Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A couple of inches
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 167 Guests

A couple of inches

This thread currently has 5,160 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
August 20, 2014, 4:36am
Guest User
There'd be a much better chance if people didn't moan as much.

How can the team be expected to go "all guns blazing" (at Heed) taking more risks knowing a defeat is always gonna result in a backlash ?

Yet we're unbeaten, quite ironic !
Reply: 40 - 49
ginnywings
August 20, 2014, 7:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from mike_d
I'm going to repeat something I've said before - do we think we're a bigger club than Oxford?

How long did they take to come back up?

It really does come down to a bit of luck to change our fortunes, and then confidence grows. Of course, the old adage, the more I practise, the luckier I get may apply..

We're not happy with the situation, but we need to be more positive in our methods of trying to help.

Again, my opinion - it disagrees with others but that's part of lifes rich tapestry and all that.

They got a new owner and he installed a new manager- Chris Wilder. He got them to a play off spot but they lost points for an ineligible player and lost out, only to go on the next season and get promoted.

Luton also went through several managers before getting it right as do most teams in this league. Hurst has had long enough IMO.

Lifes rich tapestry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
Abdul19
August 20, 2014, 12:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
If that's not a rhetorical question it was 4 years.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
Tom13
August 20, 2014, 8:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from arryarryarry

and you know this because......

McKeown IIRC said in the paper that his relationship with Hurst was one of the main reasons he stayed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
lew chaterleys lover
August 20, 2014, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from 120797
There'd be a much better chance if people didn't moan as much.

How can the team be expected to go "all guns blazing" (at Heed) taking more risks knowing a defeat is always gonna result in a backlash ?

Yet we're unbeaten, quite ironic !

Words completely fail me with your moronic comments.

Do you really believe, for even one nano second, that any comments on this board is going to have any effect whatsoever on professional footballers playing an away game at Gateshead?

Their performance might be affected because there would be a backlash from fans on a forum?

Do you think Paul Hurst includes the current Fishy views in his pre match strategy meeting?

The last time you inundated this board it completely ruined it. It is obvious you are trying to do the same again.

Can't you find another forum to bore the pants off?

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
August 21, 2014, 12:22am
Guest User
Do you think Paul Hurst includes the current Fishy views in his pre match strategy meeting?

I'd put money on him readng the fishy !
As the centre of GTFC "opinion" you think he wouldn't ?  
Do you really believe, for even one nano second, that any comments on this board is going to have any effect whatsoever on professional footballers playing an away game at Gateshead?

Well put it this way...
I think there's a fair old chance it might have an effect on the manager and his tactics (see players) for sure !
If you want to think it's moronic it's up to you.
Their performance might be affected because there would be a backlash from fans on a forum?

Not just on the forums to be fair.
If the side draw 1-1 at home and the crowd boos I'm sure he's taken note of it too !
The last time you inundated this board it completely ruined it.

Oh so sorry !
I know it's far worse than listening to the same old "Sack Hurst after 3 games" mantra.
You'll be pleased to know there's a very good chance I may not be a regular fixture.
It is obvious you are trying to do the same again.

Sure, I've got nothing better to do with my time after spending years away.
Maybe if fans didn't jump on the negativity bandwagon as much I wouldn't even be here.
Reply: 45 - 49
ginnywings
August 21, 2014, 7:42am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from 120797

I'd put money on him readng the fishy !
As the centre of GTFC "opinion" you think he wouldn't ?  

Well put it this way...
I think there's a fair old chance it might have an effect on the manager and his tactics (see players) for sure !
If you want to think it's moronic it's up to you.

Not just on the forums to be fair.
If the side draw 1-1 at home and the crowd boos I'm sure he's taken note of it too !

Oh so sorry !
I know it's far worse than listening to the same old "Sack Hurst after 3 games" mantra.
You'll be pleased to know there's a very good chance I may not be a regular fixture.

Maybe if fans didn't jump on the negativity bandwagon as much I wouldn't even be here.

So you've come to guide us out of the darkness and into the light.

Thank you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
MuddyWaters
August 21, 2014, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from 120797

All aboard the positivity bandwagon with 80's....choo choo.........
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
Marinerz93
August 21, 2014, 10:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
What was Hegativity again  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
August 21, 2014, 5:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

So you've come to guide us out of the darkness and into the light.

Thank you.

Not at all, just exercising my right to have an opinion like you.
You said all opinions were welcome.
Quoted from MuddyWaters
All aboard the positivity bandwagon with 80's....choo choo.........

Not always positive by any means !
Funny, thought I was trying to being objective, actually think you (and ginny) make some good points here and there.

But can you really say you can see the advantages to anything Codger ?
I want to believe I'm wrong, I really do !

Actually, I don't really see the issue to be about belonging to a "positive" or "negative" side at all !
Just think if fans are hacked off whether they can always see clearly when they're frustrated.
To his credit, fact ginny has now conceded he'll give 10 games seems to suggest there may be some truth to it ?

It's not a case for saying the sun is always shining for me.
Merely that disillusionment breeds disillusionment etc and vice versa (yes I know winning helps)  
Just even BEFORE the game v Dover a few looked drunk off ! (bless em)
So that's really what I mean by "negativity bandwagon".

Anyway perhaps it's a term I should refrain from using.
But equally it's not right to throw people into the so called happy clapper brigade either.

As always the case, I'm watching Hurst's performance and if I think he makes mistakes, won't be frightened to say so.
But equally, would be be nice if he could be given some support now and then too ?

UTM chaps
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A couple of inches

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.