16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
August 20, 2014, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Ah, right. Didn't know that Barrow had a bit of dosh these days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 156
mariner91
August 20, 2014, 10:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,633
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Quagmire

That's because Cook hardly played last season!

Effectiveness?

Player   Goals   Mins On Pitch    Mins Per Goal

LJL         8           3,684             460.50
Cook       7           1,497             213.86

I suppose it depends how you define 'effective' ....

Genuine question as I'm intrigued. Where did you find minute on pitch stats for players in the conference?! And I thought LJL scored 9 and Cook scored 6?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 156
Maringer
August 20, 2014, 11:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Cook got a few in the League, but the others were in the Trophy, I suppose? A bit difficult to see as soccerbase is my go to site but they don't bother with the Trophy matches. Scanning through, it looks as though he only started around 10 matches - I thought he'd actually begun a few more than that. Must be getting the previous season's games mixed up with last season.

I'd be interested to see where the minutes per player stat came from as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 156
ginnywings
August 21, 2014, 12:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,114
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
Cook got a few in the League, but the others were in the Trophy, I suppose? A bit difficult to see as soccerbase is my go to site but they don't bother with the Trophy matches. Scanning through, it looks as though he only started around 10 matches - I thought he'd actually begun a few more than that. Must be getting the previous season's games mixed up with last season.

I'd be interested to see where the minutes per player stat came from as well.

Top of the page in the 'Season' section. At the bottom is previous seasons. Click on that then player profiles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 156
Maringer
August 21, 2014, 8:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Top of the page in the 'Season' section. At the bottom is previous seasons. Click on that then player profiles.

Thanks for that - have to admit I had no idea that The Fishy had that stuff available as I only ever look at the forum!

I note that they also show an "Average Weighted Points Contribution" as well. Cook's is extremely low for this, but I'd guess that this is because many of his appearances (and minutes on the pitch) were in the Trophy/Cup. This doesn't appear to have been factored in when considering the points won during Conference games.

Still, an interesting little resource.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 156
mariner91
August 21, 2014, 9:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,633
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from ginnywings

Cheers Ginny. Had no idea it was there!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 156
Rick12
August 21, 2014, 12:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
2 sides to every story. Nice to see Hurst pointing out that players have to earn the right to be in the team(and so they should) and does acknowledge does have his positives which is something I would agree with. As for his swipe at "some" fans and their view on his choice on John Lewis does have to take this on board as well as fans pay good money(overly so) to watch Town play in this division. If the opinion is justified and makes sense Hurst has to acknowledge these viewpoints. Though on another note I accept the job of a manager is difficult as what ever someone does there will always be opinions to the contrary. Hopefully though results pick up and we see a few wins and a move up the table and some people get of Hursts back. Because as much as I think he lacks some passion which admittedly not all managers have and have been successful without it eg think of  Del Bosque and Spain until recently I want him to succeed to with Town

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 156
16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst takes a swipe at fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.