10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
August 18, 2014, 9:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
So PH now wants to get a left back in on loan whilst we have Magnay, Winfarrah available for left back with Bignot and Walker available to replace Magnay at right back. Seems like a waste to me especially if we play 352 again.

Surely our problems are at the other end of the pitch? 1 goal in 3, 25 goals in the last 23?
Private Message
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 18, 2014, 9:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Cuckoo............cuckoo..........

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 96
August 18, 2014, 10:11am
Guest User
Couldn't agree more. Why re-sign Walker and Bignot if you aren't prepared to use them? Winfarrah did well Tuesday, he shouldn't have been dropped on Saturday after playing most of the previous game. Magnay can play at left back and he'll do well there.
Reply: 2 - 96
DocTower
August 18, 2014, 10:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
PH is far more comfortable dealing with defensive dutys than the other end of the pitch . This is old news as it was known on Wednesday that this was a serious injury .  We have replacements on site available so use them .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 96
jonnyboy82
August 18, 2014, 10:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from MuddyWaters
So PH now wants to get a left back in on loan whilst we have Magnay, Winfarrah available for left back with Bignot and Walker available to replace Magnay at right back. Seems like a waste to me especially if we play 352 again.

Surely our problems are at the other end of the pitch? 1 goal in 3, 25 goals in the last 23?

"Husrt wants new defender"  is the telegraphs headline.

well nothing new there, we have a very talented one already in the building called caine winfarrah and is more than good enough to step in for 6 weeks, if we needed to we could put paul bignot in an emergency in there too and if we are really struggling he could put paddy in for a game if needed.

give caine his chance,, what is the point of giving him a deal and not throwing him in, we will ever know what he performs like with a run of games if he isn't given the pissing chance, if it doesn't work out then look at someone to bring in.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 96
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 18, 2014, 10:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
I think Gateshead is the wrong game to start Caine. Dover, was the right game!!!!!!!

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 96
pontoonlew
August 18, 2014, 10:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
How about you give the two players in the team who can play left back a chance Paul? And after that how about you pull your finger out your bottom and go get that goalscorer you've known we've needed for 6 months now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 96
Mariners_15
August 18, 2014, 10:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
You just couldn't make it up right now. Caine came on the other night and did really well but if he isn't confident Caine can do a job you have Magnay who can comfortably play there and Walker and Bignot to come in at RB. I thought it was a squad game Paul as you always like to tell us?

Losing faith by the second.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 96
Maringer
August 18, 2014, 10:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Though I thought Winfarrah did pretty well against Nuneaton on Tuesday, I'm less than convinced he would be able to cope playing against Rodman next weekend. Winfarrah looks to have some ability but is perhap a little small and slight to be a first choice full-back. Are they trying to convert him to that position? I always thought he was supposed to be a midfielder/attacking player?

If Aswad is to be out for 6 weeks or more, it seems reasonably sensible to look for a left-sided player to replace him. Magnay might well be capable of playing on that side, but you still lose your balance playing with a right-footer on the left.

I'd imagine the hunt for a striker goes on independently from the search for a temporary replacement for Aswad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 96
jonnyboy82
August 18, 2014, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
buckley said on the radio caine is very talented and one of the most talented he has worked with and he sees him as a winger but paul disagrees and sees him as a left back.

I wonder which one I would trust.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 96
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad replacement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.