Garth
August 18, 2014, 7:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quote Doc Tower

I respect your view and admire your enthusiasm so far . I really want to be told that I was wrong , but I've seen nothing different from last season . Bumbling along chopping changing , your right we could go and win but I just don't see it

What he says.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
August 19, 2014, 6:11am
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
It's obviously not a fully predictable but if we are treating games against teams with lesser players as a 'roll of the dice' then we might as well pack up and go home.

The way attitudes are sliding downhill quicker than a car with no brakes, I'd snap your hand off right now !  

Quoted from pontoonlew
Though saying that with some of Hursts recent decisions I'm tempted to say you never bloody know what's going to happen.

I'd say the exact opposite !

0-0 was predictable first game  (had it !)
0-0 hardly a suprise next time
1-1 ok give you that one...

Gateshead 0-0 ?
I'm having a fiver at least !

Bad luck aside, has anyone ever wondered why we're drawing so many 0-0 ?
And what the connection is between...

a manager put under too much (arguably unfair) pressure by it's fans almost like he's being attacked
and
an defensive "safety first" side out on the pitch

Go figure !

Quoted from MuddyWaters
I'm neither pro or anti Alan Buckley, but would he have bigged up Caine Winfarrah after Tuesday and then played a central midfielder in his place on Saturday? And then go one further and say in Monday's paper, 'I want another player to replace Aswad' undermining the lad's position further??

I thought Winfarrash should have started too (and he did well !)
But maybe Hurst was ALSO worried about that early cockup he made when Nuneaton nearly scored !?

Quoted from ackomariner
He's well out of his depth

How can he be out of his depth after successive playoff places ?

If the forum cheered up and stopped complaining, I'd be rushing to the bookies to place a bet on automatic promotion !

Quoted from DocTower
your right we could go and win but I just don't see it .

There's irony in there somewhere !  
Reply: 31 - 49
arryarryarry
August 19, 2014, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

The problem is, if PH had gone a lot of the players would have followed and we would have had to rebuild from scratch again. That may not have been a bad thing but we have lacked continuity in the past and I suspect thats what was on the mind of the club board post season.

My backside hurts being sat on that fence.

and you know this because......
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
FishOutOfWater
August 19, 2014, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 120797

The way attitudes are sliding downhill quicker than a car with no brakes, I'd snap your hand off right now !  

I'd say the exact opposite !

0-0 was predictable first game  (had it !)
0-0 hardly a suprise next time
1-1 ok give you that one...

Gateshead 0-0 ?

a manager put under too much (arguably unfair) pressure by it's fans almost like he's being attacked
and

Go figure !

And yet (if we're performing just as we always have done according to some of those who have had enough of Hurst's style of football) we only had four 0-0 draws last season.

Two already this season (and almost a third the way it was heading against Dover) does seem a bit strange and yet another one at Gateshead might not be too bad a result  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 49
TownSNAFU5
August 19, 2014, 1:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
We are (at least) unbeaten in the league.  Woe betide us if had lost the first 3 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
Maringer
August 19, 2014, 1:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Two already this season (and almost a third the way it was heading against Dover) does seem a bit strange and yet another one at Gateshead might not be too bad a result  

The 0-0 draws this season aren't too strange when you consider the injury problems amongst our attackers. Just a pity we haven't had 3 clean sheets as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
StiggsGTFC
August 19, 2014, 2:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
[quote=120797]

and

Go figure !  [/quote

Cart before the horse!!!!  Its defensive displays at home that causes the problems with fans, not t'other way around.....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
August 20, 2014, 3:39am
Guest User
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
And yet (if we're performing just as we always have done according to some of those who have had enough of Hurst's style of football) we only had four 0-0 draws last season.

Well I see your point !
Point is, would fans still be prepared to gracefully accept defeat applauding the effort if we took MORE risks going for 3 points ?
I'd love the answer to be "yes" but suspect it's still gonna be "no" regardless of what happens on the pitch.
I long for a day where the team can be appluaded for their effort irrespective of the final result.

Quoted from StiggsGTFC
Cart before the horse!!!!  Its defensive displays at home that causes the problems with fans, not t'other way around.....

Well first think Maringer has a good point.
And would add other injuries, near misses, 1 defensive mistake didn't help.

Personally I'm not sure what else we could have done to attack more at home on Saturday. (odd sub maybe)
I think the "defensive displays" are actually from the opposition who make like difficult for us at BP.
Dover came in a 3-5-2 and spent a fair bit of time defending. Nuneaton certainly "shut up shop"
Reply: 37 - 49
KingstonMariner
August 20, 2014, 4:23am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 120797

Well I see your point !
Point is, would fans still be prepared to gracefully accept defeat applauding the effort if we took MORE risks going for 3 points ?
I'd love the answer to be "yes" but suspect it's still gonna be "no" regardless of what happens on the pitch.
I long for a day where the team can be appluaded for their effort irrespective of the final result.

Well first think Maringer has a good point.
And would add other injuries, near misses, 1 defensive mistake didn't help.

Personally I'm not sure what else we could have done to attack more at home on Saturday. (odd sub maybe)
I think the "defensive displays" are actually from the opposition who make like difficult for us at BP.
Dover came in a 3-5-2 and spent a fair bit of time defending. Nuneaton certainly "shut up shop"

I thought he was supposed to have been a handful.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
KingstonMariner
August 20, 2014, 4:27am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 120797

How can he be out of his depth after successive playoff places ?

If the forum cheered up and stopped complaining, I'd be rushing to the bookies to place a bet on automatic promotion !

Are you saying we would get promotion if we only posted positive messages?

If I even half-suspected that would work I'd be dropping smiley faces all over the place.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A couple of inches

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.