down....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
oldun
August 21, 2014, 2:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from StiggsGTFC

Hi GtFC,   agree that we need to have all players back before judgement is made, I still fear though that the managers inclination is "not to concede" rather than "get two or three goals in front"......

Still playing far too deep at home for me......lets the opposing back four have far too much time on the ball, rather than us pushing on and closing all the space down....

Playing too deep? We were camped in Nuneaton's half most of the game and had long periods of forward possession against Dover just didn't have the nous or skill in wide areas to break through.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO The Trust / BigChris

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.