Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst takes a swipe at fans
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 189 Guests

Hurst takes a swipe at fans

This thread currently has 13,085 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Tom13
August 20, 2014, 5:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from 120797
So people want a passing game ?

Being realistic can't see any "passing game" taking shape unless the most creative midfield players return to full fitness and lots of work on the training ground is done.

Again, unrealistic unfair expectations !

That said Hurst says he WANTS to play a passing style, but guess he hasn't said he WILL.
Me ? I ideally WANT us to play like Brazil, sometimes you've got to be realistic...

However FWIW I think LJL is quite a good passer of the ball !

End of the day why can't fans just support the manager whatever style or players he chooses ?

Not sure about that, did you watch the World Cup?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 156
Abdul19
August 20, 2014, 5:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from Tom13

We could sign McNulty to perform the Hulk role!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 156
LH
August 20, 2014, 6:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from Abdul19

Connell already playing like Fred.
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 156
August 20, 2014, 6:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tom13

Coming back to the LJL saga, I kind of see where Old Codger is coming from.

Do fans see lack of goals and instantly think the so called "main man" LJL is to blame ?
If so, I think this is the mistake they're making.
Course he'll score but for me, he's not in the side to score goals.

He's TARGET/HOLD UP MAN to provide and hopefully chip in.
If Town couldn't win would you think Neilson or Disley were at fault ?

As for being an "athelete" and not a footballer, "sticking goals away" isn't the only thing any footballer ever needs.

His vision, passing, tackling, commendable attitude (many players might have folded by now !), workrate (in addition to the very many PHYSICAL attributes) play don't get a mention  

Are people not paying attention or just refusing to accept it's not all about goals  ?

Quoted from jungleland
He could win if he would drop Lewis

I'd suggest there could be "ball sticking up top" factors that might even make the situation appear a whole lot worse !
Who knows but it's risk.
But then it's "oh we need passing" like we've had the creative players available to work on it, let alone do it.

Perhaps fans need to make their minds up what the REAL issue is (e.g. we need a goalscorer alongside him ?) or preferably just get a grip on reality.
Reply: 123 - 156
cmackenzie4
August 20, 2014, 6:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from jonnyboy82

It doesnt just apply to these three games though does it ?

He has been first on the team sheet for far too long,the lad needs taking out the firing line for his own sake too.

The question is when the strikers are fully fit and a full team to choose from will LJL name still be on that team sheet?

Also can anyone remember the last time LJL was not in the starting eleven? (Barring injury)

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 156
ackomariner
August 20, 2014, 6:59pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from cmackenzie4

The question is when the strikers are fully fit and a full team to choose from will LJL name still be on that team sheet?

Also can anyone remember the last time LJL was not in the starting eleven? (Barring injury)

Suspended for the Huddersfield game, cook played out of his skin, then Lewis back in the next game and cook dropped

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 156
August 20, 2014, 7:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from jonnyboy82
the lad needs taking out the firing line for his own sake too.

You're all heart !
Didn't bother him on Saturday.
Reply: 126 - 156
Maringer
August 20, 2014, 7:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
Cook did reasonably well in the Huddersfield game but let's not kid ourselves he was brilliant. An 'assist' for Disley's goal but that came from a blocked shot which looped up into the air. But for that, Cook played well enough but didn't test the keeper at all that I recall.

At the time I actually thought he'd perhaps get a start in the next game, but not to be. I think the rumours indicated that he didn't work hard enough in training? In general, I simply think he just wasn't good enough or perhaps consistent enough and this is why he was released. I do agree he probably ought to have had a bit more game time last season, however, though I was not a fan of his.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 156
Tom13
August 20, 2014, 7:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Abdul19

From what I've seen of Hulk we could get Brian Blessed to play there and he'd still have the same effect!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 156
ackomariner
August 20, 2014, 7:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Maringer
Cook did reasonably well in the Huddersfield game but let's not kid ourselves he was brilliant. An 'assist' for Disley's goal but that came from a blocked shot which looped up into the air. But for that, Cook played well enough but didn't test the keeper at all that I recall.

At the time I actually thought he'd perhaps get a start in the next game, but not to be. I think the rumours indicated that he didn't work hard enough in training? In general, I simply think he just wasn't good enough or perhaps consistent enough and this is why he was released. I do agree he probably ought to have had a bit more game time last season, however, though I was not a fan of his.

That's fine, that's your opinion . Now your last sentence you state you wasn't a fan of Cook....that's the same as the negative ones on here now not being a fan of LJL . Just saying like.....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 156
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst takes a swipe at fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.