5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Quagmire
August 17, 2014, 11:36am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
With the Trust having two members on the GTFC board does this give the Trust 2 votes when the board make certain decisions or just 1 vote as they both represent the Trust?

Will they be canvassing the opinion of Trust members re their support (or not) for Paul Hurst to continue as manager or are they just going to go with what they themselves think is best / vote the way they are told by JF when it comes to the nitty gritty?

Logged Offline
Private Message
MeanwoodMariner
August 17, 2014, 11:41am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I can't answer for the Trust representatives, but my best guess if all the Trust members were to vote right now on whether to sack Hurst it would be, rightly or wrongly, an overwhelming response of "No. After just 3 games it's too early."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
TAGG
August 17, 2014, 11:54am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I can't answer for the Trust representatives.

Well why answer at all??????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
MeanwoodMariner
August 17, 2014, 11:55am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Well why answer at all??????

Err, there was a second line to my post you clown!!

For clarification:
The OP's question is clearly implying that he thinks most Trust members now want Hurst removed, but the likes of BigChris will ignore that opinion or just do as Fenty tells them, ie keep Hurst.

I'm saying I doubt very much most Trust members would vote to sack Hurst at this stage and the whole point of the original question is flawed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
Getyourfactsright
August 17, 2014, 12:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Quagmire
With the Trust having two members on the GTFC board does this give the Trust 2 votes when the board make certain decisions or just 1 vote as they both represent the Trust?

Will they be canvassing the opinion of Trust members re their support (or not) for Paul Hurst to continue as manager or are they just going to go with what they themselves think is best / vote the way they are told by JF when it comes to the nitty gritty?

Like all fans they will debate the club and it's staff ad nauseam.

All members of the board are able to table an item to be considered and it's one man one vote.

If your asking will there be a referendum of the trust, absolutely not.

The GTFC board have all of the facts before them, some of which aren't not public domain. They will make, as always the best decision they can based on information before them.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
Quagmire
August 17, 2014, 12:13pm

Table Wine Drinker

For clarification:
The OP's question is clearly implying that he thinks most Trust members now want Hurst removed, but the likes of BigChris will ignore that opinion or just do as Fenty tells them, ie keep Hurst.

I'm saying I doubt very much most Trust members would vote to sack Hurst at this stage and the whole point of the original question is flawed.

Where have I said that I think "most Trust members now want Hurst removed"?  I've not implied that in the slightest!

And to say the original question is flawed is absolute rubbish!

The Trust have 2 members on the GTFC board - does this give them 2 votes or just 1 when it comes to making certain decisions?  That's a fairly straightforward question in my book.

And, if there is a point that Hurst's job comes up for discussion/decision, would they canvass the opinion of Trust members and represent the views of members and vote accordingly or is it simply a case of them voting the way they feel, even if it isn't representative of the other Trust members - whether that is to continue to support PH as manager or not?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
Quagmire
August 17, 2014, 12:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

All members of the board are able to table an item to be considered and it's one man one vote.

The GTFC board have all of the facts before them, some of which aren't not public domain. They will make, as always the best decision they can based on information before them.

Thanks for the reply, genuinely appreciated.

I wasn't sure if the 2 Trust guys both had a vote or if they had just a single vote as they are merely representing a single block of shares.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
MeanwoodMariner
August 17, 2014, 12:33pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

Where have I said that I think "most Trust members now want Hurst removed"?  I've not implied that in the slightest!

And to say the original question is flawed is absolute rubbish!

The Trust have 2 members on the GTFC board - does this give them 2 votes or just 1 when it comes to making certain decisions?  That's a fairly straightforward question in my book.

And, if there is a point that Hurst's job comes up for discussion/decision, would they canvass the opinion of Trust members and represent the views of members and vote accordingly or is it simply a case of them voting the way they feel, even if it isn't representative of the other Trust members - whether that is to continue to support PH as manager or not?

Fine. The "will they just do what Fenty tells them" line made me sceptical of your completely innocent questions but I'm glad you now have the answers you were looking for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
TAGG
August 17, 2014, 1:54pm

Vodka Drinker

Err, there was a second line to my post you clown!!

For clarification:

Like I say don't bother answering if a question is for BC/Trust

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
MeanwoodMariner
August 17, 2014, 2:05pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Like I say don't bother answering if a question is for BC/Trust

I'll post on any thread I like thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
TAGG
August 17, 2014, 2:16pm

Vodka Drinker

I'll post on any thread I like thanks.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
jonnyboy82
August 17, 2014, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

The GTFC board have all of the facts before them, some of which aren't not public domain. They will make, as always the best decision they can based on information before them

john in all seriousness are you not in the slightest bit concerned that our manager is making some bizarre decisions ?

Or if his decisions arent troubling you what about the fact we are very negative in our approach under paul..

Or if that doesnt trouble you how about the fact we seem happy to take a point at home to lets face it teams we should be beating, cast your mind back to last season when woking were in town for one..

Or if that doesnt trouble you how about the fact that he has had a good crack at making us fans gain false hope for nearly 4 years since he has been involved..

Or maybe just the fact while he is in charge our great club will start seeing 2000 fans in blundell park very sharpish.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
monkeyboy
August 17, 2014, 2:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
2 seasons in the playoffs - most fans would love to make playoffs regardless of the league they are in!

3 unbeaten games into the season and some planks calling for his head? - like i said unbeaten, its not like we lost 3 is it.

Half the team missing for one reason or other.

Get a grip, we could get rid of paul Hurst and get someone in thta will give us a mid table finish at best.
Ok his teams arent the most exciting but at least they end the season in the right area of the league table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
Maringer
August 17, 2014, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,404
Gold Stars: 184
I can't answer for the Trust representatives, but my best guess if all the Trust members were to vote right now on whether to sack Hurst it would be, rightly or wrongly, an overwhelming response of "No. After just 3 games it's too early."

Actually, I hope the overwhelming response would be, "No. After just 3 games and still without a defeat, it would be absolutely bloody ridiculous to sack the manager."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
BIGChris
August 17, 2014, 4:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I see John has already answered the one board member one vote question although i would suspect anything  rarely comes down to a vote?

The Trust board discuss various matters on a regular basis so that the representatives are armed with the general view but i cannot see a way the Trust would be canvassing its members to decide to sack the manager
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
denni266
August 17, 2014, 6:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
80% on here want  to see the back of Hurst, not because they dont like him personaly, but because they dont believe he is the man to do the job. of course some will say that that is only the view of fishy voters, but i believe that that would be the view of many fans. There is fast coming a time when someone will ask for a vote on this matter, or other matters and it is the job of the elected reps on the board to carry out that wish weather they agree or not . i hope it does not come to that and things turn around on the pitch or he resigns.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
gtfc98
August 19, 2014, 5:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from denni266
80% on here want  to see the back of Hurst, not because they dont like him personaly, but because they dont believe he is the man to do the job. of course some will say that that is only the view of fishy voters, but i believe that that would be the view of many fans. There is fast coming a time when someone will ask for a vote on this matter, or other matters and it is the job of the elected reps on the board to carry out that wish weather they agree or not . i hope it does not come to that and things turn around on the pitch or he resigns.

Do they? Can't say I want to see the back of him after 3 games! I'm sure I'm not the only one!

UTM

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
barralad
August 19, 2014, 7:40pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from gtfc98

Do they? Can't say I want to see the back of him after 3 games! I'm sure I'm not the only one!

UTM

You're not....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
Rodley Mariner
August 19, 2014, 7:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I don't want him sacked either. Would be lunacy three games into the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
ackomariner
August 19, 2014, 7:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad

You're not....

But it's not three games barra is it?

We've been going downhill from last Christmas , that's when myself and the other six or seven planks have been calling for change.

I do think that we've got a better squad this season than last, but paul hurst hasn't got a clue on how to get the best out of these players.

So it's not just three games, it's been a lot longer as you know

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
Quagmire
August 19, 2014, 7:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

UTM

I assume Denni266 is referencing the poll on the homepage which has 75% of the 677 'votes' in favour of sacking Hurst, it's not some number that he's just decided to pluck out of the air.

With regard to BigChris's comment "The Trust board discuss various matters on a regular basis so that the representatives are armed with the general view but i cannot see a way the Trust would be canvassing its members to decide to sack the manager"  

The point I was attempting to get across was if the Trust are there to represent the views of Trust members then how can they represent those views if they don't ask for them?  

If there comes a day when the board have to vote re retaining PH or going another route, how can the 2 Trust reps represent the views of Trust members if they don't have that information to hand?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
mariner tommy
August 19, 2014, 8:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from denni266

It's not 80% on here at all, for a start the poll is 75%, and, that is three quarters of the people that have voted.
What you should've said was that 75% of the people that have voted want him dismissed.
That could be a very small proportion of the people actually on the fishy.
You really are miles off.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
moosey_club
August 19, 2014, 9:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from BIGChris
I see John has already answered the one board member one vote question although i would suspect anything  rarely comes down to a vote?

The Trust board discuss various matters on a regular basis so that the representatives are armed with the general view but i cannot see a way the Trust would be canvassing its members to decide to sack the manager

Out of interest how often do the trust hold members meetings so the feelings of the wider membership, not just the trust board, can be aired and considered?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
NorthseaMariner
August 19, 2014, 9:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
This is ridiculous, things have not gone well so far this season, but we are only three games in to it.
I for one think the squad looks stronger than last season.
Get a grip some of you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
moosey_club
August 19, 2014, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
This is ridiculous, things have not gone well so far this season, but we are only three games in to it.
I for one think the squad looks stronger than last season.
Get a grip some of you.

Seriously....how can the squad look stronger when after 2 weeks we are looking for a third loanee?
If the squad was stronger we wouldnt need loanees at all would we?

The Aswadgate affair being the latest example, despite having a senior player on the books who can easily cover left back and a senior back up at right back and another young pro who can cover right back as well as a young pro who could also cover left back he is foraying into the loan market instead.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
NorthseaMariner
August 19, 2014, 9:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
Ok, squad may not be stronger in depth, but, to me the team looks better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
gtfc98
August 19, 2014, 9:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

I assume Denni266 is referencing the poll on the homepage which has 75% of the 677 'votes' in favour of sacking Hurst, it's not some number that he's just decided to pluck out of the air.

With regard to BigChris's comment "The Trust board discuss various matters on a regular basis so that the representatives are armed with the general view but i cannot see a way the Trust would be canvassing its members to decide to sack the manager"  

The point I was attempting to get across was if the Trust are there to represent the views of Trust members then how can they represent those views if they don't ask for them?  

If there comes a day when the board have to vote re retaining PH or going another route, how can the 2 Trust reps represent the views of Trust members if they don't have that information to hand?

You've also got to take into account that 40% of those who voted are morons.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
StiggsGTFC
August 19, 2014, 10:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from gtfc98

You've also got to take into account that 40% of those who voted are morons.

And that includes all the 25% who voted for Hurst to stay.  

Personally I'd give till his full squad is available. Still believe he runs a far too defensive set up at home.
Too deep, no width upfront, no taking on full backs, no pulled back balls for theforwards, not enough shots on goal.....and so on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
ginnywings
August 19, 2014, 10:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Despite me thinking PH should have gone at some point last season, i accepted the fact that he had been given the green light to carry on and i think having made that decision, he has to be given at least 12 games to get some momentum going.

I'm not a fan but he may get us firing yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Maringer
August 19, 2014, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,404
Gold Stars: 184
The addition of pacy players to the squad should allow us a more attacking bent at home. Unfortunately, they were all injured (or not nearly fit enough to start) for the first two home games of the season.

Let's see what happens when they return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
LH
August 19, 2014, 10:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from ginnywings
Despite me thinking PH should have gone at some point last season, i accepted the fact that he had been given the green light to carry on and i think having made that decision, he has to be given at least 12 games to get some momentum going.

I'm not a fan but he may get us firing yet.

This is my opinion too. Give the players time to come back from injury and get playing before we make any decisions.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
gtfc98
August 20, 2014, 8:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from StiggsGTFC

And that includes all the 25% who voted for Hurst to stay.  

Personally I'd give till his full squad is available. Still believe he runs a far too defensive set up at home.
Too deep, no width upfront, no taking on full backs, no pulled back balls for theforwards, not enough shots on goal.....and so on.

To be fair to Hurst the main players he has available for that (Nielson, Macreth and Arnold) have all been unavailable so far!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
denni266
August 20, 2014, 8:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Quagmire

This
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
bax
August 20, 2014, 9:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Since when did The Fishy (or the members of The Fishy) represent all GTFC fans? I suspect the vast majority of Town fans neither use this website or have probably even heard of it. 75% of people who voted in a survey, which is easily rigged, is meaningless.

Supporters will vote with their feet, not with their keyboards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
barralad
August 20, 2014, 11:02am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from bax
Since when did The Fishy (or the members of The Fishy) represent all GTFC fans? I suspect the vast majority of Town fans neither use this website or have probably even heard of it. 75% of people who voted in a survey, which is easily rigged, is meaningless.

Supporters will vote with their feet, not with their keyboards.

No:- THIS!!! Denni226

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
mariner91
August 20, 2014, 11:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,577
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from ackomariner

But it's not three games barra is it?

We've been going downhill from last Christmas , that's when myself and the other six or seven planks have been calling for change.

I do think that we've got a better squad this season than last, but paul hurst hasn't got a clue on how to get the best out of these players.

So it's not just three games, it's been a lot longer as you know

He hasn't had his full squad to work with yet. Until that point, we can't fully judge. Admittedly, he's not made the best, in my opinion, of what he's had to work with so far and has seemed to be tactically naive at best but I will reserve judgement until he gets his best XI out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
A.l.f.
August 21, 2014, 7:27am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
In 2008 did we not sack Alan Buckley after only a handful of games - and look where we went from then!  Was that not the start of fall towards eventually ended up where we are, an ex Football League club.
We have to be more patient and take stock again after 10 games, given the injuries, suspensions and being able to get that vital striker so far, it's been hard.  What it showed me is that without our pace players it's very difficult to get through defence minded teams.  Surely with 2 of our wide men back and having Pitman to pick when he's fully fit things will get better.  I too feel that the squad is better than last season and we went close last season, so expect us to end higher.

We all must realise that we are not a centrally located club and many players do not want to come here and that's why we have not got that striker yet.  Maybe PH has decided to wait until the right striker will consider Grimsby on the East Coast and feels that he can make do with what we have until then.  TBF I was happy with him keeping hold of our key players  and the signings of Brown, Toto, Arnold and Jack the lad, but had hoped for another striker but it clearly isn't that easy these days.

What is clear that after ten games we don't need to be top as last year I believe Luton only won 2 of their first 10 games ( think I heard that somewhere) so I think it's far too early to consider sacking PH.  I'm sure things will improve and as a fan I for one will be getting behind my team!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
Garth
August 21, 2014, 11:17am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from mariner91

He hasn't had his full squad to work with yet. Until that point, we can't fully judge. Admittedly, he's not made the best, in my opinion, of what he's had to work with so far and has seemed to be tactically naive at best but I will reserve judgement until he gets his best XI out.

This!  whatever has gone on before (positives) playoffs etc,  or (negatives) failure to win said playoffs and players sent off or suspended when required at the seasons start, the truth is we are where we are three games into the season with no losses fielding a depleted team.

I share the thoughts quoted above and think it would simply be a knee jerk reaction to risk a change of manager now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
StiggsGTFC
August 21, 2014, 11:27am

Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from gtfc98

To be fair to Hurst the main players he has available for that (Nielson, Macreth and Arnold) have all been unavailable so far!

Hi GtFC,   agree that we need to have all players back before judgement is made, I still fear though that the managers inclination is "not to concede" rather than "get two or three goals in front"......

Still playing far too deep at home for me......lets the opposing back four have far too much time on the ball, rather than us pushing on and closing all the space down....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
oldun
August 21, 2014, 2:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from StiggsGTFC

Hi GtFC,   agree that we need to have all players back before judgement is made, I still fear though that the managers inclination is "not to concede" rather than "get two or three goals in front"......

Still playing far too deep at home for me......lets the opposing back four have far too much time on the ball, rather than us pushing on and closing all the space down....

Playing too deep? We were camped in Nuneaton's half most of the game and had long periods of forward possession against Dover just didn't have the nous or skill in wide areas to break through.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
August 21, 2014, 4:01pm
Guest User
True oldun but tbh I do agree with him in a way.

Think we're too slow to push up in support in attack and even when Dover had a throw in we were shifting backwards perhaps faster than we should instead of pushing up on them.

Just something I noticed, maybe something to work on. Not expecting perfection at this stage of the season with so new players.
Reply: 40 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO The Trust / BigChris

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.